“REBUILD!” Concert

Discussion in 'Music' started by queenbinx, May 29, 2014.

1. queenbinx

queenbinx Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Apl.de.ap, will.i.am and Taboo of the Black Eyed Peas Headline “REBUILD!” Concert for Typhoon Haiyan Survivors.

Seven months after a devastating typhoon destroyed portions of Southern Philippines, rebuilding efforts have slowly begun.* To help in the rehabilitation effort, an all-star concert headlined by Apl.de.ap, will.i.am and Taboo of the Black Eyed Peas is set forSunday, June 8 at The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles.* Spearheaded by the Apl.de.ap Foundation (ADAF), the charitable organization founded by BEP Apl.de.ap, the concert will bring together artists from various musical genres as well as from countries from around the world.

Audience members will be treated to numbers by some of today’s hottest artists including the ABDC alumni dance crew Jabbawockeez, rapper Talib Kweli, beat-boxer Dub FXand the Chad Hugo outfit Yardnoise. Rising indie musician Chris Hayzel and YouTube phenom AJ Rafael will punctuate an evening that includes special performances by “The Sing Off” group The Filharmonic, local chorale group the Philippine Chamber Singers, the vocal trio W3TheFuture and up-and-coming pop quartet, the Jazmin Sisters, whose just released single “You” is on hot rotation at KPWR Radio. Three of the most in-demand music spinners -* DJ Mia, DJ Ammo and DJ Poet – along with the most sought-after DJ,Q-Bert, will be lending their talents to get the audience up and dancing.* Comedians Joey Guila and Ron Josol bring their brand of comedy to lighten the spirit.

From England’s “The Voice”, wunderkind Leah McFall, coached by will.i.am, brings her smooth, pop vocals to the stage in addition to the indie music 60’s-inspired band The Little Ones and the U.S. debut of the Philippines’ number one metal rock band,Slapshock. Sprinkled in the mix are several surprise guests and the announcement of this year’s Binibining Pilipinas-USA Pageant contestants.** The concert will be co-hosted by Emmy award winning news anchor Cher Calvin (KTLA Evening News), actor Mark Dacascos (“Iron Chef America”, “Hawaii Five-O”, “Dancing with the Stars”) and actressNia Peeples (“Pretty Little Liars”, “Fame”, “North Shore”).

“I just want to do my part to help my fellow countrymen, especially the children, who were impacted by typhoon Haiyan,” explained Apl.de.ap. “And it makes the effort so much better and more meaningful that all of these artists have shown their support of what me and my Foundation are trying to accomplish.”*

The concert is sponsored by Philippine based SMART Communications who has launched HELP.PH, a text-to-donate campaign in several countries around the world to continue awareness and raise funds for the rebuild effort.* Apl.de.ap has been appointed the international ambassador of the HELP.PH campaign. Additional support for Haiyan rebuild efforts will come from a special silent auction sponsored by the Asian Real Estate Association of America (A.R.E.A.A.) Foundation at the Greek Theatre patio.

The proceeds of the concert will be dispersed by the ADAF to several projects and NGOs based in the Philippines who are doing direct work to help the survivors of the devastation, in particular, a special PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) program targeted at children and teachers in Tacloban and surrounding areas.

Live Performances and Appearances by:
    Apl.de.Ap, will.i.am & Taboo of the BLACK EYED PEAS

AJ RAFAEL
    BINIBINING PILIPINAS – USA
    CHRIS HAYZEL
    DJ AMMO
    DJ MIA
    DJ POET
    DUB FX
    JABBAWOCKEEZ
    JAZMIN SISTERS
    JOEY GUILA