Your vision of a Utopian civilization

Discussion in 'The Future' started by idioticnumbskull, Nov 3, 2010.

1. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

Really Tony...

and just how do you live as we speak right now?

2. Blissfullyawareofitall

Blissfullyawareofitall Member

BLISS'S VISION FOR A BETTER TOMORROW.

Imagine if you will a vast wildlife surrounding utopian villages across the world. City-states in all regions that are just barely big enough to maintain a healthy competition among its citizens and barely small enough to ensure that the people don't feel too small.

This is my vision. Each city state would thrive on it's own merits and thus each city would provide for it's neighboring worldly city states. Each city would specialize in something, be it the arts, maths, science, agriculture, engineering, astronomy, etc.. But it would not be restrictive to only such fields, as it would still need to be maintained and would need opportunities for all.

Each city would retain much of their sovereignty in whatever laws they wished to pursue, meaning that one city could focus on freedom and another could focus on security, that no federal tyranny would be enforced and that the citizens could be more free to select their own civic duties.

There would be a network of underground bullet trains connecting every city on the planet, these trains would ship supplies and people at no cost other than maintenance. Along with this, there would be a global electricity grid powering every single city at little cost. The power would be run off of mass solar grids in the deserts, mass tidal mills in the sea and mass windmills on mountain passes and other places where wind is abundant.

The only federal level laws would be to retain all important human rights, and the ability to live in any city state you chose, to ensure that no city grows too large, and finally to provide a healthy relationship to all cities.

Most production would be automated by highly advanced robotic systems in factories built near resources, all resources needed for human life would be available at each city state regardless of their "economic" status.

There would be roughly 200 city-states world wide of about 100,000 people in each one. Adding up to a rough estimate of 20 million people worldwide. Each city state would be far enough from each other that they would enjoy an independent isolation giving them more incentive to develop unique cultures.

In atleast one place on earth there would be a place dedicated to a complete state of nature. People could do as they pleased in this urban anarchy, and thus murderers, rapists and other horrendous people would be dumped off to live in a place where they could continue their deplorable acts. It would be walled off, secured, but wide and open with many opportunities to do as you pleased.

The capital would be located on earth's moon. A vast carbon nanotube elevator would stretch into the outer orbit of earth, and would have a launching pad allowing for people to freely travel to this moon, which would have many great places dedicated to great people. A circle of great palaces would surround the middle palace and each one would represent a city state, the middle palace would be a place where people could get recognized as being truly great and wonderful. This would be decided upon by the people, and by fellow great men.

3. War John

War John Member

I'd like to live in one where the majority is rich.

4. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

Everyone can produce whatever they want. And anything you don't want to produce is supplied by the gov. The gov builds the streets and EVERYTHING still. But we pay/trade them for services we wish to have ex:Drugs, Passports, DL, etc :)

So the government is FOR the people, BY the people, and by the time it get's THAT good, it will be made up OF the people.

5. SkeeterMcDoogle

SkeeterMcDoogle Guest

education- Education would come in the form of "Seek and ye shall find." and all information would be passed by apprenticeships. If you want to learn medical treatment you go hang out with the doctor and learn it, if you want to farm, then go help the farmer.

infrastructure- Small tight nit communities of people living in whatever dwelling they choose, built freely from renewable resources.

family unit- I'm personally not into free love. I've always been a one woman man looking for a one man woman. If someone wants to practice free love that's fine, however they should be open and honest about that as that sort of lifestyle could be harmful to the emotions of a monogamous person. Both a mother and father are equally important in the raising of a child and both parties would be actively involved.

sexuality- See above.

technology- Somewhat primative, wood stoves, kettles, pots, ladels, old school farming tools, hand tools, stove top perculators (coffee is important.) Etc.

culture- All people would share the values of peace and love of their fellow human. There would be no backstabbing, no lying, no cheating, no stealing, no killing. Everyone would have their basic human needs met, and share a compassion and love for one another.

Physicality- Everyone would look as they do now and learn to appreciate the beauty in all life forms and all diversities.

Food/intoxicants- Communities would farm as a whole with everyone sharing the labor of growing food that will be shared. Coffee and Tobacco would be loved the world over. People are free to choose if they'd like to eat meat or not.

Hierarchy- In my perfect world humanity would actual get along and work together. The "leaders" would be chosen by the people for their wisdom and compassion.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

gratification, security, and freedom, all at the same time.
    socially, all that would take is the universal self discipline to avoid thoughtlessness.

tangibly though, clean energy public transportation, and clean energy generally.
    environmental harmony of infrastructure, its technologies, and technology in general.

we HAVE all of those capabilities too. its the blindness of economic priorities, prioritizing economic and ideological myths, that are the obstacles which have prevented our already accomplishing this.

its not the little green pieces of paper that are unhappy.

i focus on small form factor transportation infrastructure, because that is something that has always interested me. everyone has different parts to contribute. that's just the one that most interests me.

images available on my page on fur affinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/themnax/

7. wisp

wisp Member

my idea of utopia -no politicians = no wars , no finicial crisis , no censorship etc

8. purple_sky

purple_sky Member

to me, the ideal would be non-existence (i know that doesnt really count).

because, i dont value:

life as a principle
    humanity
    animals
    the earth
    religion
    politics
    sex
    societal structures
    procreation
    family

i have always been this way.

9. humanbeaing

humanbeaing see you in paradise! HipForums Supporter

Get rid of money
    Everyone loves thier neighbor like they love themself.
    Sit down and design how to use the earths resources responsibly with forethought on all things created and the recycling of such items at the end of its lifespan.

10. Education - Hogwarts
    Infrastructure - Everyone will live in gray boxes. The gray boxes can be anywhere and in any numbers. People are executed if I deem them non-magical folk, but my judgments will be purely arbitrary based on whether or not they like the same things I do.
    Family Unit - People can get married, but I decide if they make good couples. They can only have children I deem unique, which basically means if they find me funny they live.
    Sexuality - Gays ok, but they have to dress like David Bowie circa Ziggy Stardust.
    Technology - Technology has to become more quaint. There should be an electronic pinwheel sticking out of everything electronic.
    Culture - Again, Hogwarts
    Physicality - This is purely random based on who I meet. For instance, there can't be too many hunchbacks. One can live in an old mansion and one can live in a cave, but I don't want to see any at Pizza Hut.
    Food/Intoxicants - Intoxicants will be renamed and styled so that they appear to be magical. Anybody can farm. You can even build a farm in the middle of someone else's farm. I want a lot of trouble to be caused by this.
    Hierarchy - Everything remains much the same, class-wise, except people have to behave like they live in a magical world. Except I'm sort of at the top, because everyone has to think I'm cool.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

universally mutual consideration. all hierarchies will go away when we practice this. they simply cannot exist as we know them, were everyone to do so. and of course everyone will never do any one thing. i don't mean that. but a sufficient majority for it to be the self perpetuating culture will in time accomplish this.

solar powered narrow gauge railways will meet the transportation needs of the greatly diminished levels of human population that remain.

humans will have met sapient populations from other worlds, and learned to be polite to them as that had had already learned to be to each other.

differences of appearance, even extreme ones, will simply no longer be a thing.

as with the automobile, advancing technologies, as will as maturing of cultural perceptions, will have made cities almost completely a thing of the past. the largest remaining communities will be college towns.

wars and the myth of economics as science well be forgotten curiosities, in dusty books, on the back and forgotten shelves, of the history of our own era.

there will be a world government way off somewhere that nobody cares about, because it doesn't affect them in any way. the whole idea of nations and ideologies as we know them today, or have for the past three or four thousand years, will be pretty much forgotten too. the only political things that matter will be in your own local community, nothing to stop each from going completely its own way, and no individual will be invested with personal authority.

infrastructure will be created and maintained by communities of interest in it. infrastructure 'tribes' as it were.

everything in nature will be abundant, simply because people will be so few. there will be plenty of ruins to explore from our era, when humans were more numerous. most of their health hazards, other then mechanical ones of falling objects, will have dissipated by then.

probably won't seem utopian to most of the people living now. but then they won't be living by then. they will be long gone of old age. most of the population reduction won't be the result of wars, if there even will have been any. what we're seeing now may very well be the last of those. environmental factors are what will have reduced human population to sustainable levels. that time will have been long in the past too.

humanity will have actually learned not to repeat its current mistakes. quite likely the hard way if that's what it takes. the smart way is still possible.

pretty much "utopia" is what it will take, for humanity to still be here, as little as a hundred years from now.

that doesn't mean we have a hundred years to smarten up. we don't have any. the hard lessons have already begun. people are still seeing them backwards though. a lot of people are. that's why the're hard lessons and why they're happening.

there will always be effort to feed ourselves, that sort of thing, but the illusions of money, that will be long gone. we might not even look like humans do now.

12. Toasted Oats

Toasted Oats Members

Been done. Started about 25,000 years ago and ended with the advent of agriculture about 12,000 years ago. Life expectancy was 68-78 years.

1.jpg

13. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

It is illegal to vote for Mickey Mouse in Maryland, one in five insists the sun revolves around the earth, while over half of them debate the definitions of words, never suspecting or caring in the slightest that the dictionary merely contains popular definitions. I surveyed people for over ten years, and they all refused to read a dictionary themselves to confirm my claim, demanded I provide links, and believed my survey was totally pointless and a complete waste of time. Although the copyrights for Mickey Mouse were the typical one hundred years, they ran out, but Disney got them renewed as a special exception. It is illegal to use Mickey Mouse images and references, without their permission.

Call it a fantasy, but Utopia for me is a world where every child is loved and taught how to share their words and play nice, or else! Its actually much easier than you might imagine, but some people have turned it into a cultural artform, because its not exactly rocket science! In Utopia, they appreciate the finer things in life, including what's missing from this picture! That's why AI is the future, because there's no intelligent life around here!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Fucken hell, more with the mickey mouse and 1 in 5 insists. :tearsofjoy:

guerillabedlam likes this.
  15. wooleeheron

Imagine it all being automated, with bots that will be your own personal bitch. You can change the lexicon and emphasis different metaphors to make them compatible with any rhetoric.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My bitch?

Bitch please.

I get my own bitches.

:D

17. wooleeheron

I'm flattered, but you're not my type. That's why I'm designing bots that imitate even the stupidest crap, including my own. So you will never know who you are fucking with online.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

19. wooleeheron

We will make bots you will love to follow around all day long, and spend money on. For the right price, you could even meet them in person... and find out if they really are bots. Its so nice that quantum encryption has made so much progress.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie