10KLF is right around the corner...

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by gregshagger, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i dont know how many of you are on the 10klf mailing list.. but you might wanna check this out....

10KLF Safety Update

The 10,000 Lakes Festival is commited to providing a safe, clean and friendly music and camping environment. As a festival attendee, we expect you to help us in this goal.

The Soo Pass Ranch is a music venue and strictly follows the laws and guidelines that apply to any ballpark, stadium, arena or amphitheatre in Minnesota. As in any public setting, you are responsible for your actions. Please remember that you are a guest in Detroit Lakes and represent the festival to the community at large. We ask that you be good neighbors both inside and outside of the festival grounds.

Local and state law enforcement are involved with every aspect of our security plan, and will be present inside as well as outside of the festival grounds for your safety. The Minnesota Highway Patrol will be patrolling the roads leading into the festival. The Becker County Sheriff's Department will be patrolling the festival throughout the duration of the event.

There will be brief vehicle searches of all vehicles entering the festival. These inspections will be conducted by 10KLF camping staff. There is a strict no pets policy at 10KLF. Vehicles with pets will not be allowed into the festival! Fireworks, weapons, glass, pets, furniture, stowaways and illegal materials of any kind are strictly prohibited.

2. psychedelic toker

psychedelic toker Member

they dont even search you at Bonnaroo.......we got in and didnt even see 1 cop

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i dunno about you.. but just about anyone i have talked to about roo and waka said the heat was very very present.. and very uncomforting.. to the point that they will never go back to either again..or even 10k.. just because police are cracking down on larger festis... i've heard this from regulars to vendors...

4. psychedelic toker

psychedelic toker Member

Bonnaroo made a point to let people know....and it did happen.....that there would be no police presence inside of bonnaroo-only security gaurds and medical and staff.....the only time i saw police was when people got out of hand...(like freaking out hardcore) and they treated them with respect- For example walking back from centaroo there was a guy that the cops had to take down because he was freaking out on people....to the point of harming them, he looked like a nice guy but prolly a bad trip.....but he was naked and one of concert goers that passed by took a picture of the police apprehending the naked guy......and one of the police men stood up and grabbed the camera and threatened to crush it- the police officer said " if you were in his situation would you want people taking pictures of you!" i think that was nice of the piggy

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

50hrs and counting... are ya gettin excited yet???

6. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Leaving tomorrow sometime after I clean my car and get it inspected.

7. zillyb

zillyb Member

is the police presence and car searches really that bad?

8. yonderingman

yonderingman Member

ya today is the day and im leaving here in the hour or so i broke out of treatment just so i could make it there this year its gonna be out of this world exspecialy after seeing bob weir sci and keller play a song at summerfest i also saw mickey heart wich was awsome to now i get to see phil cant wait peace hope every one thats going has a blast cause im sure you will

9. yonderingman

yonderingman Member

yonder ends there tour every summer right after the 4th of july thats why when they moved the date off the 4th yonder didnt come back know they end there tour for the last two years at summerfest and the year before was the year yonder played at 10klf so thats why were probally never gonna see yonder at 10klf for a while cause they like to break in july

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

all i got to say is.. 10k was the shiznit!... amazing amazing fuckin time... great camping.. great family.. great music... i couldnt have asked for anything better!!!! Phil was phuckin amazing... i checked out SCI for a bit while i was on shrooms... left Trey after 2 songs... bleh... its just not phish.. i know i know.. its not supposed to be.. but.. Trey is just boring by himself... glad i didnt pay to go see him by himself... Keller was fuckin insane.. Mutaytor... omfg! i dont even know how to describe this circus act.. but it was amazing for what i caught... so many bands... so little time... if there was one thing 10k taught me its pacing yourself... i got fucked up the first two nights... then chilled the rest of the week cuz i was so burned out.. so all in all it was the greatest week of my life... and will definately be making it every year after... peace

11. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

SCI first night was the best show besides UM if you ask me. I missed KWI cause my clock was wrong at my campsite, I was kind of pisst since that was one of the main reasons I went. And trey sucked as usual. I couldn't believe how many people were actually going nuts for trey. Trey could whip out his dick and piss on everybody and they'd ask for more. The only point in the whole show where I even got a liuttle hyped up was when medeski comes out and they start rocking out this little funkay thang then all of a sudden they go into who are you i was like wtf?!? that sucks.

trey needs to "get back to where he once belonged."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.