13 pesticides in body of average American

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, May 26, 2004.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

who cares about the pesticides? these preservatives are making my skin look AWESOME!! my kidneys and liver are perfectly preserved!

2. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

booshnoogs, i like you. i really do. but that just wasn't a very intelligent or well-thought out response.

there are many safe alternatives that do not pollute the earth and poison people and wildlife. do you honestly believe that organic farmers just allow rats and bugs to eat their crops unchecked? the organic farm where i have a CSA share has many ways of controlling pests without poisons.

poisons have not eliminated pests, or even effectively controlled them. however, they have contributed to pollution, illness and environmental damage all over the world, not to mention giving rise to new varieties of insects that have immunities or tolerances for commonly used pesticides, thus creating the "need" for the creation of newer and deadlier pesticides. people have been using natural, safe means of pest control for tens of thousands of years.

many people have thought about the alternatives, and are actively using them. i've thought about the alterntives a great deal: i have a sensitivity to chemicals in the toluene/formaldehyde group that are commonly used in pesticides. i have gotten very ill from pesticide exposure. i'll take the alternatives any day of the week.

besides, if all those poisons really eliminated pests there'd be less people thinking like you running around. (that was a joke, boosh, so don't flame me.)

3. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Quote: booshnoogs, i like you. i really do. but that just wasn't a very intelligent or well-thought out response.

HAHA, you took booshnoog's respnse seriously, you thought he was really worried about rats tunning around inside of him!

Anyway, we are all radioactive to begin with. When scientists find a skeleton, they can tell whether the person lived before or after the early 40's. Anything aalive after that time period has a slight radioactive charge to it.

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

reverse osmosis systems take out everything, but they're expensive, and i think that you have to do some plumbing to install them.

the tap mounted pur water filter is supposed to be the best carbon filter you can get (still doesnt remove those bitty little flouride molecules though). the pitcher style filters are made out of polycarbonate--it leaches carcinogens into your water. so get rid of your nalgene bottles and brita pitchers.

back to the pesticide residue thing--i dont think this is about population control. it's too widespread--it targets EVERYONE, not just certain target populations. the uber-elite wouldnt knowingly poison themselves with pesticide residue. this is just plain old human stupidity.

5. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

That was just mean :(

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

it's okay, boosh. some people are just lacking in a sense of humor.

unless her "serious" response was just as sarcastic as your own and we just don't know her sense of humor yet.

7. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

They have filters with special attachments that chemically remove fluoride you can fid o the net that run for around 120$.