y do we ned scool?

Discussion in 'Free School' started by Flesh Mound, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Center

The Center Member

The three most important laws of the universe is: Imagine, take initiative, just let go, and never give up.

School does a very good job of eliminating the imagination, initiative, enlightenment, and pure nerve that children have naturally. Children have imaginations compared to no adult out there. And, they are EXPERTS at taking initiative, just look how these kids co-operate and play even though there language capacity is NOTHING compared to adults. And why is it that we can not bring ourselves to laugh as deeply and from the heart as children can? We have to learn to let go and just enjoy ourselves. Children will normally never give up, they will throw a fit after fit after fit if what is happening is unfair. But in school, you just can't keep it up, as they aren't stupid, if they see all there little friends just do there work and get treated nicely, they will evaluate it is easier to just do the work. If they where not with 39 other little brainwashed kids, I can promise you they wouldn't take it. If people kept being like children, whilst also getting themselves informed, the world would not be in the state that it is today...

Now, let us all be honest, if the basic knowledge of reading writing and arithmetic was taught between one teacher for every child, as well as changing the system, it would not take 12 years to complete it! Although I might be the exception, it took me 2 years and I was able to read aloud fluently, and do some decent writing, and I understood the basic principles that all mathematics was based on. AND THAT WAS AT A PUBLIC SCHOOL WITH 40 CHILDREN WHO DO NOT WANT TO BE THERE, PER TEACHER!

Instead of forcing a child to sit behind a desk for 6 hours a day filling in paperwork, 2-3 hours a day, spread out through the day in smaller, 20-40 minute sessions, would be more than enough to get the average child to the point of reading fluently, doing basic arithmetic, and some decent writing (you can work on grammar by giving them a few books that they would like.) within 3-4 years. And the less smart individuals might take 7 years.

I can not see why anybody would need more than primary school knowledge in REAL life. (an office is NOT real life. Nature is real life.)

Does it make any sense to spend 9600 hours of your life inside a classroom filling out paperwork so that you can learn to fill out some more paperwork, and maybe if you are lucky you can remember some interesting trivia.

(5 hours of actual school per day, 5 days a week, for 32 weeks of the year, for 12 years. 5 x 5 x 32 x 12 = 9600! That isn't even including homework!)

If you want to teach kids, there is only one way. GET THEM IN THE WOODS, IN THE OCEAN, ON THE MOUNTAINS, IN THE RIVERS! Teach them how to grow plants, and care for animals. How to survive in any conditions, and get them strong and fit! Teach them astronomy whilst lying under the stars, botany whilst in the forest, marine biology whilst in/on the ocean, geography on the top of a mountain, and have a shit ton of fun doing it! Now THAT is how you learn! I can promise you you will learn more from 1 year of doing that than 100 years in school.

Impractical you say? Bullshit. If we spent as much on education as on wars and a ton of trivial bullshit, we will have a HIGHLY PAID teacher for every 10 children, and all the resources to make it happen!

2. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

So what are you really saying? That folks don't know how to weed out the bullshit from the truth? We all have the ability to take advantage of the selective reasoning we were born with. Only a fool would believe every word that comes out of a teacher's mouth. So you learn to pick and choose. To remember what matters -- and forget the rest. I can't believe that you give people so little credit. I wonder if perhaps you have been reading too much Orwell?

I say give G.B. Shaw a long peek. He understood the value of how individuals can overcome the tyranny of collective stupidity. We each have a brain to use to our best advantage, and should not ever let popular opinion force us to do what we know is intrinsically false. Anyway, I left you a comment on my own response to THIS post (which many folks are claiming is a satire/joke). So not so quite sure why anyone would get all bent out of shape over either post. School (like life) is only what you make of it. You really do have a choice. Love it or leave it. Period. Life's way too short for such drama.

Peace,

--QP

DeNuttySquirrel likes this.
  3. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

trust your inner intuition, follow your heart, listen to others, but do you own art.

4. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

The spelling in just the TITLE of this post answers the question very nicely.

5. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

You're funny. Talk to me about Tolstoy already.

6. lynzxx

lynzxx Senior Member

funny :D

7. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

If you're so much smarter than why does your grammar sound like Fez from That 70s Show?

Anyways school is a very important thing. I hate it too but I know I need it. I want to learn programming and study physics one day. If you want to get a job and have a life then go to school..

I'm 15 btw.

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

:eek:

[​IMG]

Fez is the best.

9. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

My fave is Hyde.

[​IMG]

10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Of course

11. Indica Eyes

Indica Eyes Members

"y do we ned scool?"

You just answered your own question, buddy. ;-)

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.