10 ways to be generous

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Orsino, May 29, 2004.

1. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

:confused: Jews worship Jehova?

2. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm not sure, I think so though, but you get what I meant.

EDIT: Nevermind, Jehova and Juda sound kind of alike to me, my mistake, but you get the point.

3. kier

kier I R Baboon

i don't mind some sarcasm, i can be a cheeky monkey at times, but not in any kind of hurtfull way. what was posted here hurt me, and i could see it hurting others

i'm not sure if im idealistic...maybe i am?

the point is i don't try to be anything, i am who i am. i accept this, and friends accept me for who i am.

your post was lovely though, even though your views differ to mine, you were lovely, so thankyou very very much!!!

4. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

i'm with Borut, Kier, Sarah and Sage.

There IS a limit to irony.

5. Orsino

Orsino Member

I have nothing against peoples religions....

as long as they don't want me to become a homeless person and give up my house and everything I own to their church, which, in the case of Jahovah's witnesses, they tried to get us to do before and it was somewhat hilarious watching them trying to convince someone to do that. Plus they had the nerve to make me come outside when I kindly invited them inside (it was last january) and I was staying home sick because I had the flu that day. My parents weren't home that day either and they were trying to use me to get to them. A baptist church also tried to sell us cell phones by getting us to become members and we would get a "special discount" through a member who owned a cellular phone store. Ugh.... organized religion has become consumerism. People are full of shit and i'd rather save an animal's life.

6. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

That's all true, but you shouldn't insult people who believe in different things, anyway. It's the so called emphathy, empathy.
    I believe you think they're silly and all, but you didn't really have to say that thing which was supposed to be a joke, but it could offend some people. That's the point which I'm trying to tell you.

Why would one want to offend somebody if it's not needed?

Love and Empathy,
    Borut

7. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Just like there are fucking "limits to freedom?" It was a joke. Get over it. Does it make you a better person to get all fucking righteous whenever someone says something that could even slightly offend some shallow insecure dumbass? It was a joke. You're being too serious. Get over yourselves and move on.

8. Orsino

Orsino Member

Well... so much for contradictions, but they offended me. It's not that I think they're silly. It's because they have the nerve to come to somebody's house, say it looks beautiful, and ask them to donate it to their church. I don't see it as a religion, although others can see it as whatever they like. Just because they have people who agree with them doesn't mean that they're not full of shit.

9. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Don't be so mean... :( Moony's a nice person. :)

10. kier

kier I R Baboon

leave her alone, don't attack her, does she attack you?

please think of the effects of your actions

oh, and thanks for calling me a shallow insecure dumbass

11. HappyHaHaGirl

It wasn't directed to anyone individually.... :rolleyes:

Why don't you guys come back and read this same post when you're 18 and see how much it offends you. It won't. Because you won't care. Because your biggest problems in the world won't be missing the bus and getting everyone at school to know your name. You will find pleasure only in the plights of others, because you have realized that there is little hope for you beyond college football and selling insurance and encyclopedias to the jaded suburban middle class.

12. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Wow, so since you're nineteen you understand everything! I see now. I don't see how that matters, I believe the (original) poster is what, fourteen, fifteen? And you're a year over the "understanding" age, gawd, what shit... I didn't really care about the original post, I thought it was a waste of time but I didn't care... it wasn't even really funny. And personally, I'm not in the middle class, I'm dirt poor... :p anyway, this wasn't meant to attack or be mean or whatever, so don't take it the wrong way (enough people here hate me already lol).

13. kier

kier I R Baboon

im 18, i have bigger problems than this post, but this post still concerns me. i get pleasure by helping others, having fun, being happy. i don't really like football (both american and english), and am not going to sell stuff to the middle class

14. HappyHaHaGirl

Wow... since you're fifteen and you haven't figured out shit yet, keep in mind that having a baby when you're seventeen kind of gets you out of the selfish, spoiled teenage "I hate my parents and I'm always right" mindset.

15. kier

kier I R Baboon

i don't know what you have gone through, i don't know you, so i'm not going to pretend to know what its like

but nor do you know me

im 18, an orphan by definition, living with my aunt
    i have not been spoilt, being one of the poorer familys in my area
    i know i'm not always right, do i look like (a) god?
    i am not selfish, though i do look out for myself, i also take care of my friends :)

16. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

I was never the one who pretended to know it all. So cause you had a baby you're cynical and find something stupid funny, wow, great. You have no idea what my life is like; I'm not spoiled and have a "I hate my parents and I'm always right mindset".

17. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Eh, she was talkin' to me... ;)