100% Food Safe Mescaline Extraction (cheap, no nasty chemicals, super efficient!)

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Omacatl, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

:( yikes!

google is your friend. buying as an aroma therapy oil is asking to get overcharged. just find a vendor that sells distilled orange oil or d-limonene.

nope. absolutely not.

2. LoC

LoC Member

So you don't have any tips on where to find it offline? That's what I was asking about really.

And what exactly does the lime do?

3. IpsissimusFaustus

IpsissimusFaustus Member

Lime stabilizes the mescaline as an independent chemical.

4. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

5. liquidacrobat

liquidacrobat Member

I saw some orange oil at organic garden store today. $19.95 qt. Called the supplier who said it is pure d-limonene.

6. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

score:D. got the brand name?

7. liquidacrobat

liquidacrobat Member

8. PB_Smith

But is it food grade. There are pesticide grades and food grade. I assume you would want to use the food grade.

9. liquidacrobat

liquidacrobat Member

It's an organic gardening store of good repute, so I'd be comfortable with it.

10. Sebastunes

Sebastunes Member

I often wonder when I read these forums about how to extract and prepare etc etc if you all have some Masters Degree in Chemistry or something ... I would love to do this kinda thing .. but I have so many questions from reading a simple guide ... that I wouldn't know where to start.

11. IpsissimusFaustus

IpsissimusFaustus Member

This tek is actually one of the simplest I have seen. A year or two of high school chemistry should be enough to pull this one off fairly successfully. Remember, Google is always there if you have general questions.

You want to see something difficult, go read Shulgin's LSD synthesis.

12. liquidacrobat

liquidacrobat Member

My friend went to the big Indian store to get calcium carbonate. The only brand of chuna they had was Laxmi and it is calcium carbonate + water. He's been to several grocery chains looking for pickling lime and has had no luck. Next stop, big Asian store where they sell betel stuff.

He said, "My kingdom for CaOH!"

Any suggestions? Is the amount of CaOH critical or can he just mix some of the CaOH & H2O paste with the other cactus powder?

Thanks for any guidance you can give.

Aha! He googled calcium carbonate and what came up? Health food supplements. Any experience with these sources?

13. PB_Smith

You want Calcium Hydroxide, not carbonate.

14. liquidacrobat

liquidacrobat Member

Apparently I am not smrt. From Nexus: 25 grams of edible calcium hydroxide (hydrated lime).

Well, the search continues. I think I should google ... bbb came up. Onward through the fog.

15. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

[​IMG]
    raja chuna works fine. just use a little more than 25 grams to account for water weight. 26 grams of raja chuna food grade Calcium Hodroxide.

16. liquidacrobat

liquidacrobat Member

Continued searching shows that Mexican groceries may carry it and at least in N. Cali, so does - Power to the People - Walmart. Fiesta Mart manana y vamos a la Walmart en sabado. My Spanish is about as good as my chemistry.

All they had at the Indian store was Laxmi Chuna, which is calcium carbonate.

But what a great store!

17. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

So your dog dreamed thathe got 460mgs total from 100g of cactus powder?
    Seems like there would be more, I guess.

What do I know ;)

18. liquidacrobat

liquidacrobat Member

Hopefully his last calcium hydroxide post: Fiesta Mart, the Mexican Supermarket has calcium hydroxide (hydrated lime). Labeled Cal Mexicana Para Nixtamal, $.99 for 113 gm in the non-bottled herbs & spices section.

19. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

dog says: fianal yields were 1.2 percent.

20. liquidacrobat

liquidacrobat Member

Well, my dog says he heard that after following this process through to the end, a person can "salt out" more mesc from the left over limonene using seltzer water. Any experience with this? Can anyone spell it out (my dog isn't very smrt either)? Is seltzer water the same as club soda?

If someone put in, say, 35 gms calcium hydroxide would it be a problem?

Buddy says, Woof! WoofWoofWoofWoof!