There's nothing to write about...

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 642

On 11/29/2016 my housemate, tenant, friend died in a hospital. He was two months short of being 64. We would have been living together for 15 years had he been around another month and a half. He lived in a tiny bedroom in the house and arrived on disability. Strange to take in a tenant on disability, but I knew that he had a steady income and I knew that he would be home all day. It's like having a watch dog move in.
Turned out he was a good cook. I even gave him the nickname Cook. So, as part of the roommate agreement, I lowered his rent for making me dinner every night. And he stuck to his half of the bargain.
Even though I had lived alone for a good deal of my adult life, I never quite thought I would miss him so much. I had inherited his dog and his cat. They have taken a shining to me over the years (probably comes with feeding them twice a day), and his room has been rented out to others. It's just that I have never found anyone who was quite like he.
I'll have to write more later. I'm not much in the writing mood right now.
~Zen~ likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice