♫incubus☺

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rar1013, May 15, 2004.

1. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

Incubus= great stuff!

2. Velouria

Velouria Member

They rock, but you guys already know that. So I guess this post was rather pointless.

3. Orsino

Orsino Member

My favorite song is talk show on mute.

4. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Member

Yeah that song kicks ass :D

5. Moonlightstars

Moonlightstars Member

incubus seriously rock.... i mean they dont just rock... they SERIOUSLY rock :p

I went to see them at wembly couple of weeks ago, and as soon as i got back i booked tickets again to see them on the 2nd of june!....

6. ArieStarshines

ArieStarshines Member

I adore Incubus. Their music changed me.

7. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Member

I'm listening to "Warning" right now :D

8. Carnivore

Carnivore Visitor

I can't stand them.

9. WatchinUfromtheBridg

WatchinUfromtheBridg Member

Most of actual Californian Bands make me want to take heroin...they only seems to know to built heavy songs and there's always one or two "bad taste" ballads just to prove they know how to do it ...but it s all fuckin' empty ...in the inside of bands like incubus ...i'm not sure if there's a soul waitin in a corner to be find?...... Is there an honnest heartbeat in it.? :eek: i know it s hard to hear so many cruel words addressed to one of your most-lovin' band...the singer play the ultimate rock star attitude...sell is balls to MTV...and don't even had a memorable voice... I don't want to have another "joke" band like red hot (xption of their 97' "One hot minute" LP with Navarro is a little more "hendrix" oriented ...)
    This is a band who just want to be rebel but they don't even remember why?(like most of MTV little FacticeAngry bands)....it's the fashion...One guy out of Jet or the Hives had more balls than those 5 ridiculous skaters...
    & of the old stuff they know only the Zeppelin ...and this is 4 sure supa-dupa original :rolleyes:

creed...the calling...staind...evanessence...puddle of mud...rasmus...3 doors down...etc... the best i can say 'bout incubus is that they are the leader of this troup of loosers aka the best of the disgusting...and MTV is naturally the sponsor of this plasticfake rebellion for angry skaters...were are gone the poetic or philosophical words?...or real dangerous call to arms (mc5,early motorhead etc)?...not in this mud ...i'll tell ya

10. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Member

They're not trying to lead a "rebellion"... They're just making music. I agree with you that most of the bands you listed (Evanescence, Creed, etc) really do suck and have no originality or talent... But don't compare Incubus to them. I don't know what you mean by them not having a soul, Brandon has more soul in his little finger than anybody in Jet. Not to say I don't like Jet, but if you're complaining about how Incubus "isn't poetic", and saying how great Jet is... Compare their lyrics...

Incubus IS poetic, just listen to "Made for TV Movie" or "Warning". Especially if you compare it to a lot of other crap that's around nowadays.

Also, why do they have to know how to play songs by old bands? I have nothing against Hendrix and Zeppelin, but why do you expect every band to be able to play that stuff? If anything, that would only make them LESS original.

11. WatchinUfromtheBridg

yehaaa you're right ...but my post was a little aggressive...to tell u the truth
    I've told what i was thinkin' but a little too far...incubus it s not my cup of tea as you understand it but their last album "a crowd left of murder" i can find some good songs in this one (2 or 3 songs) and this is the first album of incubus where i can find that ...so good luck to the band 'cause they're in progression from level sub-zero to the 1st floor .....uhmmm but the nowhereland 13th floor (elevators) still far from reach :D
    My girlfriend leave my 2 days ago for a stupid metallica-iron maiden fan ...the last post was just an aftermath

12. elanor_rigby

elanor_rigby Member

I saw them play at hammersmith apollo...last tuesday[?]
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! i didnt think it was possible but i love them even more, they completely blew me away!

13. Skelter

Skelter Helter

i totally agree with Watchinufromthebridge. to me incubus is just one of those boring american (skater)bands like staind or 3 doors down. I can't believe people are actually listening to this music. Go and listen to some great music Watchinufromthebridge mentioned: MC5, 13th Floor Elevators, ...

14. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Woah, i think were gettin a little off track here..this thread is about how you LUV incubus, not how you don't really like them.....

15. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

Yey! I managed to sell my Incubus gig ticket to a friend! thankgod for that

16. WatchinUfromtheBridg

Yeah those are great bands who dont play the rebel they are the definition of rebellion.
    I open a new chapter ... i' m often lookin MTV ...and i look it because there's always 10 % of good music on it and even if i want to play the gentleman i can't put incubus in the "10%"... I take enough distance with what i see (people have to learn that) in this channel (this is marijuana) ...
    exemple : in the 60' & 70' music was pure music then the video clip appear in the same time of the Ronald Reagan election in 1981 and the music since then goes worst and worst . D'ya remember of the 80' musical bad trip ...mtv is reponsable(partially) for this nightmare ...since then the picture take a bigger place than even before in music...so now the situation in the musical industry is : to sell an album the picture and promotion of video clip take half (50%) of his importance ...the other half is still music...
    I don't know if pople understand what i try to say ...
    Beyonce Knowles for exmple don't do bad music (even if 4 me it's like a fly drownin in my soup :p ) but Beyonce his the exemple of the perfection to drag you with a fuckin' picture of his sexy foxy mooves... :eek: This don't make me want to buy her album...and everybody had to learn that this is not music this is sexy pictures to sold you his last album...I know to many friends who are impressed by those commercial pictures with visual effects bigger than the states... it makes me want to take a look from the Jeff Airplane...like a butterfly dancin' between clouds thinkin' that this whole world is becomin' mad with an Ego bigger than the Evrest ...where is gone this old millenium search of humanity for an "inerride" ? :D

Nb:a)Sorry 4 my approximative english...i hope you've understand
    b) i know this post had not much in relation with Incubus... "who knows the way a post can take?" :rolleyes:

17. livingwater

livingwater Member

I love Brandon Boyd- he is a very soulful passionate guy- he seems authentic-not changed by his moolah-very sensual...cute...cultured.

As far as songs go- I love Circles-it is soooo True,DRIVE,Megalomaniac(I just love how he seems to wanna push asshole Bush of his omnipotent wanna be throne of ignorance)
    however- the other guys rock to- but MR.Boyd has got it for Sure

18. Natz

Natz Member

Thing is with Brandon is that I think he the fame has got to his head. Even though I hate to admit it. I also don't like the fact he is maturing. :p I loved his "Morning View" phase type thing. I blame Carolyn Murphy for his maturing ever so suddenly.

19. livingwater

livingwater Member

Who is Carolyn Murphy? And how do u think fame has gotten to his head?

20. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I hate carolyn murphy.......i do...he's dating a model guys........how unkewl is that...i think his fame has gone to his head slightly..i mean i still adore him and the band..but...damn...a model..how about a kewl hippy chick like he used to date..u know..:)