1001 places to be barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Boogabaah, Dec 24, 2007.

1. StraightToes

StraightToes N/A

Ugghhh! :eek: What was the prize? :eek:

Personally I cringe at using public restrooms when I'm barefoot. Too many guys "dribble" when they're done (if you get my drift). When I've gotta use a public restroom, I approach the fixture with my legs spread widely (funny visual). Somebody once posted that urine is sterile - maybe so, but I'm sure it's got plenty of nutrients for things to grow. I try to avoid wading through somebody's piss.

A port-a-potty might be beyond me, but when you've gotta go, you've gotta go!!

Britney Spears - take note!!

2. Sax_Machine

Sax_Machine saxbend

You walk on plenty of dirty things all over town. A public loo's no worse really.

Having said that, there are some public loos that I wouldn't go in at all, even with shoes on, because I can't stand breathing in the smell. But if I absolutely have to go in, going in barefoot wouldn't require any more will power than going with shoes on.

3. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

totally right. first, urine won't stay sterile for long; second, only urine from healty infection-free people is sterile. well I entered some really lurid, flooded, impossible-to-sustain latrines in the past and definitely it was a stupid thing even without the slightest of cuts or bruises on your feet. but unless you are fascinated with dirt, ugliness and the trashy side of life , live in total contempt for yourself or have the immune system of a vulture i don't recommend this for anyone. I could get a lead role in John Waters' next movie or join the crew of jackass , though.

4. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

WALMART!!! dixon california... no one said anything.. no one even noticed as far as i could tell.

5. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Macy's. Lingered in the shoe department just cause I could

6. Best Buy barefoot!

7. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Got a polite talking to at wine store but am a good (REALLY good customer) so not concerned.

8. vanupieds

vanupieds Member

Royal Albert Hall, London at a Promenade Concert

9. deanc

deanc Member

places to go
    MK train station, train to London Euston, Any part of the underground or DLR and various different places throughout london. Didnt even bother taking shoes with me and received no hassle anywhere

10. jnorton47

jnorton47 Cosmic Traveler

ARCO AM/PM
    Albertson's supermarket
    :p

11. vanupieds

vanupieds Member

The Eurostar train between London and Paris

12. StraightToes

StraightToes N/A

Yesterday I went barefoot to see my dermatologist.

Okay I cheated a little. I thought he'd be pretty cool about it, but I took flip-flops just in case (I hate doing that). I carried them with me but never put them on. No one seemed to care about my bare feet or gave me any awkward looks.

13. dikareb_toolman

dikareb_toolman Member

Rainforest Cafe' - Chicago.

Great textures on the floors!!!!

14. dikareb_toolman

dikareb_toolman Member

Just about all the big-box home centers in the Chicagoland area;
    Home Depot
    Menards
    Lowes

15. dikareb_toolman

dikareb_toolman Member

Went sailing for two weeks along the Michigan coast and didn't even bring shoes. Nowhere did I have a problem in any restaurant, bar, club, store, shop, etc. in any town we stopped. It was a great trip. Love Michigan.
    [​IMG]

16. StraightToes

StraightToes N/A

Wow, that sounds great!! I've been barefoot for several days at a time before, but nothing like you describe. The thought of being far from home and not even having shoes to fall back on - that's great!

After a busy week, I blew off yesterday afternoon to catch up on a few things - barefoot of course! Here's where I went.

• Post Office
    • KFC
    • Floor & Decor (Needed a scratch repair product for my bamboo floors. I had an older employee come up to me and I thought he'd give me grief. I just started talking floor care with him and he never batted an eye. Checking out, a couple of employees glanced at my feet but no comment)
    • Home Depot (I needed some sand paper and couldn't find it right off. I asked an employee in the Paint Department for help - no issue. After finding what I needed, I walked across the store, past the Customer Service counter and all the checkout lines to the self checkout. No comments. I was standing barefoot right in front of the checkout attendant. No comment - she just smiled and thanked me for my business)
    • Credit Union
    • 7-Eleven
    • Starbuck's
    • Shell
    • Circle K
    • Two liquor stores (the first didn't have what I wanted)

I've been to five Home Depot locations and have never had a problem. I believe all of them have the "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" signs, but I've never had them enforce it. No employee's ever commented on my bare feet. Has anyone ever been hassled at a Home Depot? I'm wondering if the signs are just a legal thing to cover them in the event someone comes in barefoot and steps on something. I've wandered all over the stores, asked for assistance, etc.

I've had similar success at Lowe's stores, but I've only been to two of those.

17. The Earth

The Earth Om Tare Tutare Ture Svaha

[​IMG]

Salt Farms of Salinas

I cheated never been there but I think if I could experience one place barefoot that would be it.. or stompin grapes

18. StraightToes

StraightToes N/A

Went barefoot to the Vehicle Emissions Testing Center today.
    It passed!

19. barefootsailor

barefootsailor Member

London underground :)

20. aphrodite_pretty

aphrodite_pretty Member

I'm getting tired of going through the pages, but I'll add one I haven't seen yet -- church! When my hubby and I go to Mass, I always kick my shoes off and go up to receive communion in bare feet.