12 Famous Quotes

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Julio, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Julio

Julio Banned

11) 12 Famous Quotes

*He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding. (King Solomon)

*I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them. (Princess Diana)

*Take heed that no man deceive you. (Jesus Christ)

*I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all - you live in the heart of the beast. (Che Guevara)

*The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month. (Fyodor Dostoevsky)

*Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. (Jesus Christ)

*I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women. (King David)

*Out of chaos, find simplicity, From discord, find harmony. (Bruce Lee)

*Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. (Albert Einstein)

*Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. (Confucius)

*Tune in, turn on & drop out. (Dr. Timothy Leary)

*It doesn't matter how the United States of America or Israel justify their aggressions against the Arab people, but they are killing small children, & Jesus Christ said that "Whosoever shall offend one of these little ones, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." (Julio Salomon)

2. Julio

Julio Banned

*For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him. (Jesus Christ)

*I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens. (Woody Allen)

*You'd better move now with the life of God, or you'll be left behind in the death of this world. (Mo)

*Personally I don't think that size matters, at 55 years of age I have made love to 75 different women in my life, some of them more then once. I don't know if this record is good or bad, but it's the truth. God knows it. (Julio Salomon)

*A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. (Albert Einstein)

*Learn the way but find your own way. (Jackie Chan)

*Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. (Jesus Christ)

*As if you could kill time without injuring eternity. (Henry David Thoreau)

*Sex is an instant cure for depression. It liberates endorphins in the blood flow, creating a state of euphoria & leaving you with a feeling of well being. (JC Bocangel)

*I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour. (The Holy Bible, Song of Solomon)

*On the final runway to the ultimate landing it is necessary to be at peace with the world and within. (Jose Alcazar)

*Even the atomic bomb was an example of unnecessary violence! Japan had already made overtures for peace, but Truman and his cabinet wanted to show the Russians that they had a "master card" of diplomacy to use, so they nuked 2 Japanese cities! As a result, today people in Japan are still dying of radiation! (Mo)

3. Julio

Julio Banned

14) 12 Famous Quotes

*Most men claim to have a big penis, & they consider themselves more manly, more macho. Nobody brags about having a small one, although it is more compact, practical & easier to carry. It gives two or three times more pleasure per square inch, it never produces pain, good for small orifices & perfect for pregnant women. (Julio Salomon)

*Love is more powerful than kicking ass. (Jet Li)

*Hell is empty and all the devils are here. (William Shakespeare)

*Heaven will be a continuation of this life with all of it's pleasures, but only better, because we will have learned to live under the law of love. (Julio Salomon)

*I debase myself for the amusement of total strangers. (Jim Carey)

*To be a hippie you must believe in peace as the way to resolve differences among peoples, ideologies and religions. The way to peace is through love and tolerance. Loving means accepting others as they are, giving them freedom to express themselves and not judging them based on appearances. This is the core of the hippie philosophy.*(Skip Stone)

*How are the mighty fallen, and the weapons of war perished! (King David)

*God made me an Indian. (Chief Sitting Bull)

*Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. (Jesus Christ)

*I'm crazy, but I'm not too crazy. (Jackie Chan)

*You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
    (Desmond Tutu)

*The more bombers, the less room for doves of peace. (Nikita Khrushchev)

4. TiedyeDreams

TiedyeDreams Member

I can dig this thread.

5. Julio

Julio Banned

15) 12 Famous Quotes

*He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. (Chief Priests)

*I like to be a free spirit. Some don't like that, but that's the way I am. (Princess Diana)

*John the Baptist was beheaded more so because of his own self righteousness, rather then because of the righteousness of God. He was accusing King Herod about his private sex life, which should have been of no concern to John. A missionaries job is not to judge, condemn or accuse but to bring hope & mercy in a positive way. Christ never attacked sinners, he only attacked the hypocritical religious leaders. (Julio Salomon)

*It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
    (God)

*I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world. (Diogenes)

*As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot. (John Lennon)

*Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all. (John F. Kennedy)

*See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. (Jesus Christ)

*Get yourself out of the way. Lord free me from myself. (Al Pacino)

*For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not. (King Solomon)

*While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die. (Leonardo Da Vinci)

*Do not do to others what you would not have them do to you. (Rabbi Hillel)

6. tculi

tculi Senior Member

Standing on bare ground, - my head is bathed by the blithe air, and uplifted into infinite space - all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eyeball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or parcel of God.
    -Emerson

i love this quote

7. saradreamer

saradreamer Member

mine is a poem. but a short one.

The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
    Petals on a wet, black bough.

--Ezra Pound

8. Julio

Julio Banned

12 Famous Quotes

*Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war. (Donald Trump)

*The call of death is a call of love. Death can be sweet if we answer it in the affirmative, if we accept it as one of the great eternal forms of life and transformation. (Hermann Hesse)

*No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better. (Jesus Christ)

*The major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it is sex. (Hugh Hefner)

*When I was young I walked all over this country, east and west, and saw no other people than the Apaches. After many summers I walked again and found another race of people had come to take it. How is it? (Cochise, Apache Chief)

*Americans are so ignorant that if God & the Holy Angels started descending upon the earth, they would immediately start shooting. (Julio Salomon)

*Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. (God)

*Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. (Ludwig Van Beethoven)

*Even in the most perfect love one person loves less profoundly than the other. (Thornton Wilder)

*Always love your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)

*How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? (Jesus Christ)

*See me, feel me, touch me, heal me. (Peter Townshend)

God bless you!

9. Julio

Julio Banned

WOMEN WERE "ALSO" CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD.

God is part woman, women were also created in the image of God, contrary to the false teaching of the old male dominated religious political system. Women are not some spiritually inferior being, made to be a shadow & servant to man, but an equal. Of equal importance, equal beauty & equally representative of the God head that created us for love.

In Genesis chapter 1, verses 26 & 27 it says: "And God said, Let "us" make man (mankind) in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him: "male and female" created he them". "Who" was God the Father talking to when he said let "us" make mankind in "our" image?

According to the late great american comedian "Lenny Bruce": "If God made woman for man, he must have one of his own for himself". Sounds sensible.

So, then, we could safely assume that the Holy Trinity, the Godhead of 3 Gods in one: Father, Son & Holy Ghost, is not a male dominated political circle, but the perfect picture of the heavenly family of which we are a representation, having been made in their image & likeness: The Father, The Son & "Holy Spirit": the ever present wife of the Heavenly Father & Mother of the Son. Also known as the spirit of wisdom, compassion, mercy, love, gentle like a dove, like a woman, not stern, judging or harsh as the Father.

When they talk about the "Trinity" 3 Gods in one, it means that they are "one" in unity, in love, even as "we" should be. Like Jesus prayed to his Father in John chapter 17: "I pray that they be one, even as we are one & the love that we have for each other, let it also be in them." (read the whole chapter) So women are "also" made in the image of God. This sounds a lot more fair & equal. Some feminist groups suggest that God is a woman, maybe they are "half" right, because the third person in the Trinity: The Holy Ghost “is” a woman.

No wonder Jesus was such a defender of women in a hypocritical society were men were tolerated to commit certain sins, that if a woman committed them she would be immediately stoned to death. Women were viewed as mere possessions, second class citizens, before God & before man, they did not have equal rights. God did not make a woman from Adams feet so he could walk all over her (nor did he make her from his head so she could dominate him), but he made her from his ribs, near his heart, so she could be his sweetheart.

Possibly, the male dominated religious system of the past, even influenced the bible translations to maintain superiority over poor women who were burnt at the stake as witches if they dared to demonstrate any spiritual gifts & who even in the epistles of the New Testament were told to be ashamed, take a lower seat, subservient to man because of the "curse" of the garden of Eden & are not allowed to speak in the church.

Furthermore, the Apostle Paul, seemed to be opposite to Jesus Christ, Jesus said “eat & drink with sinners”, Paul said to disassociate with them, Jesus told a thief that tomorrow he would be with him in paradise, Paul said thieves cannot inherit the kingdom of God, Paul really condemned gays & lesbians & the only recorded word that Jesus spoke on the gay issue was "tolerance" (He said to the religious leaders: “Verily I say unto you, it shall be more "tolerable" for the land of "Sodom" in the day of judgement then for you”)

And on the subject of women, Paul said that a women should bow her head in shame in the house of God & not be allowed to make any comments. But Jesus in his defense of an adulterous woman said: “he that is without sin, let him be the first to cast a stone at her” & then he told her: “I condemn thee not”. How beautiful.

Jesus did not need anyone to compliment him, not the Apostle Paul, not anyone, nor did he have any twin brothers, he stands on his own, representing himself. Thank God for that.

That part of the bible even contradicts Jesus, who came to free us us completely from all curses. He even liberated us from the curse of death: "He that believes on me HAS eternal life", right now & without any other conditions. Amen. John chapter 6, verse 47. Thank you.

10. Julio

Julio Banned

Hey Guys,

I am in Peru, it is so awesone to be here. To me it is like being in heaven. Amerika is more like Limbo, purgatory or hell.

Even just walking the streets, the environment is so peaceful and the common folk are not so ANGRY like they are in the mean streets of Amerika.

And the food, f..ing great, the beer delicious, the coca leaves, very chewable.

The people so friendly.

When I get back to, the beast that sits upon many waters and devours eveything in its path, I will post pictures from this Peru trip.

Love you all,

Julio

11. Julio

Julio Banned

12 Famous Quotes

*The Apostle Paul may have been Bipolar. Occasionally he was an extremely very inspired writer & other times he was an old school religionist spreading fear, condemnation & manipulative guilt trips using outdated curses. (Julio Salomon)

*If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. (Jesus Christ)

*Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. (Albert Einstein)

*Why not? (Dr. Timothy Leary)

*In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you. (Leo Tolstoy)

*When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane. (Hermann Hesse)

*Thou shalt not kill. (God)

*There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning. (Thornton Wilder)

*The military draft is white people sending black people to fight yellow people to protect the country they stole from the red people. (The musical, "Hair")

*The Devil is like a strainer that separates the mud from the gold. (Carlos Santana)

*Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right. (King Solomon)

*The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue. (Napoleon Bonaparte)

God bless you!

12. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

A smile is the shortest distance between two people.-Victor Borge

13. Julio

Julio Banned

12 Famous Quotes

*Never in history has there been a more evil, death dealing & violent nation than the United States of America, its a very sad thing because their are so many good people there. (Julio Salomon)

*We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. (Oscar Wilde)

*You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are. (John Lennon)

*You can't give up something you really believe in for financial reasons. If you die by the roadside - so be it. But at least you know you've tried. Ten minutes in the music scene was the equal of one hundred years outside of it. (Robert Plant, singer for Led Zeppelin)

*A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker. (Siddhartha Gautama Buddha)

*One of the key factors to truly enjoying Gods word & interpreting it to your advantage & personal benefit, is to continue being a sinner & indulging in your little sins. It's healthy, it's human nature. The minute you stop recognizing yourself as a sinner, then you start living a lie by giving yourself the glory for being more righteous then God. And you will hold on to big sins in the closet hypocritically. (Julio Salomon)

*That´s love: Two lonely persons keep each other safe and touch each other and talk to each other. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

*Stay true to yourself: play it the way you hear it. (Jerry Garcia, musician for The Grateful Dead)

*When I start to think, I know well that I know the truth, in my soul I feel peace sharing happiness, helping others. (Alex Nathanson)

*Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also? (Jesus Christ)

*Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. (Ancient Indian Proverb)

*They probably thought Jesus was promoting cannibalism by his famous "eat my flesh and drink my blood" sermon or encouraging vampirism or maybe their were some that could of thought that he was feeling a little bit sexy, I don't know. (Julio Salomon)

www.juliosalomon.com

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

What's up with your penis envy?

Also, do you have sex with many pregnant women?

This is not only historically inaccurate, but also rather foolish.

15. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

1)The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we kill those people. -Bill Hicks

2)I'm gonna share with you a vision that I had, cause I love you. And you feel it. You know all that money we spend on nuclear weapons and defense each year, trillions of dollars, correct? Instead -- just play with this -- if we spent that money feeding and clothing the poor of the world -- and it would pay for it many times over, not one human being excluded -- we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever in peace. Thank you very much. You've been great, I hope you enjoyed it. -Bill Hicks

3)Wouldn't you like to see a positive LSD story on the news? To hear what it's all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting? Just for once?
    "Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration — that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
    - Bill Hicks

4)I'm glad mushrooms are against the law, because I took them one time, and you know what happened to me? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours going, "My God! I love everything." Yeah, now if that isn't a hazard to our country... How are we gonna justify arms dealing when we realize that we're all one? -Bill Hicks

5)You know we armed Iraq. I wondered about that too, you know. During the Persian Gulf war, those intelligence reports would come out: "Iraq: incredible weapons — incredible weapons." "How do you know that?" "Uh, well... we looked at the receipts. But as soon as that check clears, we're goin' in."
    - Bill Hicks

6)They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do just as well — you just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.
    - Bill Hicks

7)Folks, it's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because, um, — they're no longer relevant. We're supposed to keep evolving. Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs. You do know that, right? There's another 90 percent of our brains that we have to illuminate.
    - Bill Hicks

8)People suck, and that's my contention. I can prove it on a scratch of paper with a pen. Give me a fucking Etch-a-sketch, I'll do it in three minutes. The proof, the fact, the factorum. I'll show my work, case closed. I'm tired of this back-slapping "aren't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are. - Bill Hicks

9)There's a new party being born: The People Who Hate People Party. People who hate people, come together! "No!" We're kind of having trouble getting off the boards. Come to our meeting! "Are you gonna be there?" Yeah. "Then I ain't fucking coming." But you're our strongest member! "Fuck you!" That's what I'm talking about, you asshole! Fuck off! Damn, we almost had a meeting going. It's so hard to get my people together. - Bill Hicks

10)Oh, there's a threat to America! Yeah, yeah, yeah... Back to that fuckin' COPS show. 'Cuz I'll tell you who the threat to freedom... no, no, not to freedom. I'll tell you who the threat to the status quo is in this country: it's us. That's why they show you shows like fuckin' COPS. So you know that state power will win and we'll bust your house down and we'll fuckin' bust you anytime we want. That's the message. - Bill Hicks

11)That's what I hate about the war on drugs. All day long we see those commercials, "Here's you brain, here's your brain on drugs", "Just Say No", "Why do you think they call it dope?" ... And then the next commercial is [singing] "This Bud's for yooouuuu." C'mon, everybody, let's be hypocritical bastards. It's okay to drink your drug. We meant those other drugs; those untaxed drugs. Those are the ones that are bad for you. Nicotine, alcohol... good drugs, Coincidentally, taxed drugs. - Bill Hicks

12)You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, it looks like he rushed it. - Bill Hicks