17 and pregnant

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Peace Attack, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

I just took a pregnancy test and got 2 lines. the father isnt anwsering my calls right now.I was scared so i informed him via text message (bad idea). I'm kinda freaking out right now...how will i tell my parents?!!? i need support right now.

2. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Congratulations! I mean that!

Children are a blessing, please remember that.

First, you need to sit down and calm yourself down. Relax and take some deep breaths. Get your mind under control. Once you've done that, talk to your parents. Calmly...maybe over dinner. Explain to them what you want to do...i.e. keep the baby, put it up for adoption. And ask them for their support.

And start take some folic acid. The little baby-in-waiting is going to need that to be healthy.

3. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

congrats hun. I was first pregnant at 17 too and I remember how scary that was. The number one thing though is that you just swallow your fears and tell your parents. I didn't talk to my mom until I was 7 months pregnant... that was a huge shock for her to find it out but to know she would be a grandmom in 2 months instead of 9. Sit them down, maybe even write a note if you can't possibly bring yourself to do it. I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to. Just don't hide it from them, you need somebody there for you if the father isn't going to be. Pregnancy makes you very emotional and very happy at times, its a roller coaster of feelings and you need to have as much backing as you can being so young and a first time mother. Good luck!
    btw do you know what you want to do?

4. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

OK so i got in touch with the father. My boyfriend who im very much in love with and we've been together for 8 months, hes 19. he is being very sweet and supportive.

I'm going to keep it. I wasnt careful last month and now i must be responsable for my actions. I already feel attached to this little thing inside me. I've always planned on starting a family and so what if it's a little early. the hardest part will be telling my mom.

5. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

Oh and thanks you guys i needed those very nice commets

6. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Keep us posted on your bundle of joy!

7. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

congrats. :)

8. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

congrats! Just please make my job easier and raise your child right. Us teachers fear bad parents. Babies are great though! Oh, and don't eat fish! Mercury in fish is the leading cause of autism.

9. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Congratulations.
    I thought telling my mom would be the worst thing in the world....but I was alone with her early one morning and I hadn't slept that night because it bothered me that I was hiding that I thought I was pregnant (well, I knew as I'd already taken the test, but was in denial). I was just like....Mom....I think you may be a grandma. She looked at me and give me a funny look. We sat in silence for about 2 minutes and she looked at me and got up and hugged me.
    I'm glad I told her, she's been my rock to lean on through this thing (as my boyfriend was a big ass in the beginning but finally come around). She's given me advice about what she knew. And, what she didn't know or experience, the ladies here helped me with.
    Again, congratulations and the best of luck to you, your boyfriend and your little baby. :D

10. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

Congratulations! I found out I was pregnant when I was nineteen, and it was a shock for me, my fiance, and our families. And it was the hardest thing to do, telling my mother. And she was upset. Cried and cursed. But then she called me right back and said, "Remember to take your folic acid. I want my grandbaby to be healthy!" And everything was fine afterwards.

And now, our new bundle of joy is one of the most loved children I've ever seen. I'm almost jealous that my childhood wasn't full of as much love. But I'm truly happy to offer her what I couldn't have.

And stop on by the parenting forum! We love to spread knowledge and baby pictures. :)

11. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Congrats and good luck :)

12. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Blessing, child. Take care of yourself, and see a good doctor or midwife very soon.

13. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

congrats on the baby news! :D
    I found out that I was pregnant when I was 18, and my man stuck right by me and now we're a happy little family.
    I was sooooooooo scared to tell my mom, too. I had awful morning sickness...that lasted all day....and the thought of telling her was making it even worse. By the 3rd month, I finally sucked it up and phoned her...her finace happened to answer the phone, though, and told me that she was at work.
    I don't know why, but he started to ask what was up and I said, "well, something..." he asked if Cody and i had gotten engaged or elpoed, I said no....asked if I got into a car accident again....I said no.....asked if I was pregnant, I said "kinda."
    He went to my mom's work and told her to come outside and have a smoke. When she got outside, he said, "so grandma..." and she started to cry and cry. She called me a couple hours later and sounded pretty emotional, but worn out at the same time. Although, she came around pretty quickly and started buying baby clothes a couple weeks later, lol.
    It's really intimidating to tell your parents, but honestly, you can't hide it, so you minus well just suck it up and get it done asap. You need as much support around you as you can get through all this, and if there's issues that they need to deal with, better that they do it in the beginning of the pregnancy then waiting until you're almost due and having to drop all of it on them at once.
    Keep us updated!!! And yeah, like hippyfreek said, come by the parenting forum, it's great over there! Lots of good advice and other pregnant mamas!

14. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

Awwwww congrats - im sure your mum wont be as bad as you think
    Everything happens for a reason i believe xxx

15. nightwriter

nightwriter Member

Good luck. Life isn't always easy, but you are not alone. In case your mom is not supportive (or needs some time before she can be), try to have a place to stay. My hope is that she sheds some tears and gives you a big hug and becomes a pillar of support for you.

16. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

the way i told my mom was awful

i came in from the dr's and didn't even say i, i just said "um....do i look different to you????"
    -"no, why?"
    "UMMM cuz im 3 weeks pregnant!!??"

i had to be blunt because i would have pussy footed around it for days if i hadn't. anyways, congrats and good luck.

17. RyvreWillow

RyvreWillow Member

i was 17 when i was pregnant with my first baby too. Telling my parents was the WORST. Do just come out and say it though, it feels much better after. My mom was really, really mad, but she pretty much got over it that same day. And when my son was born...wow, my mom was instantly transformed into Nana, and has never looked back :)

18. lisaxsunshine

lisaxsunshine Member

I'm fourteen and pregnant.
    About the parents thing, try
    http://www.yppo.com/tellparentspregnant.html
    or
    http://www.babyart.org/teen/your-teen-is-having-a-baby.html

the second one, i'd print and give to your parents. might help.
    good luck<3

19. ilario

ilario Member

peace attack, you gotta tell your parents especially your mum. i assure you she'll understand you at this point. she'll definitely get mad (who wouldnt) but try to understand that its a natural reaction from a mum who has her daughter pregnant by 17!

be strong.

20. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

My boyfriend's best friend became a daddy a year ago this August to a beautiful baby boy named Cristopher Ray. Sean is now 21 years old, his wife is 22, but they weren't married or even living together when they found out. Their parents were extremely supportive and the night that baby was born, the whole family was there (including me and my boyfriend). Now it's the cutest thing in the world to watch Sean's mom with Cris. She loves that kid so much. I just thought I'd tell you that story to brighten your spirits. Keep us informed! I'd like to know how everything goes. Have you told your parents yet? Have you been to a doctor yet for a blood test? Hehe, sorry, I just get really excited when someone announces they're going to be a mommy on here!