2 Spineless, Roadblocking Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by erofant, Oct 21, 2021.

1. erofant

erofant Members

The two "spineless" Dems I alluded to were the recent beneficiaries of some REALLY big campaign donations by exceedingly rich conservative donors - to block ANY Democratic bills that actually help THE WHOLE COUNTRY move forward on things we desperately need. Thousands of bridges have been declared structurally deficient or dangerous by civil engineers, - roads are crumbling everywhere, - water systems are old, leaking, and unsanitary, - the power grids are in need of updating / backing-up, - sewer systems are ancient, crumbling, - underground gas lines are leaking & exploding around the country, - our cyber security here in the U.S. is a J-O-K-E, - and climate change / environmental stupidity is REAL. Rising sea levels and melting polar ice caps ARE NOT made up. Even our own U.S. military are making plans to move bases and buildings to higher ground because the sea levels are rising. F-A-C-T. The Western States' exceptional drought status is F-A-C-T. Huge western reservoirs are drying up - drinking water supplies dwindling, agricultural-use supplies drying up. F-A-C-T.

So once again .......... BIG MONEY folks are trying to stop SMART PROGRESS that may not benefit their corporate / conglomerate bottom lines. Manchin and Sinema are their PAWNS.

scratcho likes this.
  2. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

The stated basis of conservative opposition to such bills, so far as I can see, is that they include huge amounts of pork-barrel spending and political payoffs unrelated to needed infrastructure improvements. A rational refutation of this claim, if possible, would expose the falsity of the "pork-barrel and payoff" allegations. But no, you're pissed, and it makes you feel better to engage in verbal abuse and character assassination. This is not helpful to anyone who, unlike you, does not already have their mind made up on this issue and is not seething with hate against those who oppose their views.

3. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Under the Build Big Brother Homeowners will be able to write off Eighty Thousand Dollars of real estate tax payments. This benefits your ultra rich. Thats: $80,000.00. Why?

Under Build Big Brother, The IRS will hire thousands of new agents to snoop for tax cheaters. Yes, Lois Lerner's IRS. More partisanship from beltway Democrats, no thank you.

Just let the Rich pay their Real Estate tax on their McMansion and leave it at that.

MartNorth likes this.
  4. sherman march

sherman march Members

in all the decades Biden was senator from Delaware it was common belief in Washington that he was owned by the credit card companies most of whose headquarters were in Delaware and he routinely used his senate position to block credit card reform, same as Manchin is doing now for his home state's coal mining industry. It's what senators of both parties do - protect their home state industries interests. But I admit Sinema is a political and sexual kook and there is no explaining her political positions except she loves the attention.

erofant and scratcho like this.
  5. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If you have any evidence to substantiate that allegation, that is corruption clear and simple and you should present that to the Police.

erofant likes this.
  6. Wally Pitcher

Wally Pitcher Members

The problem with the politics in this country is the two party system. Republicans and Democrats have been adversarial since the Civil War. Each of them have a following of corporations and billionaire constituents who want to maintain the status quo and secure the wealthy class to the detriment of 90% of the population. It used to be "Tweetle Dee" vs "Tweetle Dumb," and we need to add "Tweetle Dumber" which emerged in the last 30 years. Issues like Race, Guns, Drugs, Religion and Immigration are just trigger points to fool the electorate into supporting corrupt people into the government. Hoorah for the German Democracy, we can learn a lot from their leadership. We need at least four or five honest political parties so that they are forced to work together for the people, and not international corporations.

erofant and scratcho like this.
  7. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

The two-party system is perpetuated by the single-choice system of voting. You may have to vote (if you vote) for a fairly unsatisfactory candidate in hope of defeating one you think is even worse. The simplest way to solve this problem would be a two-choice system in which you could vote for (1) the candidate you actually think is best and (2) the candidate you think has the best chance of defeating the worst candidate.

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

9. scratcho

erofant and MeAgain like this.
  10. erofant

erofant Members

I'm not seething with hate!! That's what the maga crowd steeps itself in. (see the spate of nationwide death threats against any Democrats, specific death threats against Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence, and the number of actual shootings done by T**** supporters /maga crowd.)

And for pork-barrel spending - REPUBLICAN senator Mitch McConnell is a master at getting lots of PORK for HIS state. Political pay-offs????????????? How about the $800 MILLION donated by the Koch bros. to REPUBLICAN causes all across the U.S. - and that's just ONE pair of brothers!!!!!!! And former (disgraced) senator Trent Lott's aggressive feeding at the PORK TROUGH got Mississippi more than its share of taxpayer money over his racist / bigoted tenure. (racist & bigoted based on his own statements, mind you. His arrogant mouth sunk his ship.)

Anyone - on either side - who points a finger at another for "pork" is just a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Both sides are guilty as hell on that charge.

Nice try.

Piney and scratcho like this.
  11. erofant

erofant Members

Can't argue with that.

Under the Bush 43 and T**** "tax overhauls" - by ANY STANDARD - the rich got VERY MUCH RICHER with the H-U-G-E tax breaks given to the ultra-wealthy. Why any self-respecting, hard-working, avg. citizen Republican would roll over and succumb to THAT sort of tax abuse is ............. BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION. Anyone not worth $10 million or more should be mega-pissed over those robberies. If Dems are truly handing another $$$ multi-million tax break to the ultra-wealthy - that pisses me off too. Crooked & corrupt is crooked & corrupt - no matter what party is at fault.

scratcho, Piney and MeAgain like this.
  12. erofant

erofant Members

Scratcho - post #48 above .........

It's a great televised clip of mega-H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y. I particularly liked the criticism of Biden for bringing the troops home and "endless wars." Who started our Middle East war in the first place in Iraq ( "We know they have weapons of mass destruction. Saddam Hussein had a hand in 9-11." ) LIARS - Falsehoods. Bush 43 and trickey Dickey Cheyney both. How many U.S. troops were killed in that "Mission Accomplished" fiasco?????? And when T**** lambasted Obama for having troops still in Afghanistan, and he - T**** - was going to "bring our boys home" - I didn't hear one REPUBLICAN flapping YAP criticize T**** for bringing them home. But they sure shit their pants when Biden brought them home. Many REPUBLICAN PUKES bitched that " We didn't win. We should have sent more troops in and hammered them." They say they want an end to "endless wars" (that THEY STARTED) - but at the same time want to send in more troops to "finish the job." Which the fuck is it???????????

And NO ONE gave voice to what the end of middle-eastern wars was going to look like. What was the specific goal??? IMO - it was an action of "showing we are tough" - without a stated goal and following through to achieve it. Even our military generals said we should have sent more troops and finished the job. Politicians start wars, and when the political will of those politicians gets tested, and they fear an election loss - they can't wait to get out. This sends a crappy message to other countries - allies and foes alike. 9-11 happened, and we needed to counter-attack, surely. But listen to the military generals to achieve the goals - but those goals MUST be stated. That at least gives politicians of either side political cover for going to war and staying the course until stated goals are achieved. Anything less is just wasting lives - primarily - and money & equipment secondarily. Anyone - ANYONE - who thought / thinks that in Middle-Eastern countries with their religious zealots & beliefs, that you can go in and turn those countries into "Leave it to Beaver" neighborhoods with white picket fence countries is INSANE. 100% I-N-S-A-N-E.

It's also a textbook example of how to rile up the population by screaming "triggers" to desperate, disillusioned citizens. The problem is many of the gullible haven't enough education to be able to sort out the lies, deceptions, and HYPOCRISY of the REPUBLICAN SCREAMERS. That kind of behavior is a well-thought-out plan to REALLY piss off people that are already angry, desperate, disillusioned, feeling "left behind" and ignored. It's a well-used method of grabbing political power by deception and throwing gas onto fires already started on a variety of topics. Fascist dictators have used this same recipe for decades to grab and secure power. It's now happening HERE - in the U.S. It would NEVER work if only people paid better attention and actually KNEW history - and recognized the warning signs from past examples.

The price of not studying while in school - and I went to school with lots of "slackers" who though school was a joke. Now the joke's on them ...... or it WILL BE.

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  13. erofant

erofant Members

Scratcho - post #49 above ...........

That's beautiful !!!!!! I've said on this forum and a few others that I see T**** as a used-car salesman - nothing more. This clip you posted says pretty much the same thing. T**** is a huckster, a marketer, a pitch man. To be great at any of those, one has to be a great bullshit artist - able to fascinate and bamboozle the wide-eyed, gawking crowds. He's the greatest GRIFTER of modern times.

For those out there who don't know what a grifter is ......... look it up. It's one who'll try anything, say anything, pitch / sell anything, lie & deceive anyone - in order to enrich themself. Think snake-oil salesman - if you know what THAT is.

I know YOU know what those things are Scratcho. You've been around a while ...... like me. Maybe others don't. Thanks for posting those clips!!!!!!!!

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  14. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

......INDISPUTABLE......

scratcho likes this.
  15. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

Oh, so haters are found only on the opposing side, not on your side? I would say "Don't nake me laugh," but it's too late for that. No, verbal abuse, character assassination, and demonization of opponents are evidence of hate, no matter what opinions the haters hold.

From this it follows that Republicans (and a few conservative Democrats) are right to oppose Democratic greed for pork, and Democrats are right to oppose Republican greed for pork. It does not follow that Democrats do well to be greedy for pork because Republicans are too. Please take note that you have just implicitly admitted that the Republicans and conservative Democrats have a valid complaint about pork and payoffs in the spending proposals you're promoting. (It's like this: a person may make an accurate and valid complaint to police about crimes committed by others, even if the person is guilty of the same crimes and doesn't report those to the police.)

16. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

I'm reminded of certain racists and xenophobes who direct their outrage at crimes committed by nonwhites or illegal aliens, but pay too little attention to crimes committed by others. Like them, you appear to focus too narrowly on a particular group of actual or alleged evildoers, whom you categorize as "REPUBLICAN SCREAMERS." If you seriously maintain that lies, deception, and hypocrisy are to be found, or are to be criticized, much more among Republicans than among Democrats, then I feel it is my duty to warn you of an impending danger. That danger is that the conservatives you loathe will put you forth as a shining example of the intelligence and, above all, the fair-mindedness of their opponents!

17. scratcho

And I'm reminded of apologists for a party that has consistently voted against womens rights over the decades, against equal pay for equal work, against workers rights to organize against corporations that treat them badly, FOR huge tax breaks for the super rich--the huge corporations that oft times pay no taxes leaving the middle and lower class tax payers to foot the bills that should be shared by all, they lie , cheat, gerrymander to win elections-( which we will soon see the the results of), and presently are saying the most ridiculous things about democrats, covid, Dr Fauci-( dr Mengele?--my dog!!!) They've become truly sick individuals that seemingly are edging ever closer to fascism and are said to be the most danger to this country right now by old style republicans. They have become the very definition of cult members by worshiping an individual that most anyone that can see ---with clear eyes that is----is a lousy, narcissistic , lying member of a criminal family that lacks empathy for anyone but his own useless self. I can only hope that he and his family get what they deserve for what they've done to this country. :mad::mad:

Tyrsonswood and MeAgain like this.
  18. erofant

erofant Members

Dulci Daily -

"Pork" is what ALL elected Congress-people seek to bring home to their districts. BOTH SIDES. But I'm old enough to know this ........ not all "pork" is bad. Pork is money for projects - and not all projects are bad. Some are necessary and good for the public at large. But each side (because they want to score political points) tags the "other guy's pork" as bad, when truthfully, either side may have good projects.

But being as old as I am, I can make this judgement based on decades of observation ........ the REPUBLICAN PARTY very typically makes legislative moves that benefit corporate interests and those of the very richest citizens. It's gotten much worse over the last 30 years than it used to be. The T**** and McConnell-led "tax overhaul" is viewed by THE MAJORITY of Americans - across the board - as favoring the rich by a LARGE MARGIN. Most polling has showed that around 70% of Americans see that "tax overhaul" as benefitting the rich more than most citizens. Even Warren Buffet said VERY CLEARLY that the tax breaks need to go to the people who'll put it back into the economy. His closing statement was, "People like me don't need tax breaks." They don't call the man "the Oracle of Omaha" for nothing. He K-N-O-W-S money and economics.

Policies such as those pushed by THE REPUBLICAN PARTY that give almost all the advantages (and the wealth) to a small percentage of the population, steer the future of the country toward becoming just like Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Belarus, etc. Those countries have the majority of their populations overlorded by one individual and a small cadre of hand-picked "loyalists" and supporters that control EVERYTHING, including the economies, (and LACK of financial security) of the majority of their populations. The "carrot-on-the-stick" can get smaller & smaller because of the sheer desperation of the majority population - which is under the tight, strict control of the very few. History teaches us that clearly - if we use our eyes and brains. Do we REALLY think the avg. citizen of Russia or China or North Korea or Belarus has a fair shot at financial security?? They're lucky if they have enough to eat, despite having so-called "free elections" to change their leadership if they don't like how things are going in those countries.

THE REPUBLICAN PARTY A-L-W-A-Y-S pushes laws that attack working Americans - and FAVOR big business. THE REPUBLICAN PARTY A-L-W-A-Y-S weakens workers' rights laws and tries to eliminate the right to organize unions (which have always stood on the side of workers in the U.S. and other countries). EVERY American worker (those not signing the checks) ought to be pissed off at the implied - but not spoken with words - message that "if you American workers would just work for the same low, LOW wages and no benefits we pay our foreign work/slave forces - we'd move back here." And who started that offshoring process?? Who pushed the "button" and gave his blessing to getting rid of manufacturing here in the U.S. ????? REPUBLICAN president RONNIE REAGAN when he said on a nationally televised address that, "We're going to change our economy from a manufacturing-based economy to a service-based economy." Reagan also disbanded the air-traffic controllers union when they struck for more help in the control towers because they were under-manned and over-worked by crazy-long hours. (You know ....... those slackers who control ALL the flight patterns while we're in the air flying to & from). Evidently B-movie actor REAGAN thought it wiser to have fewer, over-worked, burned-out flight controllers in the towers ......... you know ......... for better passenger safety.

And a biggy for many people ........ THE REPUBLICAN PARTY A-L-W-A-Y-S works to weaken or eliminate environmental protection laws. They call climate change a "hoax" while everyone else in the world realizes it as fact and takes measures to cut down on carbon-based pollution / greenhouse gasses. They deny that sea levels are rising - while behind closed doors in Congress they move taxpayers' money to move bases and buildings because they are getting ocean water in them. Newport News Va. Naval base is one of them - but they don't want the public to hear about it in the news. It's kept very quiet. Our military leaders know it and have begun making moves to stay dry. So THE REPUBLICAN PARTY has been L-Y-I-N-G to the American public about climate change for years. We DO NOT have another world to move to ......... so what are we going to be leaving our kids and grandkids??????????? Island nations have already begun to apply for immigration to other countries because their islands are going under water. This is FACT. How can these REPUBLICAN LIES continue?????????

If the so-called "religious-right" actually believes in GOD - do they think there'll be no punishment for trashing the world GOD created for humans to live in????? No punishment for indifference toward future generations' ability to live in a clean world?????????????? For being greedy and treating fellow human beings as pawns in a "get-rich-quick" scheme????????????? Maybe they ought to learn the meaning of the word "repent."

MeAgain and scratcho like this.
  19. scratcho

Way to lay it out, brother. Those who don't see the difference in the parties are delusional or just plain blind----or are accomplished liars like the republican party members.:)

20. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

Well, obviously there's no more to be said, since everyone who doesn't agree with you is delusional, blind, or a liar. I would just note in passing that a fanatic (of whom, I believe, there are many in both major parties) is someone who treats all who don't agree with him or her as delusional, blind, or a liar. Me, I eschew fanaticism on either side and I favor malice toward none, charity for all.

I do appreciate the pointed suggestion that those on the so-called "religious right:" who don't favor adequate care for God's creation may go to hell--but care for God's creation takes many forms, one of which (as I said) is malice toward none, charity for all. I trust that you guys don't wish to be stuck in hell with "religious right" fanatics. Evaluate your own speech and actions, and change them accordingly, lest you be found to be mirror images of those fanatics, with different opinions but the same vicious tendencies. With that, I bid you à Dieu.