2 months & 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by lucyinthesky, Apr 16, 2007.

1. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

Holy crap I'm obsessed with my dreads. i can't believe how well they are coming along in such little time.

i have gotten over my "not wanting to work on them" hump. I realized that if i palm roll at least the first 4 inches from the root down, they don't all grow together. they now really look and feel amazing.

here are some photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they really need BEADS!!!
    Does anyone want to donate some sweet beads to my head? It would really appreciate it...hehe

2. lucyinthesky

3. benotfree

benotfree Member

If you PM me ur addy I'll gladly send you a bead!

4. FairyKissed

FairyKissed Member

Wow! Those are beautiful for only two months!! I have had mine for five and my are not anywhere near as good. What method did you use to start them and what do you do as far as maintnence?

5. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

yours look amazing!

i love blond dreads :) have you started wearing them uncovered out in the open yet? if not, i think you definitly should.

6. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

you and the dreads are both looking beautiful :) I'm interested to know how you started them, as well.

7. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

freakin' beautiful lucy.... i would also love to send you a bead, if i had your address ;D

8. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Lucy, you (and your dreads) are just uber-cute. ;)

9. lucyinthesky

thanks for all the compliments. I have started wearing them down recently...i mostly just get weird looks though haha.

my best friend did them for me. It's hard to explain how he did them....he didn't backcomb, he just teased my hair with his hands and pulled it and rolled it. I couldn't really see what he was doing but it hurt a lot and took a really long time. They were really huge and stood straight up by the time he was done. I didn't think i'd ever have normal dreads. I see all these people with dreads that are like 4 days old and they're hang nicely and i think "what the hell?!?" Mine stayed straight up for over a month. i couldn't do anything but wear a bandana or a tuque!

I never used wax, i palm roll only about the first 4 inches from the root to avoid them growing together and i was about every 4-5 days (or as long as i can stand the itchy) with dr bronners.

10. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

^^I've done that a couple times for impatient friends who didn't want to just use neglect. :) Same sort of effect as backcombing, but without as much damage or breakage. And without getting them too tight, since backcombing too tightly can be a big problem too. I called it "Jacking" their hair, since to any outsider, especially just seeing my hand and arm movements, what I was doing would have looked very very dirty.[​IMG]

11. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

Werent you the one with the problem or some shit? If so, there is no problem because those are literally *excuse me* the best fucking 2 month dreads I've seen you should be proud at what they look like....

12. lucyinthesky

What i was dealing with wasn't really something visible at the time....it was just how it felt, very uncomfortable....not hanging nicely, always pulling. Having 6 dreads trying to morph into one at 5 different placed on my head wasn't lovely feeling. But i managed to get them all apart and now im working on the roots regularily, so now they look AND feel great.

and hummblebee you are right, that's exactly why my friend did what he did....i was trying to go "natural" but everything was just one big clump...we were bored one day, so he did one.....and when i actually saw him holding up a REAL DREAD i said "fuck this, let's do my whole head!!!!!" and voila :)

13. maereo

maereo Member

im glad u finally realized how cute ur dreads are lucy.

and may i add:
    i told u so! =P

14. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

WOW! i think i hate you ;) stupid perfect dreads. mine are almost 2 months and look and feel like crap. i should take a pic. you will appreciate yours ten times more!

15. erizoe

erizoe Member

I think I love you =)

haha looking great! you are an inspiration =D

16. toothfairy

toothfairy Member

Lucy, they are looking gorgeous. Seeing hair like yours at such a young age makes me kinda regret going neglect. Get out there and show them to the world.

17. Slang

Slang Banned

Absolutely gorgeous dreads! :D
    We have the same color :p I wish my hair was a thicker like yours though

18. lucyinthesky

you are crazy! I love your dreads! I like the thinner ones the best. I can't wait till they get longer like yours and hang nicely!

Thank you guys so much for the compliments, they make me excited. It's nice to have people to get pumped about my dreads with because people without them just don't appreciate the experience like we do :) :)

And toothfairy don't worry! Yours are SUPER CUTE! Imagine how great they will be in another year! I wish i would have had the patience for the neglect process.....but i was just too excited to start.

19. colorfulhippie

colorfulhippie Member