• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#91 Wolf Angel.

Wolf Angel.

• PipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts
  • LocationWyth in the Shaw = Manchester - England

Posted December 31 2016 - 12:04 PM

I am sorry. I did not hear Todd say..."I want to be with Carrie MORE THAN YOU....".

Don't think that was said - at least that I could find

• Moonglow181 likes this

"And in the End, the Love You Take, is Equal to the Love, You Make"

< Peace + Love . Protest + Protect . Save the Planet > 

#92 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,302 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 31 2016 - 07:01 PM

Don't think that was said - at least that I could find

Yes, it was implied.  That's why I didn't post it as quoted.

I can imply that I think someone smells bad without having to say a word.

A face can launch a thousand ships.

A nod and a wink is universally understood, just as is telling a living person that you want to be with a dead person is.

Anything else you'd like to fain ignorance about or nit pick nearly to death, Moonglow?

#93 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,538 posts

Posted December 31 2016 - 07:18 PM

I did not realize that interjecting another possibility and point of view was nit picking, especially about someone who is dead and cannot speak for herself anymore. I am sure we will never know the full extent of her last conversation with Todd and what she may have said to him about him. I know for a fact, that if my brother died, when my mom was alive....and she told my brother this...she would follow. I sat there thinking...I guess she will leave me, as i don't plan to die, but I realized that I was just feeling shallow and that is not what she meant.....She would have been equally as crushed if I were to have died. She did have a better relationship with my brother. She never understood me, but I know that does not mean she loved me any less.....with 20 20 hindsite....and I am happy she and my brother had a good relationship. I would have understood her better with 20 20 hind site. i never felt loved by her, and I was actually afraid of my own mom....but I know and feel now she did love me as much.

Edited by Moonglow181, December 31 2016 - 07:20 PM.

#94 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,302 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 31 2016 - 07:43 PM

I did not realize that interjecting another possibility and point of view was nit picking, especially about someone who is dead and cannot speak for herself anymore. I am sure we will never know the full extent of her last conversation with Todd and what she may have said to him about him. I know for a fact, that if my brother died, when my mom was alive....and she told my brother this...she would follow. I sat there thinking...I guess she will leave me, as i don't plan to die, but I realized that I was just feeling shallow and that is not what she meant.....She would have been equally as crushed if I were to have died. She did have a better relationship with my brother. She never understood me, but I know that does not mean she loved me any less.....with 20 20 hindsite....and I am happy she and my brother had a good relationship. I would have understood her better with 20 20 hind site. i never felt loved by her, and I was actually afraid of my own mom....but I know and feel now she did love me as much.

It's good that you can feel that.

#95 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,302 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 31 2016 - 07:46 PM

I think it's also good that Debbie Reynolds could follow her daughter in death if that is what she really wanted.

It was much easier on her.

It took my mother nearly 2 1/2 years to grieve herself into nothing.

#96 MorphGirl

MorphGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted December 31 2016 - 07:49 PM

I am sorry. I did not hear Todd say..."I want to be with Carrie MORE THAN YOU...."...I did not hear the more than you part. Can you please provide the link?

She never said it, Adrianne had that kind of experience with her own mother after her brother died. :( where her mom said her brother was her fav... and died...

Arianna, I am sorry that your mom said that... I was not my moms fav either but that doesn't mean she loved me less either...I am sure yours loved you a lot. My mom just didn't relate to me as well as my brother and sister. She also told had too many kids, she didn't have time for us all so she gave attention to those who needed or demanded it most... was your brother the one who needed her the most?

#97 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,302 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 31 2016 - 07:52 PM

She never said it, Adrianne had that kind of experience with her own mother after her brother died. :( where her mom said her brother was her fav... and died...

Arianna, I am sorry that your mom said that... I was not my moms fav either but that doesn't mean she loved me less either...I am sure yours loved you a lot. My mom just didn't relate to me as well as my brother and sister. She also told had too many kids, she didn't have time for us all so she gave attention to those who needed or demanded it most... was your brother the one who needed her the most?

It didn't hurt my feelings but my husband saw one of my brothers react when she said it and he thought it must have felt painful for my 3 brothers to hear.

My deceased brother is the one that made her feel he needed her the most and she played right into it, enabling his drug addiction for decades.

#98 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,538 posts

Posted December 31 2016 - 07:53 PM

but I must add....my mom did say alot during her last year she was alive that she did understand me many times.....Things were great from her.....but not knowing she was going to die soon...i could have been alot better.....and went to stay with her a week like she asked 6 months before she died. I will never forgive myself for that either. I thought she was going to live a long time more....and when she asked me, i was not ready yet...My bad...and now I think she knew.....she was going soon..If only she had communicated that with me....:(....

Edited by Moonglow181, December 31 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#99 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,538 posts

Posted December 31 2016 - 08:09 PM

It didn't hurt my feelings but my husband saw one of my brothers react when she said it and he thought it must have felt painful for my 3 brothers to hear.

My deceased brother is the one that made her feel he needed her the most and she played right into it, enabling his drug addiction for decades.

She may have been most afraid for him? so as Morphgirl said,. maybe he needed her more or something, but not loving you any less....Maybe you were the strong one in her eyes.

#100 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,538 posts

Posted December 31 2016 - 08:11 PM

I love all 4 of my pugs the same..but my sensitive gali....who sits and stays alone alot and looks sad all of the time...and is not bugging me and being a royal PITA, like the others......I am drawn to him. I know the others will be just fine with or without me....but him I worry about and feel sad for.

Edited by Moonglow181, December 31 2016 - 08:12 PM.

• MorphGirl likes this

#101 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,302 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 31 2016 - 08:13 PM

Debbie Reynolds got her wish.

Todd Fisher may be relieved.  I don't know.

#102 relaxxx

relaxxx

• PipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted January 01 2017 - 02:42 AM

I can't imagine her funeral NOT having John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra playing in the background.

#103 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 12,325 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted January 01 2017 - 03:41 AM

Debbie Reynolds got her wish.

Todd Fisher may be relieved.  I don't know.

I assume he has a healthy inheritance coming

#104 Wolf Angel.

Wolf Angel.

• PipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts

Posted January 01 2017 - 04:39 AM

I assume he has a healthy inheritance coming

Money, "Can't buy you Love"   it is moreover a case of,  "Let the Heartaches begin" for all those left behind  

• ChangMitchell likes this

#105 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 10,642 posts

Posted January 01 2017 - 07:57 AM

speaking of money, disney had a 50 million dollar insurance claim on Carrie. if they claim it i think it will be safe to say she was meant to be in episode 9.

doo be doo be doo, beware of the penguins.

#106 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 33,708 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted January 01 2017 - 08:08 AM

On a sidenote:

speaking of money

10420434_571281536313969_231270623250721

• hotwater and penguinsfan13 like this

Posted Image

#107 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 10,642 posts

Posted January 01 2017 - 08:15 AM

On a sidenote:

10420434_571281536313969_231270623250721

when i came to check your reply all i could see was the top half and was thinking "why bring civil rights into something about a tragic loss and who is making money off of it."

when i scrolled down i laughed my ass off.

• Asmo likes this

#108 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 33,708 posts

Posted January 01 2017 - 08:23 AM

when i came to check your reply all i could see was the top half and was thinking "why bring civil rights into something about a tragic loss

Haha, wasn't planning on getting into that no, but I noticed another meme and you have to agree there is an intriguing similarity:

8f2cd315acefda82dbf76fc2d5586385.jpg

But I guess we can also agree that you just don't owe Jabba a lot of money.

• Soph Tquis likes this

Posted Image

#109 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 10,642 posts

Posted January 01 2017 - 08:25 AM

while hendrix is the right color for the carbonite chamber the MLK one is better because its in a box shape

#110 Soph Tquis

Soph Tquis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationThe Faraway Tree

Posted January 01 2017 - 08:31 AM

Okay so it was an insurance job.

And

She's dead already.

#111 Wolf Angel.

Wolf Angel.

• PipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts

Posted January 01 2017 - 10:41 AM

Good to see how this departure can stimulate such humorous response 

#112 Spectacles

Spectacles

My life is a tapestry

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,529 posts

Posted January 01 2017 - 11:17 AM

CBS Sunday Morning had a segment about Carrie and her mother.  They also had their annual segment about those who died in 2016.  Carrie and Debbie were not in that so I assume the latter was produced before they died.

http://www.cbsnews.c...e-lost-in-2016/

Edited by Spectacles, January 01 2017 - 11:17 AM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

#113 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 10,642 posts

Posted January 01 2017 - 11:36 AM

Good to see how this departure can stimulate such humorous response 

i have yet to be at a funeral where there wasnt at least a couple chuckles. i am guessing that goes with the best medicine comment.

#114 MorphGirl

MorphGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted January 02 2017 - 08:21 AM

speaking of money, disney had a 50 million dollar insurance claim on Carrie. if they claim it i think it will be safe to say she was meant to be in episode 9.

Lol. Of course they will claim it... probably had it because like her mother saying she was worried about losing her, Disney knew it was a good chance it happened. .. I wonder how much they paid her per film. No where's near 50 million I am sure. It is all about money, now they have to search for a new princess Leah... a good makeup artist to make her look like or similar to. Is she replaceable?

i have yet to be at a funeral where there wasnt at least a couple chuckles. i am guessing that goes with the best medicine comment.

The last funeral in my family was my aunts, and a man died of a heart attack in the church during the funeral... my cousins daughter who was about 10 at the time was so curious she started to get excited ... is hyper active... and went out to check out the body and give him a poke.. lol. the longest funeral ever... took hours before the body could be moved and the funeral could resume. Always something funny happens at funerals and people laugh at them, but there were a lot of funny things said during the wait to alieviate the stress. Fine line between laughing and crying. many funerals on film and tv have a comedy scene in it as well. :)
  • Aerianne likes this

#115 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 33,708 posts

Posted January 02 2017 - 08:28 AM

She's not replaceable I think, even though they could surely find another actress that looks similar like her in Force awakens. I may hope Leia will be written out of the next movie now. Only mentioned or plays a role indirectly.

Of course insurances are all about the money, and not just the insurances but even the whole production of the movie would not be considered if there wasn't money to be made. How dubious.

Posted Image

#116 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 10,642 posts

Posted January 02 2017 - 09:23 AM

Lol. Of course they will claim it... probably had it because like her mother saying she was worried about losing her, Disney knew it was a good chance it happened. .. I wonder how much they paid her per film. No where's near 50 million I am sure. It is all about money, now they have to search for a new princess Leah... a good makeup artist to make her look like or similar to. Is she replaceable?

i am thinking they would be refused the claim if she is killed off in a finished movie. (episode 8) 

of course they could always say she was written in as a force ghost. i am pretty sure they have not started writing the last one yet though.

#117 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,538 posts

Posted January 02 2017 - 10:54 AM

Article in newspaper here says......

"Jan 7 8 pm

Bright Lights HBO

The documentary "Bright Lights" Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds"-
which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2016 and will screen at the upcoming Palm Springs Film Festival in January-was slated to air on HBO in March. The cable network announced on Friday that the doc will now premiere Jan. 7 following the passing of the subjects. Co-directed by Alexis Bloom and Fisher Stevens, "Bright Lights" gives a candid look at the duo in the months leading up to the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards, where Reynolds received the Lifetime Achievemnt Award"

and

"TCM Remembers Debbie Reynolds Jan 27, 6 a.m.

Turner Classic Movies is celebrating the life of Debbie Reynolds with a 24-hour film tribute beginning at 6 am"

#118 mixturenicko21

mixturenicko21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted January 16 2017 - 09:07 PM

It's true noone has succesfully isolated the jedi particle yet so all this remains speculation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: latest news, people, movies

Click to shop at Royal Queen Seeds