237 replies to this topic

#211 IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted January 05 2015 - 08:53 PM

how have you determimed that?

i searched for every instance of the word astrology, and no post can explain how astrology works, only that it works.

• Thefutureawaits likes this

#212 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted January 05 2015 - 09:00 PM

I told you how it works or how we came bu the information obviously there is no instrument that we can use to mrasure personality but self examination. A Dmt experience will inform you in 45 seconds I hear

#213 IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted January 05 2015 - 09:22 PM

ive had about 7 dmt experiences.  all great, i saw what everyone else saw, i know what they are talking about.  ive had many epiphanies and breakthroughs on lsd as well.  ive also had experiences with ayahuasca.

but what im looking for is an explanation like for example we know how the moon effects the tides.  by its rotation around earth and its gravity pulling on the water which makes it rise and fall.  

is there a similar explanation about how personalities are affected by heavenly bodies or vice versa?

i think its kind of strange that nobody can explain how astrology works. take any other real science like the genetics for example, we can explain how traits are passed down through genes, and how mutations happen, all that stuff.  but nobody can explain how astrology works.

#214 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted January 05 2015 - 09:43 PM

ive had about 7 dmt experiences.  all great, i saw what everyone else saw, i know what they are talking about.  ive had many epiphanies and breakthroughs on lsd as well.  ive also had experiences with ayahuasca.

but what im looking for is an explanation like for example we know how the moon effects the tides.  by its rotation around earth and its gravity pulling on the water which makes it rise and fall.  

is there a similar explanation about how personalities are affected by heavenly bodies or vice versa?

i think its kind of strange that nobody can explain how astrology works. take any other real science like the genetics for example, we can explain how traits are passed down through genes, and how mutations happen, all that stuff.  but nobody can explain how astrology works.

astrology maps energy nexuses that relate to the vedic idea of the human energy system as the chakras are analoge of planetary organization. There are seven planets in play right now. We are moving into a type of awareness called the interpersonal point it is above our physical frame in terms of energy locus and is represented ultimately by the planet neptune. Consider thT the universe appears to us in terms of spectrum. That is light divides thriugh a trangular prism in a sevev
N hued rainbow. Our calender is based on seven day weekly periods. Our musical scale is predicated on seven tones with a transcentrans,endant eighth to begin the next higher octive.

#215 IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted January 06 2015 - 08:40 PM

^ ah u finally get me lol!  i guess i should have asked how you think it works, because im sure many people have different opinions on that.

that sounds interesting, theres a lot of stuff i have no clue about there:

1) how the chakras are connected to the planetary organization, or even if chakras exist. 

2) how planets come into "play"?  why are there only 7 right now?

3) types of awareness?  how do we move into them? what is the interpersonal point? what is our physical frame?

4) energy locus?  why is it represented by neptune?

5) how the universe, the rainbow, the calendar, and the musical scale are connected? that concept sounds pretty far out dude  (in a groovy hippie voice)

^well im sure thats way too much stuff for you to waste your time on, but if you ever get a round it that'd be cool.

• Asmo and thedope like this

#216 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted January 06 2015 - 09:42 PM

Those are exellent questions. Thank you for your interest. Ihope I can do them the honor they deserve being of genuine interest. Ill take your last question first. In our phenomenal world the apearance of energy comes in the form of intensity. That is matter is distributed in clumps. A rock is more intense or denser than a piece of wood and a gas planet has a crushing gravity and the sun is so intense that it radiates. There are even greater densities than these. So her we have the prismatic expression of a single essential building block which is matter. The smallest elemental bit exactly mirrors the processes of the largest forces and the largest forces exactly explain the smallest. An example would be a grain of sand and the sun.

#217 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted January 06 2015 - 10:03 PM

So the chakras are energy nexuses in the body. A kind of density of nerve/abstract functions. A chakra exists for example in the solar plexis, in the heart and stomach or digestive area. Also in the throat/thyroid area which is functional in verbal expression as well physical metabolism. There is one in the sexually responsive area,one in the area of the pineal gland and one at the crown of your head.finally thereis one in the heart area. These seven appear in acse nding order. First by order of consciuos communication of the living thing which is sexual reproduction and on up to the transcendental awaren represent our animaless that allows us to alter our environment. So the chakras represent stages of creature development over the entire animal family known as chkordata.

#218 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted January 06 2015 - 10:16 PM

^ ah u finally get me lol!  i guess i should have asked how you think it works, because im sure many people have different opinions on that.

that sounds interesting, theres a lot of stuff i have no clue about there:
1) how the chakras are connected to the planetary organization, or even if chakras exist. 
2) how planets come into "play"?  why are there only 7 right now?
3) types of awareness?  how do we move into them? what is the interpersonal point? what is our physical frame?
4) energy locus?  why is it represented by neptune?
5) how the universe, the rainbow, the calendar, and the musical scale are connected? that concept sounds pretty far out dude  (in a groovy hippie voice)I

^well im sure thats way too much stuff for you to waste your time on, but if you ever get a round it that'd be cool.

imoved this discourse to the esoteric thread to save time

#219 Imperator

Imperator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted January 11 2015 - 01:24 PM

I personally believe in astrology and that's because it it seemingly the most rational thing to do. Several studies have supported it's existence whereas to my knowledge 2 have not, and those 2 have both been proven to have flawed and biased methods of testing

#220 Imperator

Imperator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted January 11 2015 - 02:05 PM

I certainly believe in astrology. It has proved very accurate and consequently very helpful in my life.

#221 madhuvathani

madhuvathani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationchennai

Posted May 16 2015 - 04:54 AM

Really astrology is a wonderful prediction to get solutions for all life related problems. Initially, I have no interested in astrology. One day, I just try for fun and got predictions from the famous Indian astrologer. The information prescribed was most related to my problems as well. That was amazing and surprising to me.

spam removed

#222 IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted May 17 2015 - 01:26 PM

you guys sound well educated and not ignorant at all.

• rollingalong likes this

#223 DrewBear

DrewBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted May 19 2015 - 03:57 PM

Almost everything fits for me being a Libra on the Scorpio cusp. I'm not a social butterfly but the Scorpio makes me internal rather than external. I dig astrology but I know some folks never feel they fit their profile and that's fair.
"you gotta go where you wanna go, do what you wanna do, with whoever you wanna do it with":sunny:

#224 IamnotaMan I AM THOR

IamnotaMan I AM THOR

I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via usual channels.

• PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts

Posted May 22 2015 - 10:42 AM

I cant say I fully understand it.

But I am into cycles analysis. And I can understand how astrology (in whatever form) can make sense, and have a practical usage.

Sadly,  we hear little of real astrology. And lots from the cheap bullshit stuff that masquerades as astrology.

I had an expert do my birth chart. Its a REALLY weird birth chart hahaha. (Loads of  conjunctions etc, even on the exact minute! etc)

The reading was jawdroppingly accurate.

Edited by IamnotaMan I AM THOR, May 22 2015 - 10:42 AM.

150px-Ribbon_of_Saint_George.svg.png
 Родина-мать зовёт!

Ever get bored of BS?

#225 rollingalong

rollingalong

yabba daba doobs

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,115 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 22 2015 - 12:47 PM

there is no such thing as real astrology.....stop pretending like there is scientific evidence to support even a fucking molecule of astrology.....

any person who believes the stars and planets have anything to do with their lives is wasting their time

why in the hell do you think every newspaper in the world runs a disclaimer with their horoscope columns?

it is because they don't want people to actually have faith in astrology

it is not accurate and any ideas that it works for you is your own minds playing into the bullshit you read

means you are weak minded//...that's real

Edited by rollingalong, May 22 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#226 IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted May 22 2015 - 06:34 PM

I had an expert do my birth chart.

the fact that its a chart should be enough to show you that its fake.

think about it for a second.  what information is in the chart? 

supposedly its some information about positions of the sun, stars, moon and planets around your birthday right?  and how do we get this information?

computer models.  using computer models is how we can calculate the locations of cosmic bodies at a given time.

the other way, the way they used to do it back in the day was using nothing but charts and really complex math.  so did the "expert" bust out his amateur astronomy journal and a calculator?  if not, then he was no expert, he was nothing but a charlatan and you, you've been had my friend, you've been had!!

#227 rollingalong

rollingalong

yabba daba doobs

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,115 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 22 2015 - 07:06 PM

I personally believe in astrology and that's because it it seemingly the most rational thing to do. Several studies have supported it's existence whereas to my knowledge 2 have not, and those 2 have both been proven to have flawed and biased methods of testing

which sign is the fish?...that's what you are if you believe your post....never mind that the smartest most educated people in the world laugh at your notion...they must all be wrong...the millions and millions of university grads are all wrong?

Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy: the mad daughter of a wise mother.

VOLTAIRE

I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical.

ARTHUR C. CLARKE

If the people were a little more ignorant, astrology would flourish -- if a little more enlightened, religion would perish.

ROBERT GREEN INGERSOLL

Astrology is like any other superstition: It has no power unless people allow it to direct their lives.

BILL MYERS, "The Haunting"

This is the excellent foppery of the world, that when we are sick in fortune (often the surfeits of our own behaviour) we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and stars: as if we were villains on necessity; fools by heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and treacherous by spherical predominance; drunkards, liars, and adulterers by an enforced obedience of planetary influence; and all that we are evil in, by a divine thrusting on. An admirable evasion of whoremaster man, to lay his goatish disposition on the charge of a star!

WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, King Lear
  • rollingalong likes this

#228 Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFlorida USA

Posted October 09 2016 - 07:40 AM

I find Astrology interesting and I like reading about it. I'm also interested in Astronomy as well and that's completely different. What interested me is because I love stargazing and I've always loved finding interesting topics to read about it. One day I went into Barnes N Noble and saw an Astrology book and randomly I picked up the book and bought it, lol! I'm an Aquarius and then I read how their cusps signs. Not many believe these exist though. I was born on February 18th. I love my freedom and independence more than anything. I've also did my birth chart one day. Believe it's a very interesting topic, though I don't believe in every little thing I read about it. It's always good to have an opinion of your own. I took information with me from what I learned from the book. My mother doesn't see Aquarius in me at all because from what I know Aquarius's are cold/detached. So I think it's best to always read about it and see if you agree with it or not. I'm always in between I've noticed and it annoys a lot of people. Well I find this interesting, but.... lol!! To explain myself better I believe in it to an extent. I never allow it to cloud my judgement though. If I'm wrong though, I always allow people to fully explain themselves why it's real or why it's not real. I'm always happy to hear people's opinions on topics, except for people who's jamming it down my throat and being aggressive about it. Believe it's good to always be open to hearing other people's opinions. I always wanted to find other people to discuss Astrology with. I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from other people.  :daisy:

Posted Image

#229 bilby

bilby

Freerangertarian

• PipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationRural NSW

Posted October 09 2016 - 04:18 PM

I certainly believe in astrology. It has proved very accurate and consequently very helpful in my life.

Maybe because of confirmation bias?

Blowing out some one else's candle won't  make yours burn any brighter.

If you understand everything , you must be misinformed.

Reality is a moving target.

#230 HannahQ

HannahQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 08 2016 - 05:51 PM

no

• bilby and rollingalong like this

#231 Okiefreak

Okiefreak

• PipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts

Posted November 09 2016 - 06:06 AM

No. It's all bunk.

• bilby likes this

#232 BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,196 posts

Posted November 10 2016 - 11:45 AM

I don't normally have a huge amount of faith in astrology, but recently a friend who is into it told me Trump would win, while all the 'scientific' polls were saying Clinton would do it.

Not saying that proves astrology is true, or that anyone with a sincere belief in statistical analysis should cease to believe.

#233 Yggdrazil

Yggdrazil

• PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted November 10 2016 - 11:52 AM

30669c8d2a13733bf0a32ed6c026687a.jpg

#234 Thefutureawaits

Thefutureawaits

Psalms 37:29

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted November 10 2016 - 04:18 PM

I don't even read horoscopes.

#235 bilby

bilby

Freerangertarian

• PipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationRural NSW

Posted November 18 2016 - 03:49 AM

I don't even read horoscopes.

Unless I have nothing else better to do, I don't read newspapers.

#236 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 38,650 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 01:57 PM

Unless I have nothing else better to do, I don't read newspapers.

they have horoscopes on the internet now.  we know you read the internet.

#237 bilby

bilby

Freerangertarian

• PipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationRural NSW

Posted November 19 2016 - 03:38 AM

they have horoscopes on the internet now.  we know you read the internet.

I never tried looking,They only make it all up.

#238 Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationThe City That Never Sleeps......

Posted December 13 2016 - 07:20 AM

I find astrology interesting. I am a true Cancerian. As far as the love matches go, I try it out for fun, just to see what the stars say about our connection, I think its entertaining, but I believe in making your own destiny, not leaving it up to the stars.

Click to shop at Zamnesia