…I'm speechless, (worth reading)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by catstevens, Apr 1, 2006.

1. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

[​IMG]
    Hi everyone, I hope you are all fine and happy today and everyday, Amen =)
    Well, I couldn't think of anywhere this should fit other than here.

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young couples walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene. One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Days and weeks passed. One morning, the nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."
    Lessons: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy. People will forget what you said... People will forget what you did... But people will never forget how you made them feel... Make someone happy, share a kind word today. ''A good word is charity'' (Prophet Muhammad)
    Source
    Peace and love
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

[​IMG]Note: Silly, Irrelevant, and the like, responses, posts, comments will be ignored (it depends on my mood and time if I won't ignore them), taking off the topic is losers' style, ask yourself: will you write such response if the writer wasn't a Muslim!

2. catstevens

Lyric: I believe, Artist: Joana Zimmer

Now everybody,​
    has a right to be living their lives...oh​
    but we're a long long way, a long way from paradise.​
    If there was freedom tell me why everybody wants to fight...oh​
    'cause we're a long long way, a long way from paradise.​
    You might be strong enough,​
    you might be rich enough,​
    you might be blind enough:​
    to push it all aside.​
    No matter what you do,​
    it keeps come back to me and you​
    Chorus:​
    Give a little bit of love and you get it back,​
    give a little bit of pain, you're caught in a trap.​
    for every little thing that you say or do,​
    give a little bit of love and it'll come back to you.​
    You got your reasons,​
    but are yousure they're reasons to be right?..oh​
    'cause we're a long long way, a long way from paradise.​
    We must be strong enough,​
    we must be brave enough,​
    we waited long enough​
    now it's time to say goodbye.​
    We got some rules to bend,​
    too many lessons to be learned.​
    Chorus x2​
    Ohhhh....​
    I belive in peace and harmony,​
    you got to belive in love​
    before you can be free​
    so take a hand​
    everybody make a friend​
    I want you to belive in love​
    like I belive​
    Give a little bit of love... love​
    a little bit of pain... pain​
    give a little bit of love... alittle bit of love​
    Chorus x1​
    Give a little bit of love​
    a little bit of pain​
    For every little thing that you say or do,​
    give a little bit of love and it'll come back to you.​
    It is all about Peace and love
    [​IMG]
    Peace and love
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

[​IMG]Note: Silly, Irrelevant, and the like, responses, posts, comments will be ignored (it depends on my mood and time if I won't ignore them), taking off the topic is losers' style, ask yourself: will you write such response if the writer wasn't a Muslim!

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

nice story. i always try to make people smile. nothing is better than seeing someone smile because you made them happy, even just for a moment in there busy day...

4. catstevens

fitzy21
    yeah, truly
    I want to thank you for that, may Allah bless you, Thank YOU =)
    Peace and love
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

to tell someone else what is "worth reading" to them, is itself a dishonest act.

there is also tremendous unhappiness in making others unhappy and there is no greater good then the avoidance of causing harm. that is objectively observable and does not require the coerciveness of any organized belief.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. catstevens

themnax
    !!!!!!
    Not to them only, to all of us in my POV.

Peace and love
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

7. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

nice story, i might just have to try something like that sometime.

8. catstevens

Death
    :D Best wishes dude, try it, and thank you in advance.may Allah bless you.
    (I thank everyone who makes any creature happy)
    reading such things makes me happy, so, thank you for making me happy and smiling =)
    Tons of Peace and love =)
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

9. Wond'ringAloud

Wond'ringAloud Member

I enjoy the little stories you post Cat, like parables.

10. catstevens

Wond'ringAloud
    :D I'm glad you enjoy it, I have tons of them =)
    ^^

Tons of Peace and love to you =)
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

11. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

there is no way I'm gonna be able to read all that. isn't there a condensed version?

12. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

ill condense it for you.

two men lying in a hospital room. the guy next to the window is blind, but dosent tell the other guy. he relays what he sees out the window to the guy on the other side of the room. turns out its only a blank wall, but he said it was children playing and sunshine and happy lakes and ducks and all that.

lying just to make the other guy happy.

13. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

oh, well, ewww. its still lying. oh well. i'm so glad I didn't waste my time reading all that.