2 Spineless, Roadblocking Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by erofant, Oct 21, 2021.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Your first sentence is wrong. Same with your second sentence, which is a repeat of the first. Your third sentence implies that you are a middle of the road type person and wish ill for no one, which can be viewed as commendable.
    Now personally, I'm not a religious person, so I don't judge people on that basis, but on how they act toward other sentient beings and their regard for the earth. I'm not sure what forms we, as humans , will be gifted with other than that we manifest presently. I do not believe we were ever to know exactly why we are here in our present form, as I think that we are incapable of knowing such. No matter--it's not important how I feel / think about any subject under the sun. However , I cannot be a casual observer of the well covered subject /s erofant lays out in his post 58. And yes--I am a fanatic when it comes to the issues expressed therein and I make no apologies for that, nor will I ever. I wish you well in your endeavors and the comfort you find in your neutrality.

2. erofant

erofant Members

What I don't understand is that many of those on the right - when faced with facts and views other than their own - accuse anyone holding those differing views of being "hate-filled." When I underline, italicize, or bold-face words - it's not because I'm angry. It's to provide focus and emphasis - nothing more.

As a Christian myself, Jesus taught the premise of "hate the SIN - love the sinner." So while I may hate the greedy, self-serving, environmentally ruinous practices of MANY REPUBLICAN policies & legislation, I'd much rather they repent and follow Jesus' teachings of "Love thy neighbor AS THYSELF" (Do unto others - ALL others - as you would have done to yourself). That would mean NOT drafting laws that favor the very rich at the expense of all others, and protecting the environment that GOD created so ALL generations - present and future - can live in a clean world. It's about respecting others enough to NOT be greedy, and NOT trashing the environment which belongs to ALL people.

For any Bible readers ........ where did anyone see scripture passages where Jesus taught, "Make all the money you can - as fast as you can - and don't concern yourself with how you do it, or who you have to run over to accomplish it." ?????????????????? OR - "Lie, cheat, deceive, be indifferent if you must - in order to become rich and achieve your lofty business goals." ???????????????? OR "Whoever piles up the most money is assured of entry into Heaven." ????????????????????

Maybe it's me - but I've never seen those scripture passages in ANY Bible. Rather, Jesus taught OBEDIENCE to GOD'S teachings, HUMILITY, PATIENCE, CHARITY, and L-O-V-E for your fellow mankind. If you truly love and care for your fellow man / woman, do you treat them as pawns to enrich yourself??? Ignore their needs??? Pollute the environment they must live in, because ignoring pollution adds more to the "bottom line" ??? Create laws that take advantage of them for your own gain??? Tell them they live in a free democracy - then write new laws that make it harder for them to vote, or have their votes counted??? Create a political "Southern Strategy" (a dog whistle to weaken black voters / votes in the south by gerrymandering and other means, for the advantage of REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS) as Ronnie Reagan did???

These - and many other actions - seem COUNTER to what Jesus actually taught. Maybe the extreme, right-wing, religious follow an "alternate Jesus" with "alternate facts."

scratcho likes this.
  3. erofant

erofant Members

Jesus also taught, "Whatever you do to the least of my people ..... that you do unto me."

So is it wise to ignore others & their needs in order to enrich oneself?? To create laws that disenfranchise segments of ANY population - in ANY country - for the advantage of the few "insiders" ?? To keep their pay LOW so as to make oneself even richer?? To make even basic needs harder to get??

4. sherman march

sherman march Members

unofficial corruption is the way of life in Congress in both parties. if you don't want to believe me then read Ralph Nader's book

5. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The Rich can make money in good times and in bad. Depressions or bubbles, Inflation or a stable currency, Democrat or Republican.
    They are making money hand over fist right now.

erofant and scratcho like this.
  6. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

Manchin and Sinema are anything but spineless. The flak they're taking for standing up for what they believe takes an enormous amount of backbone to endure.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Did you mean to say it takes an enormous amount of money to endure?

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, that republican money spends real good!

erofant likes this.
  9. erofant

erofant Members

Some of us pay attention to the news - the R-E-A-L news. It seems RICH REPUBLICAN DONORS have been shoveling wads of money at both Manchin and Sinema to BLOCK any attempts to secure support for VOTING RIGHTS for ALL AMERICANS, for any attempts to make a Federal law prohibiting gerrymandering of voting districts, and for the "Build Back Better" proposal. Cyber security is HORRIBLE - and that alone could take billions to correct.

Another prime example of REPUBLICAN HYPOCRISY hit the news. Rand Paul - the REPUBLICAN big mouth firebrand - demanded Federal money for his state of Kentucky in the aftermath of the tornadoes. Rand Paul VOTED AGAINST Federal money for Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Florida, and a few other states after THEIR natural disasters ...... saying "It's easy to be generous with other people's money." But NOW ..... he wants "other people's money" for HIS state. (For those who don't know - Kentucky is one of the biggest "takers" of Federal money - while being one of the smallest contributors because their per capita INCOME LEVELS are so low. So - more needy people - greater need for Federal resources = money).

100% P-E-R-F-E-C-T example of REPUBLICAN HYPOCRISY. What a prime JIT-BAG Rand Paul is.

celicalove, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  10. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I think you can safely call him what he is, a shit bag.

erofant and scratcho like this.
  11. erofant

erofant Members

I CANNOT FATHOM how anyone in the U.S. can't recognize the racism, bigotry, and MEGA HYPOCRISY of THE REPUBLICAN PARTY for the last 25 years or more. They talk big and tough, rules and laws ....... but their legislative actions prove they realize they CANNOT win elections without cheating and rigging the system. This, despite ACCUSING the DEMOCRATIC PARTY - - - FALSELY - - - of rigging the system and cheating ..... a FACT that has been P-R-O-V-E-N many times and no U.S. court would allow to stand. And because these same REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS are still sucking T****'s genitalia to save their own political careers - - they've lost their souls to T**** and ANY semblance of being in favor of democracy and free & fair elections. They CANNOT MAKE THAT CLAIM of "free & fair elections" - and then in 20 states with REPUBLICAN-CONTROLLED state legislatures, hurriedly pass partisan voting restrictions. These restrictions range from shortening voting hours, to restricting or eliminating mail-in ballots, to slashing the number of polling places, to making it a crime to give even water to anyone standing in line in the heat to vote, and passing PARTISAN REPUBLICAN-ONLY ballot counting.

If all this shit doesn't register in people's minds as - a fascist, authoritarian method of "the politicians picking their voters" instead of the way it's always been in the U.S.- - The U.S. is completely LOST as a free country. ANY country with 1-party rule and total electoral control is FASCIST by actual definition. With 1-party total control and rule ......... we no longer have a choice when voting for our futures - or our children's & grandchildren's. Fascist, authoritarianism will rule and GOD HELP anyone who disagrees with those in power. We'll turn into Russia, China, North Korea, Belarus, Iran, Afghanistan, and other such countries where the citizens HAVE NO FREEDOM - - - and NO VOICE IN THEIR OWN FATES. The REPUBLICAN PARTY is turning the U.S. into another one of those fascist dictatorships as you read this!!!!

WHY do you think they demonize Antifa (which stands for "anti-fascism") so strongly?????? Because they want a fascist style of government where they CANNOT BE VOTED OUT !!!!! 1-party control means you have NO CHOICE of change!!!!! Why do you think THE REPUBLICAN PARTY has gerrymandered voting districts all around the U.S.??? It's so they CAN'T lose!!! Ask yourselves ....... Is THAT free and fair elections??? Is that freedom to choose our own leaders???? NOOOOO ... it's NOT!!! It's rigging the electoral system. Any free country needs at least 2 political parties so neither side gets too entrenched and greedy for money and power.

The S-T-U-P-I-D-I-T-Y of sooooo many U.S. citizens is why our free democratic republic is in GRAVE DANGER of disappearing. Those that believe the likes of T****, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Ron DeSantis, Ron Johnson, Jim Jordan, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Kevin McCarthy, Moscow Mitch McConnell, and others of their ilk are the way to keep a free country are STUPID AS A STONE. I don't agree with ALL of their politics - but GOD BLESS Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheyney for having the guts and integrity to stand up for the rule of law and what's CORRECT for this country - and our U.S. Constitution.

PLEASE GOD .......... save us from our own stupidity ............. for our children's and grandchildren's sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scratcho likes this.
  12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Hey now... I've known stones that were smarter than Jim Jordan.

scratcho and erofant like this.
  13. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I prefer dumb as a post. Maybe even dumb as a box of rocks.

scratcho and erofant like this.
  14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Should Manchin be considering GOP?

Aslo, AOC says "defund" sometimes. That seems like a poorly thought out concept to me...

Taxing the rich is important, but there has to be a better way to word that.

Those are my two gripes, but I don't think either one is spineless. Roadblocking, absolutely.

scratcho likes this.
  15. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Manchin is holding out for mandatory coal-fired urban commuter vehicles in the build back better plan and since NY isn't going to allow any new natural gas hookups, he wants to put in coal-fired boilers.

16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

England actually had those in WWII.

[​IMG]

In the 80s GM had a coal fired turbine car. The COALdsmobile

17. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

COAL - It's the future.....

18. erofant

erofant Members

I agree. Some people speak without thinking first. Defunding the police was a poorly thought-out phrase / concept that ended up scaring millions of avg. Americans of ALL political stripes. "Working with the public to enact sensible police reform" would have been a better angle. AOC caused an un-needed ruckus by saying "defund the police."

The need for more smarts.

MeAgain and scratcho like this.
  19. erofant

erofant Members

Manchin is a coal-sourced multi-millionaire. He's been literally bought & paid for by RICH CONSERVATIVE donors who want any progress made for ALL AMERICANS by Democrats stopped immediately. Manchin screwed over his own W. Virginia constituents by voting against several bills that would have helped them through the Covid pandemic crisis. Oh well. They'll vote for him again .......... because they can't see the forest for the trees.

Idlewild, MeAgain and scratcho like this.
  20. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sen. Joe Manchin on Monday said that he opposes President Biden's nomination of Sarah Raskin to serve on the seven-member Federal Reserve board

scratcho likes this.