160 years old..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mvmcd1950, Sep 22, 2013.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

beat me to it

2. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Member

I think it's normal that some jump to conclusions as that's what the human mind tends to do, though it's one of those things that until such time evidence is procured and put forth to show that he is 160, we'll never know whether it's true or not.

Hopefully they dig deep and at least try to find something, as to either prove it's true or disprove it, just so it's all sorted.

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

With modern technology it seems like there would be an easy way to surgically open him up and count the rings.

4. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

My friend's grandmother thought she was Anastasia Romanov, but that didn't make it so.

Old people say the darndest things.

5. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

yeah really i was thinking the same thing. Or at least they could subtract the ages of his children and get a ballpark figure.

6. roamy

roamy Senior Member

ya, they'll find a way hopefully. i like your open mindedness.:2thumbsup:

7. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Member

I think like anything, jumping to a conclusion is the easiest thing to do, especially when a lack of evidence is presented to suggest it is the truth.

It's just about the right procedures taking place to determine whether or not he is in fact telling the truth.

8. mvmcd1950

mvmcd1950 mvmcd1950

we're required by law (in uk) to register a birth within six weeks, but no such requirement existed for the birth of our ethiopian friend.. what's a few years, even if he's ten years out? Some elderly people get clearer & sharper in their old age, but 'the past is a foreign country' & may seem dulally to anyone who hasn't lived through it..

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They should make a tv show about it :2thumbsup:

10. roamy

roamy Senior Member

what about hypnosis ?they could ask him questions bout 160yrs of memories.

11. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Member

I guess to justify the validity of his claims, that would fall under the branch of researching and putting his knowledge to the test.

Would give a decent background into just how much he knows & is aware of.

12. broony

broony Banned

remember that one time, at band camp..

I had sex with a 160 year old, she dropped dead, and I got everything in her garage..

13. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Jeopardy trivia.

A. 160 years old

Q. What is the average age of a death row inmate in the U.S. when he is finally executed?

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

150 is a nice round number for someone who eats a perfectly healthy diet, is able to explore and create to their heart's content, and is able to spend their entire live in a completely stress free environment. 160 is streatching it a bit. if 150 were average, 160 would probably fall withing a normal curve.

but of course none of us, on planet earth today, and probably no one in the history of the human species, has been able to live such a perfect live as to make this claim easily believed.

its not completely outside of the range of possibility, just really really really unlikely (today).

a day when this will be possible, even probable, for everyone, could come about. it is not beyond human capacity, to create such a world in which this would be possible, even probable. just not as long as there are ideological barriers to creating, for everyone, such a world.

15. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Does it happen to be a Chinese man who ate nothing but Goji berries? If not then I know someone else who also lived to almost 250 years old o_O

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

160... Pfft, Kidstuff...

17. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Must be a different one, since the women I talk about also eats some other things.