1st Post!

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Harmonys_Decade, May 8, 2004.

1. Harmonys_Decade

Harmonys_Decade Guest

2. *Anne85*

*Anne85* Member

I get de-ja-vu all the time! I dont know if it means anything though...

3. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I used to get it a lot when I was younger, but not so much now.

Wait...haven't I been here before...hmm...

4. vanilla

vanilla Member

I get deja vus alot.. Sometimes it would be the same one. Wonder if there is a greater meaning to it...? Especially after seeing 'The Butterfly Effect'. haha... not that I want something as elaborate as that though. Don't think I can handle that.

5. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

de javu is just a glitch in the matrix :)

6. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Yup, and when you see one, it means your about to move to Texas.

7. #fRaG!Le.prometheus

#fRaG!Le.prometheus Member

when i was young i was totally convinced i was a knight and this was my second life...i still have some strange pictures in my mind....but i mushroom when i was 1 year old and my father was a heavy mj smoker...so whatever...
    and, Yeah! i do have deja vu's sometimes...
    but another thing: -i was walking trough a subway station...
    -there's this woman standing on the "moving stairs" dunno...i'm german ;) going down
    -i look at my feet...
    -i look up again...
    -the "moving stairs" carry the woman up again... HUH!?!?
    -we have one for up and one for down...they don't just change directions, at least not, when there is a person on it!
    -explain this, heh! :D

----> i didn't take drugs before i saw this happen....

8. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

I have heard that de-ja-vu is related to brain signals moving at the "incorrect speed" or something. Apparently de-ja-vu happens when your brain registers a certain stimulus as memory slightly before you consciously cognize that stimulus. Normaly this sequence should go the other way around, i.e., cognition before re-cognition.

9. primevel_jm_livid

primevel_jm_livid Member

hey YesYESYES.. thats the exact thing i was thinking.. do you know where/ who that theory came from? THink its kinda FunKY

10. vanilla

vanilla Member

oh.. neat! Now I know that my brain is officially messed up.

11. migle

migle Senior Member

so run man, agents are coming

12. bertrose

bertrose Member

Professor... thats brilliant! Actually it actually does make sense! U think u already saw something but really u did..like a fraction of a second ago when it in ur memory before u saw it...! WOW!! i feel smarter already!

13. Velouria

Velouria Member

Cool theory, I experience deja-vu all the time.

14. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

I knew you would say this.

15. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

This is of course only my brief and inadequate description of one theory amoung many. It certainly seems to be one of the more sensible and believable theories, and is IMO the best that I have found. Others range from the more mundane such as sub-conscious wish fullfillment fantasies, wrong headed of course but mundane nonetheless. To the completely fantastic such as contact with space alien tachyon beams.

To find more neat theories on the subject do a google search for deja-vu + neurology or deja-vu + brain.

16. *Anne85*

*Anne85* Member

haha...i used to get de-ja-vu a lot, then i moved to texas last year....

17. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

I have them most of the time...its weird tho because somtimes i feel like i have them twice but not in the same day...ahh dat didnt make sense...but like i hvae it once and maybe the next day it happens the same...yea well later...

18. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

Yeah i experience deja vu alot..its so cool and weird. everytime i get it i always yell out 'whoaaaaaaaaaaa!' like automatic haha. but i don't want to think there is some scientific reason behind it, i just like to think that its weird. sometimes when something happens to me, or i'm in a certain place, and i knew it happened before, like in a dream!

this one dude told me that suposely how life is, that we live the same life over and over again. like we live our life, and then we somehow start back again and keep going over and over and over. and so when we have deja vu, its jsut a flash back from what happened before that REALLY did happen before, because supsoely what we are doing now, we have done thousands of times before...haha i don't beileve that, but pretty trippy to think about..

19. kayahaze

kayahaze Member

I ALWAYS get de ja vus. i always think that i dreamed something before. One time i really did dream that i was sitting on a bench in a place that i'd never been before and i had to run from the cops, then a couple weeks later i visited that same bench that i saw in my dream!!! it was soo messed.

20. Eiko-

Eiko- Member

Yeah jumbo i reckon that you're completely right i have heard this theory before and when i read the first few posts i was sayin to myself "I know a great theory and am gonna blow everybody away with my intelligence" but then i read ur post and felt great despair. So anyway the optic nerves at the back of the human eyes are connected to different parts of the cerebellum in the brain, so a minor stroke in one side of the brain (the average human has 5 strokes a day, fucked up or what!?) can slow the rate of information gathered, and the normally functioning side has already recieved the image and stored it as a memory! Brilliant!

With sexy results...