2 Spineless, Roadblocking Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by erofant, Oct 21, 2021.

1. erofant

erofant Members

Manchin and Sinema ........ what can you say about the 2 spineless, flip-flopping, boat anchors that are plaguing the REST of the Democratic party in it's attempts to DO THE RIGHT THING FOR THE WHOLE COUNTRY. From voting rights, to infrastructure, to climate change issues, to ........... big GASP!!!! ............ forcing the very richest to actually pay taxes (since many haven't paid squat for the last 5 years or more.)

Dear GOD - save us from these 2 millstones hanging around the neck of real PROGRESS in the U.S. BIG MONEY being shoveled at both Manchin and Sinema campaigns by rich conservatives who want things to NEVER CHANGE ........ especially for them.

The ironic thing is this ........ those Democratic changes / progress would help MILLIONS of Republican citizens ....... but they're too "party-blinded" to even realize that fact. So those Republican voters keep voting for the same party that's been sticking it up their asses for decades. Those avg. Republican citizens must LOVE the fact that the multi-billionaires pay no taxes (documented proof) .......... but they themselves HAVE TO.

And now .... they have Manchin and Sinema joining all the REPUBLICAN PARTY members to protect the rich from higher taxes / paying taxes AT ALL, gutting any and all environmental protection laws, restricting the rights of AMERICAN VOTERS, and stalling on LONG OVERDUE, MUCH NEEDED infrastructure upgrades.

SPINELESS, CORRUPT FECES.

MeAgain and scratcho like this.
  2. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hopefully those multi-billionaires are paying the real estate taxes on the home. Previously it was all a write off.

3. arizonacook

arizonacook Banned

i'm so embarrassed to be living in AZ

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Donald Duck is still a free man, and intent on becoming emperor of the world, while half of all conservatives claim the sun revolves around the earth, and every study has indicated that Americans have overwhelmingly voted for whoever advertises the most in almost every fucking election for over twenty years. You can't have politics, when half the damned country insists a lynch mob is preferable. The Devil's greatest lie was convincing people they actually have a functional government.

jagerhans likes this.
  5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Manchin is a textbook example of a completely bought and sold politician that would rather keep his job than help the citizens of the US that need some help. The coal companies OWN HIS ASS. Why is he pretending to be a democrat? The useless prick.

6. wooleeheron

Donald Duck is still a free man and attempting to become emperor of the world, and if people want to pretend we have two parties, it makes sense to me.

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

The problem is very real.

I'm in earnest seeking a more progressive stance from the guy at the top of the ladder. I really wish that the president would take a stand and go full bore anything.

It all really feels mediocre, and the polls aren't going to be good. I'm waning and whining and wishing for Ocasio-Cortez presidencies, no matter how far fetched. A Cory Booker would be good. I'd settle for a Gifford - certainly a Gifford...

I hope that the message begins to resound and reverberate from every House chamber and every Senate board room - Americans have had enough stagnation!

We will not tolerate this half-hearted governing - we want the agenda to reflect our new values, not our old ones. Why doesn't the President understand that?

GeorgeJetStoned and arizonacook like this.
  8. wooleeheron

In general, American politics swing from one extreme to the other in forty year cycles. We're long overdue, simply because the US has become so wealthy and powerful, that we can repeatedly crash the entire world economy and trash out our own citizens by the millions, without anyone complaining. Big is better, when you own the fucking mass media, and can easily corrupt the government of almost any country in the world.

The day is coming but, be careful what you wish for, because you know damned well this one's gonna hurt!!!

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Reports are that Manchin is threatening to leave the Democratic party if he doesn't get his way. Like a little spoiled brat.
    This was a few days ago. Of course now he denies it claiming its bullshit. Typical tactics, threaten then deny.

But then again, now he admits it!!!
    If I can't jump to the front of the batting order I'm taking my bat and going home...so there!

[​IMG]

How to draw Joe Manchin

[​IMG]

erofant, scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. erofant

erofant Members

We DO HAVE 2 parties ........ the really, REALLY haves .......... and the struggling have nots. Forget all the other political name tags ....... this is the reality.

scratcho likes this.
  11. erofant

erofant Members

Maybe the American people ......... the ones who JUST DON'T GET IT AT ALL ........ really ENJOY paying taxes to finance the roads, bridges, airports, the power grid, the underground water, sewer, gas, and phone / data lines, and pay for the salaries of the politicians who enact the very laws that put that tax burden on THEIR backs while lifting the tax burdens OFF the backs of the multi-millionaires, and multi- billionaires. It's recently been revealed that many of the super-rich and big corporations have paid no taxes for the last 5 years - courtesy of the T**** / REPUBLICAN PARTY tax "overhaul". The majority of Americans - including "regular" Republican folks - are paying for the very infrastructure that those obscenely rich people use to conduct their business. We SUBSIDIZE ( fancy word for "pay for" ) their infrastructure needs. How's THAT for having rusty wire brushes shoved up your asses?????????

How do any of those "regular" Republican folks out there LOVE THAT FACT???

And now Manchin and Sinema are joining with their REPUBLICAN colleagues to fight against the ultra-rich having to pay their share of taxes, against moving FORWARD on our future cleaner/greener energy supplies, and against having our U.S. infrastructure repaired / upgraded / modernized.

What magnificent S-L-U-G-S they are. The S-L-O-W cars at the front of the passing lane .......... holding up everyone who wants to MOVE FORWARD at a faster pace.

scratcho likes this.
  12. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Elections have consequences. Bernie was never going to get elected. We got President Biden, a compromise. Did Democrats count up the votes prior to cooking up the massive Build back better?
    Republicans did remove the massive subsidy that was full RE tax write off for the rich.

I'm thinking that there is a second, smaller, Physical Infrastructure bill pending also; it is being held back by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, not by Republicans.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  13. wooleeheron

It ain't my revolution if you can't dance to it, and it ain't my kind of party when they storm the palace with knives and pitchforks. Anyone who tells you the insane have not always run the asylum, needs a better shrink. Fundamentalism fits all the criteria for a mental disease, but there's no money in proscribing a new religion to anyone, and no money in calling half the damned country compulsive liars who are living in their own Private Idaho.

A democracy of "We the Insane, in order to create a more dysfunctional society..." Any academics who claim they know a damned thing, need to argue with the Wall Street lawyers and the Pentagon about the definition of reality.

14. erofant

erofant Members

The smaller infrastructure package is being touted by THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.

Given the ENORMOUS SCOPE of crumbling infrastructure in this country, we DO NOT need a smaller infrastructure package. Infrastructure needs have been kicked down the road long enough. Repairs and upgrades only get MORE EXPENSIVE as time goes on. How many power outages, water main leaks, gas line leaks / explosions, sewer line leaks, water treatment failures do we need to endure before THE REPUBLICAN PARTY joins the rest of the country and realizes the scope of the needs????? How long do we want to keep lead in our municipal drinking water supplies?????

I know what I'm talking about because this is my "back yard" - my area of career expertise. I've been fully employed in power grid / data grid infrastructure for over 40 years. You cannot BS me on infrastructure.

There is AUDIO/VIDEO tape of a State of the Union address Obama made to Congress where he said we should put some money toward our crumbling infrastructure and create good-paying jobs right here in the U.S. The cameras showed NOT ONE REPUBLICAN applauded what he suggested - let alone give Obama a standing ovation. Then-REPUBLICAN LEADER Paul Ryan sat there with his legs crossed, looking off to the side - not reacting in any way.
    Then - THEN .......... when T**** was addressing a joint session of Congress for a State of the Union address, T**** used the very same words as Obama had uttered - almost 100% verbatim, like he plagiarized Obama's speech. The cameras showed now-Speaker of the House Paul Ryan immediately standing up to lead a REPUBLICAN standing ovation for what T**** had copied from Obama's own speech.

Whether you want to believe it or not ....... that's the BOOK DEFINTION of HYPOCRISY. Obama says "X" ...... and he's a no-good asshole, deserving of NO SUPPORT. T**** then says "X" ...... and he's a wonderful, caring-for-America "patriot."

That's about as two-faced as anyone can be. And it's ALL RECORDED ON AUDIO / VIDEO TAPE FOR 100% UNDENIABLE PROOF. REPUBLICAN-LED DELAYS ...... DELAYS ...... DELAYS ...... DELAYS ...... BLOCKAGES ....... BLOCKAGES ........ BLOCKAGES ........ BLOCKAGES .......

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I couldn't disagree more. The "guy at top" is at the top cuz he was perceived as a moderate. The "progressive" alternatives didn't have the votes. But a big chunk of the electorate still (unreasonably) questions the legitimacy of the election. He was unable to carry a majority of his party to Congress. As a result, the Dems in Congress hang on by the slenderest of margins. He has since become more progressive than most people (including me) expected. In addition to the infrastructure bill on which there is bipartisan agreement, which would be impressive enough, he backs an ambitious progressive "social safety net" agenda not seen since FDR. And Progressives have managed to yoke the two together in an All or Nothing package. Biden's support in the polls has been dropping. His approval stands at 43.4% because of things like his "awful" mask ordinance to deal with the idiots who refuse to take reasonable measures to protect themselves and others from a pandemic, inflation (caused largely by Covid), and immigration worries. Also, the withdrawal from our twenty-year war in Afghanistan, which cost the lives of over 2300 U.S. military personnel and an economic cost of 2.300 U.S armed forces and $2.26 trillion. But, but, but... we only evacuated 122 thousand people, and some were killed in the process--all Progressives and Trumpsters could think about. But the big problem for Joe is his inability to get his ambitious programs through Congress, and the realistic perception that his party is in disarray. Manchin and Sinema won't budge and are holding all the cards. Their intransigent counterparts among Progressives seem to have joined them in a high schoolish game of "chicken". If Biden fails, the Retrumplicans will probably retake Congress in 2022. And there's a real chance of a Trump win and fascist dictatorship in 2024. Instead of Stars of David, Progressive Dems should then be made to wear dunce caps!

And what is the Progressive response? Criticize him for not going "full bore". Hold out for perfection, which we can reasonably expect to arrive at the Second Coming or when Hell freezes over, whichever is sooner. Heaven forefend that we compromise. Bernie is happy for Medicare coverage of hearing aids in the bill, but is upset that we can't cover eyeglasses and dental care as well. Maybe next time, Bernie, when Progressives bring you to the Oval Office in a landslide and give Democrats control of both houses of Congress! (in your dreams). Bismarck knew what he was talking about when he defined politics as "the art of the possible."

This leaves voters with the proverbial choice between "a rock and a hard place", as we Okies say, or "between Scylla and Charybdis" as the intelligentsia might put it, or between two evils, in common parlance. Be careful what you wish for. Americans who have "had enough stagnation" may opt for the Donald. That should liven things up!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  16. MeAgain

The real problem is that the Republicans will block anything, anything, from getting done. No matter what the Democrats introduce the Republicans will fight it, and the two idiot Democrats (you know who I'm talking about) won't negotiate with the other Democrats becasue they have to have their own way, like a couple of two year olds.

17. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

So true, but something's got to give, or the Dems lose the game. At the moment, it seems the Progressives are the holdouts. And they have much, much more to lose if the bill doesn't pass! That's the nature of their bargaining position.
    ‘Hell No’: House Progressives Resist Push For Quick Infrastructure Vote
    Progressives Have to Lose for Democrats to Win on Biden Agenda

erofant and Tyrsonswood like this.
  18. wooleeheron

Donald Duck is still demanding to be made emperor of the world, and half the damned country likes the guy. Democrats need a new fucking plan altogether, if they're counting on progressives to save them from Donald Duck.

19. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I think the plan on the table is the best hope they've got--to convince the country they can deliver on something.

20. MeAgain

Yes but the fact remains that if two or three Republicans had any conscience at all we wouldn't need all the Dems to agree. No republican votes at all?

Tyrsonswood and scratcho like this.