14 Yr Old Put In Choke Hold By Miami Police For "Dehumanizing Stares"

Discussion in 'People' started by Aerianne, May 31, 2013.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Jumping on cops will get you arrested or even shot if you're messing with a trigger happy cop. I don't really think there is much any bystanders could do.

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

as much as there is every apparent reason to despise the way the police behaved here, not intervening was the right call. there are cases where there is a clear ethical choice that a group fails to make. this is not such a case

1. a bystander could not possibly know all of the relevant background information about why the kid was taken down

2. the kid was getting roughed up, but was not in jeopardy of life and limb

3. intervening might have created chaos and an even more extreme reaction from the cops or the crowd. the kid, one of the cops, or a bystander could have been seriously hurt or killed

4. intervening would likely have lead to a criminal conviction in a situation that was troubling, but not dire.

3. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

:iagree:

It would have been a different situation, if those two man weren't police officers/in a position of authority.
    I hope mother and son take legal action and win.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

and I will add that if someone or the mother were to attempt to intervene, it would make proving the cops were guilty of misconduct much, much harder. As it is the only assholes on that video are the cops.

The crowd did what it should have, you can clearly hear people asking why it was happening, telling the cops to ease up, etc, etc,.
    All that just makes the case against the police more solid.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

if it was/is a private security guard. by all mean, kick them in the teeth..

or nuts..

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I tell ya,cops are so outta control ITS SICK AND DISGUSTING!!!!!

THE MOTHER SHOULD SUE FOR EVERY PENNY!!!!!!

Poor boy :(

7. indydude

indydude Senior Member

I heard he was holding a puppy the whole time and the dog got hurt. Wow. Cops beating up a black kid holding a puppy. i want to see the video. Surprised the cops didnt take the camera.

8. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

[​IMG]

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Disgusting.

Yea, seriously fuck the police. I have to watch myself w my 2 yr old.. the other day I said to him "oh look there's a pig over there" and pointed to the cop car and he started cracking up laughing so I kept saying it and he thought it was hilarious and we were making piggy noises n such... but yea anyways...
    back, many yrs ago I had some asshole cops totally use too much force with me... they asked me to leave somewhere and I left right away. they told me to get in the car and I asked if I was being arrested or just talked to. they started yelling saying they don't have to tell me shit and I need to do what they say and "stop resisting" and I said I just wanted to know if I was being arrested or not and for what...
    at that point I ended up on the ground w about 7 male cops holding me down... had marks all up and down my arms. ended up pepper sprayed numerous times and in the back of a cop car... where I was kicking the door (lol) and getting pepper sprayed again (not lol!)... they ended up trying to get me a felony assault on a police officer charge for kicking one of them in the balls. (which may or may not have happened when I was pretty much being attacked on the ground)... regardless, I got bailed outta jail after 22 hrs and got a half decent lawyer who took one look at the story and the amount of force used on me, etc. -and (he) was totally disgusted that it took "7 male cops to subdue one female who wasn't even fighting" and... the charge ended up being dropped without me ever having to see a judge. I only wish I woulda tried to sue the police dept.

there's cops all the time around here being investigated for brutality.

Oh. In any case, there was a point to my story and that is that I learned from that to just do whate the police say to do, don't ask questions, don't...anything. Because they can and will do what they want and it'll often be fucked up. And then talk to a lawyer afterwards. (not that I speak to the police anymore- hell no.)

10. Bouga

Bouga Member

I grew up believing cops were the good guys, but as I've grown I've noticed there are so many corrupt cops that it is quite sickening. I once made someone cry with a dirty look (it was pretty justified and should have been more than a look but a phone call to the police) but I didn't have every bone in my body broken. Seems people, especially cops, are bit over sensitive and power hungry these days...

11. Michael Starless

Michael Starless Member

This is why I'm scared of police men

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Policemen generally like me. I can get along with men who others cannot because they are grumpy, grouchy and mean.

If you're ever up against some strict authoritarian-type male, you'll want me along.

13. bosnian420

bosnian420 Member

police men are nothing the average citizen should be trusted more in the court of law and all you have to tell them you never got your rights read works everytime

14. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Clearly there is more here than meets the eye. Also there is a lot of history here with Memorial Day in Miami Beach that you guys may not be aware of.

Let me start by telling you all what Memorial Day Weekend means for locals here on the beach in Miami. MDW is a time when locals flee, normal black citizens fear, & has become quite the controversy here in Miami. The crowd that visits trashes our beaches & streets, increases violence & crime, & brings a very unwanted, aggressive vibe. Its come to be known as 'Urban Beach Week' & locals have gone to extremes to stop it.

Yes these patrons are black, but even my close black friends in the city leave because they don't want to be a part of or be mistaken for the type that fill our city on this particular weekend. As a long time resident of Miami Beach, I must tell you all this is a very frightening time for all of us locals. This year a man pulled a gun on me in Walgreens for politely telling him that it was one line to the registers, not several.

Our police must be on guard for the weekend, they simply MUST. Trust me when I tell you the police here are usually very lax... No matter your race, religion, height, weight, sexual preference, etc. Honestly my guess is, there was nothing peaceful or innocent about this situation. And on top of everything, why the hell did these ppl have a puppy out on Haulover Beach... Right there is a blatant violation of a rule that is posted everywhere. All I'm saying is, I guarantee there is MORE to the story here. Not everyone who comes to our beach on MDW is a bad person or is here to start trouble but the results of the weekend year after year cannot be ignored.

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

^^^ That's some interesting insight.

16. falconer

falconer Member

With incidents like this, as well as the countless dog (and kitten) murders that have been committed by cops recently, it just goes to show a couple of things...

...either these stories have been blown out of proportion for one reason or another (anti-cop hate, possible lawsuits, etc), or this country is full of a bunch of pansies. I know more people than i could list that have no problem with saving a kid or animal from unlawful cops. If only more folks were like the ones i know... we'd have had a revolution years ago.

17. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I do not know the facts not all of them so I can not make an impartial decision, but if it is as it says then I say the boy needs to sue for police brutality. Here the cops know to play nice because they are afraid to get sued

18. MSRosetti

MSRosetti Member

Hmmm and I thought "ocular rape" is a thing of the past. Now it's ocular assault. Same difference.

19. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I got the ocular reference. lol with your eyes.

20. Reducted

Reducted Member

There is another point here, that maybe children need to be taught how and when to maintain a poker face. Times are changing.