10 Years of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by James_T._Kirk, May 2, 2018.

1. Can we just talk about On Golden Pond instead? Is On Golden Pond part of the MCU?

2. I guess I feel the moniker "Marvel Cinematic Universe" is disingenuous is what I'm getting at.

Marvel implies Marvel. Cinematic implies it's a movie. And Universe implies that it is one of the movies that occurs in the Marvel universe. Of which Ghost Rider, X-Men, and the original Spider Man movies are all a part. If it had been Marvel Cinematic Tangent or something I might not have a problem.

When you said Marvel Cinematic Universe...I thought it was just something you had made up, a way of encapsulating all things Marvel and cinematic, because, technically, that's what the Marvel cinematic universe is. 10 years...I thought you were just trying to ignore all of the other horrible things Marvel has done. I think they're kind of trying to leave that in the past, but they can't. You've got to own that. You can't go up to Marvel and say, "Do you think Ghostrider 2 was a good movie? What about the Punisher?" and have them say, "Oh, well, they're not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe." "Yes, but they're you're property." "Yes, but you don't understand the MCU."

3. James_T._Kirk

James_T._Kirk Members

I don't CARE what you think Marvel Cinematic Universe IMPLIES! It doesn't matter what YOU think it IMPLIES! All that matters is what it ACTUALLY IS! LOOK IT UP! READ the Wikipedia article! HERE!

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Wikipedia

FIND OUT what it ACTUALLY IS! THEN argue with me about it! Every post you've made so far shows you STILL have a COMPLETE lack of awareness of what the MCU IS!

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I already did, but it wasn't a post that quoted one of yours. I posted the phases of MCU.

5. James_T._Kirk

James_T._Kirk Members

Then why say, "if it's even a thing"?

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

To be a thing, something must be apparent to more people than only your in group. It should be readily apparent to most people. In this case, more than one person misunderstood that MCU isn't the same as plain white-toast Marvel.

7. James_T._Kirk

James_T._Kirk Members

Well this thread is for the in group.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No you are wrong.

Anyhoo, just watch Infinity War last night. Dont see how its not all downhill from here anyway. Cram a movie with 20+ characters, dont see how you go up from that.

And the usual formulaic bullshit, an evil villian that just wants to destroy everything because he can.

Think most are just getting tired of these movies

9. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

X-23 is marvel

10. James_T._Kirk

James_T._Kirk Members

HOW AM I WRONG?!

11. James_T._Kirk

James_T._Kirk Members

12. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

@James_T._Kirk you really need to chill. What kind of person gets so worked up over something like this.

mangorian likes this.
  13. James_T._Kirk

James_T._Kirk Members

You're all arguing with me and saying I'm wrong when YOU'RE the ones who are wrong! That's why I'm getting so worked up! Read that fucking article! FIND OUT what the fucking MCU IS! STOP arguing with me when you're WRONG!

14. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

LMFAO!

mangorian likes this.
  15. Gee whiz. I read the article. I know what it is. I also know what the words "Marvel" "cinematic" and "universe" mean. It means all things that Marvel has done cinema-wise. Who really chooses what the Marvel cinematic universe is, anyway? Maybe someone really loves Nicholas Cage as Ghostrider and also really loves Tony Stark as Iron Man and, for them, that's the way the universe really is.

But yeah, I get what you're saying. This is a series of very serious films (albeit under a very ill-fitting header.) Granted, I don't know what else they could have called it. Maybe Marv El or Ma Arvel.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its their fault ghostrider was a shit movie not ours.

Any movie based on a marvel comic, thats the MCU, because we say so

fem_fatale likes this.
  17. Also all superhero movies are MCU because DC and Marvel have done crossovers before.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A decade of shit that's ruined cinema if you ask me.

BeatinFeet69 and tumbling.dice like this.
  19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I don't understand adults that watch movies based on comics.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  20. James_T._Kirk

James_T._Kirk Members

How is it Marvel's fault Ghost Rider was shit?! Marvel didn't MAKE Ghost Rider!