“Just Friends”

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by shymathguy, Aug 6, 2007.

1. mighty_thor

mighty_thor Member

Wow! A good, reasonable discussion.

How rare! ;)

I agree with a lot of what has been said above. Life actually is a lot more ambiguous than we would like it to be, and sometimes it feels like you are being played when you are the recipient of someone else's confusion.

One really bad breakup came when I was "friended." (sigh.)

I almost hate to suggest anything this negative, but it seems to fit perfectly here. Another point of view to consider is the the "two ladders" theory.
    http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

Notice that I said to "consider" the theory, NOT to "believe" it! This ladder theory guy is obviously BITTER as hell, and couldn't buy a woman on ebay. Still, he does have the beginnings of an idea, of sorts.

The useful part of what he says is that women (but men do this too!) DO sort other people into roles. It's important to know which role you have been sorted into, and to be able to position yourself so that you will be sorted into the role that you want to have.

If you do read his pages, try to learn something good, and try hard to NOT be like him. ;)

I hope this helps!