12 Reasons To Disregard Christianity & The Bible

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Libertine, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

1-Christianity is based on fear

2-Christianity preys on the innocent

3-Christianity breeds authoritarianism

4-Christianity is anti-intellectual, anti-scientific

5-Christianity produces sexual misery

6-Christianity has an exceedingly narrow, legalistic view of morality

7-The Bible encourages acceptance of real evils while focusing on imaginary evils

8-Christianity is misogynistic

9-Christianity is homophobic

10-The Bible is not a reliable guide to ethics

11-The Bible is riddled with inconsistencies

12-Christianity borrowed its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions

But, no bias, this could go for most religions.

Fairy tale believers Unite!!

2. nitemarehippygirl

nitemarehippygirl Senior Member

a reason to disregard any doctrinal, authoritative religion:

your mind embraces its yuckiness and closes off the rest of the world. you stop questioning, and wondering, and living in plain awareness.
    living becomes "obvious" and you become boring.

3. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

At least religious people are exciting and kill people. You boring secular humanists... you guys would have the dullest lackluster world in the universe if you had the chance. You need to all be librarians in some far off cosmic outpost and let the cool people party.

Anyway, I think all people who don't believe in God should be forced to do whatever I want them to, until they turn to God to relieve them of my awful rule. Well... :p

4. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

14 life is more fun when you actualy live it instead of waiting to live your life till after your dead

5. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Like stupid atheists and agnostics who take all these stupid precautions to protect them against the law. I drive drunk, party hard, wander the city streets at night, all my agnostic/atheist friends are pussys who are afraid of cops.

I walk up to them when I am drunk and shoot the shit. They are always nice to me. Why? Cuz I am not some pussy who doesn't believe in God and needs a lot of laws to comfort them.. so the laws don't apply to me.

Haha, my one friend, he is scared of everything. Pretty sad, his lack of faith. He rejects a lot of people cuz he is so paranoid about his reputation, etc. He get's scared that cops are gonna come about everything. hahaha... pussy ass infidels.. a bunch a pussys, each and every one of them.

6. soaringeagle

lol shows what you know i've slept in sa tent in a crack neighbourhood every cop in my neighbourhood knows me & i call them by theyre 1st names (sometimes theyre fellow cops dont even know who i mean when i say hey have you seen john..who? you know..leitenant johm.. whos that..we have a murphey a kenrik & jameson.well i never remember lasyt names..to me hes just john)
    what exactly are you saying ? laws dont apply to you cause of your faith? the cops wont arrest you when you slam youyr car into a schoolbus?

7. nitemarehippygirl

if kharakov drives drunk and kills a hundred little kiddies,
    god made him do it.

:p

khar, let's hope your philosophy isn't wrong, cause that would be a lot of shit to realize.

p.s. i am so not afraid of dying, i honestly think that when the moment comes that i think "this is it", i will feel so content AND exhilarated at the same time... much the same as you, i'd bet. i'm agnostic, but i do have a kind of faith in existence. that sounds vague, but i can't word it more concretely. sort of, "go with the flow", like yours, but with bonus awareness that i might be the river. :p

8. soaringeagle

amen to that

9. AmyC.

AmyC. Member

Nice. Thank you soaring eagle for being of sound mind.

10. logchopper

logchopper Member

the perfect religion for me would be a religion where it faces reality. i want a religion that realizes we are just pawns on a chess board. i know its been said many times, but its true, we are born, we are suppose to just give up are whole life and if we dont we burn? why would anyone want to do that to innocent people? when i hear that all i can think about is the innocent people in africa or somewhere who have never even heard the name Jesus. what is the deal. i know that if i was god i wouldnt want to do that to innocent people. and if i was allpowered i would use them to help people and not make there life worse. i wouldnt be selfish and make people think about only me. i would try to earn my love from other people by helping them when they need it and then if you are nice and help them enough most natural people would love you anyway, wouldnt they? God supposedly loves everyone, but i know that i love i would not tell them that if they didnt do everything i say i would make them burn for eternity.

11. soaringeagle

15: freedom to find your own personsal truth, your own relationship with all that is without being told this is the way it is so deal with it (& tremble in fear)

12. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

Libertine,

How can hedonism and anarchy be reconciled?

13. nitemarehippygirl

pawns on whose chessboard? you're contradicting yourself - if you have no religion then there is no one definitely owning the world. maybe we are pawns on some God's chessboard, maybe we're pawns on our own chessboard, maybe the "reality" you speak of isn't at all what you percieve it to be. you don't have to hold onto the idea of God if you find it doesn't make sense; you don't have to hold on to anything.

ps. welcome to the forum! :)

peace

14. soaringeagle

i wasnt so sure about the pawns on the chessboard either...meanning you want a religon with a god that maks you do everything you do? like a puppet?
    why have a mind then? wouldnt gods mind be enough to cotrol us all? or maybe i misunderstood the pawns refference

the rest of it tho i agree with

15. logchopper

logchopper Member

my mind kind of went off track after i said that. what i meant was that are moves are already made up for us. exactly what you said, why do we need minds if everything is already made up, gods plan has already decided whether we are going to heaven or hell, so why should we do anything at all? i mean im worried and all, but there isnt much i can do about it. ( this is all under the assumption that its all not a load of crap.)

16. logchopper

logchopper Member

i guess really what i meant was that we all need to just realize whats up.

17. nitemarehippygirl

LOL.... you mean, you know what's up???

:p

18. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

pssssttt...your not supposed to both underline and italicize a word :rolleyes: :p

19. logchopper

logchopper Member

i guess. ive realized that everything is planned already(if the christian faith is true) and im just going to live my life and see what happens and know that whatever happens was what was suppose to, and i believe i will be alot happier than people who spend their life paranoid on whether or not their going to heaven ar hell. dont you agree?

20. nitemarehippygirl

but you did. and you boldified it too!

burrrrrrrrrrrrby.