$19,000 and ready to drop out

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by lonewolf70, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Wow man...cool site!

2. TokeTrip

TokeTrip Senior Member

Just a quick fyi, drop out (from timothy leary) generally means stop using drugs, after you've learned all you can by tuning in.

3. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

It takes money to make money, find somthing you can do well and set urself up to support yourself, cash jobs are easy I pull a grand a week no questions asked and in some places a 1099 is a seldom sent item for most you just need to find a place to do so. And remember a day sitting is a day lost ive worked rainy day jobs for 55 bucks a day but still keep in mind a day waisted is money lost.
    You can drop out of the system very easily if you have a partner its so so much easier than doing it all alone, keep in mind its bro`s before hoe`s never trust or tell a female all it will be the end of your simple happy life. Good luck!

I must add on that a female partner is great and would be great but use ur head and trust no one but yourself to a point. Just look through history and see the downfall of many great men and nations in which a female was the motivation behind it.

4. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

how in the fuck do people read into this post that this dood just wants a new job?

From what i read it implies he wants NO job...

So why do people keep shovin sedintary lifestyles in babylon ideas on him??

but thats just another opinion from a uneducated hippie.. ;)

5. Selfsustaingsociety

Selfsustaingsociety Member

Living within society i think you could last about 2-3 years with 19,000. without society about 10ish, always depending on lifestyle...

6. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

Well I dont understand how one can have no job and still maintain any quality of life without sucking off the government or others, even work for food is still a job and work. Only a thief or con artist can do nothing, zero, zip and still survive and but then again if one was a thief or con artist it would still require some work thought and effort.

7. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

with 19,000 dollarrs one can spend quite a long time outta babylon ,,in tune with mother earth..

is it so inconceivable to some of you's minds eye as to think one cant just walk away from it all for a few years to reevalute there exsistance??

i see no reason to assume that everyone on the road without a job is a theif,conartist,mooch or on the goverment dole, or will soon wind up that way..

what you must understand is that your idea of "quality of life",surley isnt everyones..

because you choose to participate and live in babylon with all its trinkets in no way means that everyone considers that a "quality life"...

an im here to say even stayin here with all the bills we have,,cut the power off,and the net an phone,,19,000 dollarrs would last us 2 years payin a mortgage the trailer payment an taxes,,an what food we needed..

i dont see why when someone posts something in "camping an outdoor livin "one could find a way to assume this person is plannin on travelin from city to city to get his mickey D's fix...

I guess to each his own,, some folks idea of droppin out is not payin federal income tax,but still bein engulfed in babylon,an some folks idea of droppin out is doin just that,disapperin from all that babylon has to offer and finding themselves with mother natures help ..

then theres folks like me an dilli who are somewhere in between..

luv n lite...

8. FeelinGroovy

FeelinGroovy opposable thumb

I've heard some suggest that what you want to do is selfish. Mooching from from others, because you are too lazy to hold a job. Some would suggest that if you are not somehow contrubuting to society then you are a detriment to society.

Yes, you worked for what you have ($19,000) but when it is gone then what? Before you go and blow the life that you do have, what is keeping you from trying out your new lifestyle during summer break from teaching? It sounds to me like you just need to get out and away and do a lot of thinking about your life, prioritizing and figuring out what you really want to do with the rest of your life (soul searching). I think a temporary escape would be great for this.

Maybe you are just depressed right now stemming from your divorce. What happens when you spend all of your $ and then realize that dropping out is really not what makes you happy. It could be very hard to get back into a working lifestyle again. i think someone had a good poing of stashing that money and trying to get by by spending zero of that money and keeping it as a backup in an emergency or incase you want to return to a regular working life.

9. wideyed

wideyed Member

ya id say stash 10 000, then set yourself a strict daily/weekly cash limit. like 2 tanks of gas per month (or whatever), and 5$ a day for food. see how far you get, then re evaluate. get off the chocolate bars and coffees, they will murder your cash supply. STRICT!

stay here and there a week or two at a time so you dont pour your money all into the gas tank, or park the truck entirely ( but a truck with a camper is more comfy than a tent in the rain).

hit up the second hand bookstores for cheap entertainment.

if you get to canada, your bucks will go that much further also, and i'd bet that its a lot easier to dissapear here since the pop. density is so low comparatively. but a truck in the winter... better come up here the last week of may or so.

anyway good luck, i hope you learn alot on your trip, talk to lots of people along the way.

10. hippie_1986

hippie_1986 Member

THATS GREAT!
    GOOD FOR YOU:)