10,000 Lakes Festival/Midwest MJHF gathering?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by jo_k_er_man, Jan 15, 2009.

1. newradicalface

newradicalface Banned

Not bad at all split between 4 people lol, as well as the vehicle pass. That is what is up :D . We just can't get pulled over on the way hehe.

2. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

$60 for a bus ride to detroit lakes is dirty cheap duder.. it costs more than that one way for gas

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

PS: a train from Chicago to Winona is cheap.. think only like $30-40.. ya could ride up with me.. i dunno if im goin up with anyone.. may be a solo trip this year

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Enchanted Ape is good shit too.. 06 and 08 i was offered a guest pass by them.. i may try and take them up on it this year.. 06 i won tickets and 08 i bought my ticket before they were put on the bill

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

whats nice.. is there's still 40+ bands TBA

6. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

lineup is trash
    fortunately i only attend trashy music

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I'm not a big fan of WSP. though i've never seen them live.. i wasnt a fan of the flaming lips.. saw them live.. totally changed my perspective.. DMB.. well they fuckin blow.. im glad they arent playin two nights.. Wilco should be great to see live.. TLG is the shit! RRE TBT WookieFoot.. fuck yes! a lot of the other bands i havent heard of.. but like last year.. thats what i loved about 10k.. i got to see so much new music it was an amazing time

8. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

Panic is my favorite thing happening right now. I always refer to them as uber trashy. So pumped for two nights for free.

Railroad is my second favorite for sure. Thinking about hit the NE for a couple shows shortly.

Pretty lights is a great late night dance party. DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW I GUARANTEE IT!!!

so much more to be excited for. Can't wait.

9. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Pretty Lights? what are they? im guessin you say late night dance party? so a candy kid crowd? I've heard the WSP following is pretty trashy..

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

ah just checked them ok.. kinda like DB

11. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Check Wookiefoot right HERE this is their whole set from 10k last year.. i really hope they get a late night spot this year.. they put on a hell of a night show.. they did a great job doing a day time show though... youtube has a lot of harvestfest footage too so you can see how they are at night

12. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

i'm 100% jealous.

haha but i don't know how my parents would feel about me driving 1000 miles away to go meet up with some dirty hippies for a long weekend :p

13. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i think they would totally be down for it.. an airplane ticket from PA to MN is just under $200 i believe too

14. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

well hopefully those prices will stay that way... because next year i'll be good to go!

and i'll bring some PA smack just for you joker :p

15. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

WSP is gonna be at 10k... the smack will be flowing im sure.. though im not gonna be another statistic.. last year a kid from my hometown died of a smack OD at 10k

16. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

but see i'll give you free samples from "the magic man"...

wooaah wooaah wooahh it's maaagic.. ya knowww!

17. newradicalface

newradicalface Banned

What's security like, is everything pretty open?

18. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

last year... if you did not have a purse or a back pack... they didnt even pat you down.. they just let you enter the concert bowl.. security dont fuck with you unless you are being stupid, obnoxious, or flipping the fuck out.. i was selling some dude opium right by my camp site in plain sight and a security guard drove right by me on his ATV.. i think i saw one sheriff drive through the campground.. i think security is more active in Northwoods campground.. because thats where all the crazy shit goes on.. I like my peace and quite.. and therefor stay in Sallie every year.. its not that it is quite.. but its not a fuckin zoo like Northwoods campground is.. i personally think Northwoods is trashy.. so many people tryin to sell you shit over there.. i only go into northwoods to get hooked up.. also Lake Sallie has the best drum circles.. they also had a couple cool camps last year.. there was a big ass disco party at one camp site last year.. disco balls and everything lol

19. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

the security guards main purpose at 10k is to make sure everyone has fun.. and that there is no glass bottles or tanks... they do check your car on the way into the campground.. but its just to make sure you're to sneaking somone in.. bringing a pet.. bringing in glass.. or tanks.. if you pack all your party favors into your tent or sleeping bag.. they are not gonna find it.. and you dont really see a lot of cops on the road on the way there.. i dont think i saw a single one last year on the way up.. but then again we left at midnight.. and got there at 6am.. last year we were playing drinking games by tryin to get cars to honk, wave, thumbs up, etc.. and the cops even played along LOL.. and in 06.. as we were pushing my car up to the gate one of the state troopers was like "well at least you made it!" as im jumping in and out of my car to put the break on.. with an open beer in hand

20. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

dude there's not a huge smack scene within the panic crowd. The kids will shove blow up their nose all day, but smack is not readily seen. lately, I've seen it more with the yonder tour kids not panic. Panic does have some trashy fans, a lot of southern spreadnecks its true. Also though a lot of good old boys. Panic is the seen I can best identify with. They like to work hard and play hard. Whereas my cheesy days we liked to hug and dump glitter on each other.