Why Pot Is Illegal

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by deadsilence020, Jun 14, 2005.

1. underplay

underplay Member

Exacly. All the government has to do is make the damn drug legal and instead of losing money we will gain money from the taxes. If it was made legal, i guarantee you they will find a way to tax it without that medical bs.

2. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

The reason marijuana isn't legal today in Canada is mainly because of this; If weed became legal, the sales of alcohol would go down greatly. Since the government owns all LCBO and Beer Stores across Canada, then that means they are strongly against it, not the people. I think it is a stupid idea to outlaw weed, but at the same time have a very lethal item (cigarrettes) on the shelf at every dollar store, or variety store. If only the authorities would look to the citizens for help and not into their wallet.

3. darksideofthemoon

darksideofthemoon Senior Member

BUMP...bigtime

what if the government sold good shit, i think profit would go up:)

4. JoneeEarthquake

JoneeEarthquake Member

weed is illegal because pleasure is the devil!

5. Beleg

Beleg Member

Holy crap, you cant be serious can you? Why the hell would alcohol sales go down?! People will drink alcohol no matter what. Legalized marijuana or not.

One of the main reasons marijuana isn't legal in your fine country is that it isn't legal in the US yet. The fact of the matter is that Canada and the US are each others biggest trade partners (in legal goods), if weed were to be legalized in Canada (like, "sold on shelves at super markets" legal) the border patrol and checkpoints going into America would have hell trying to stop the flow of drugs. VERY strict trade laws, regulations, limits, and security checks would be implanted to keep the legal Canadian weed out of America. NEATHER country wants this, as it will hurt trade between them and weaken both there economys. Eather both will have to eventually legalize, or neather will. Decriminalization on the other hand will likely happen to Canada in the near future no matter what America does...

6. erossnj

erossnj Member

Obviously pot is illegal in the US b/c of obiesity (this was a big deal in the US I think) and all the health issues that come w/ it. Just imagine if we had all these overweight americans running around w/ the munchies! When marijuana is legalized, I'm opening a restaurant.

7. freakon

freakon Member

ok legalise it, I totally agree. But, don't think it is some kind of a miracle weed, i have seen full time chillum smokers, and they do tend to drink a lot..... So, it's not that we'll a enter a new age of peace and no alcolhol........... if we legalise it

8. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

well, wut we need is a good speaker who knows ALL the facts and can convince people of the truth. most smokers of weed are generally more lazy than non-smokers. i hate to say it but its true. we need to get off our asses and start getting more involved. talk is cheap. we need action. we need rich stoners to make ads and media pro-maryjane ads. once im 18 ill be in every protest around man. plus if it was legal i wouldnt buy it from the store. chances are they would do the same thing as the did with tobacco. they would put chemicals in it and make it bad for u. i would grow my own. but first i gotta get out of high school. lol

9. cosmicdust

cosmicdust Member

Simply, it's a huge cash crop that interferes with the interests of the ruling elite (International Bankers, NWO, "Illuminati" or whatever fun name you want to call them). Money and power go hand in hand. Marijuana/hemp has like 25,000 uses! It can't be patented, so there is less control over it. Alot more money can be made with with patented items (however, they're usually more toxic!)

The petroleum, pharmaceutical, alcohol and cotton industries would loose money and profits. CONSULT: The Emperor Wears No Clothes, by Jack Herer (The #1 Best-Selling Hemp Book of All Time!). While attending an Ann Arbor HASH BASH (maybe in April 2004), I saw and heard JACK HERER in person! He did have a stroke and slurs his speech, somewhat, but I could still understand him.

The Marijuana Conspiracy-The Real Reason Hemp is Illegal-

"The truth is if marijuana was utilized for its vast array of commercial products, it would create an industrial atomic bomb! Entrepreneurs have not been educated on the product potential of pot. The super rich have conspired to spread misinformation about an extremely versatile plant-that if used properly, would ruin their companies." (by Doug Yurchy-Posted here: June 18, 2005) LINK: www.illuminati-news.com/marijuana-conspiracy.htm.

Part of this "mis-information" is blaming the Mexicans for pot and the Chinese for opium, in our country. It's a smokescreen, a diversion. Wag the dog! Then, there is the IRAN/CONTRA controversy, from years ago, where George Bush, Sr., Ollie North, General Noriega, etc. got caught running drugs and guns for the government. George Bush Sr. is ex-CIA. This is old news, made public. John F. Kennedy told the CIA: "Stop selling drugs!" Now he's dead! It's all about greedy, powerful men wanting money and control!

Another excellant article is: (The Elkhorn Manifesto) SHADOW OF THE SWASTIKA: The Real Reason the Government Won't Debate Medical Cannabis and Industrial Hemp Re-Legalization-An Open Letter to All Americans-By R. William Davis-Documented Evidence of a Secret Business and Political Alliance Between the U.S. "Establishment" and The Nazis - Before, During and After World War II - up to the present)
    LINK: www.sumeria.net/politics/shadv3.html
    All about money, power and contol, again!

Bill Clinton had a surplus of money at the end of his presidency, because he had many pot smokers arrested and built many new prisons! Pot smokers are an easy target to arrest, because they're more laid back and docile. Militia and Patriot groups would be a problem, because they'd cause a Civil War, or Revolution, plus they're highly trained and armed. The mafia have a scam called "pump and sump", which Bill Clinton and George Bush Jr. used. Clinton built up a surplus of cash before he left office (the "pump"), while George Bush Jr. "stole" all the money (the "sump"). Now we have a nasty national debt, again. But keeping people in debt, keeps them enslaved! All of this information is on the internet. Reseach it yourself!

Consult the following enlightening article: The prison industry in the United States: big business or a new form of slavery? (Granma International):
    LINK: www.granma.cu/ingles/2005/octubre/juev13/42carceles.html

AMERICA THE FREE? "The figures show that the United States has locked up more people than any other country: a half million more than China, which has a population five times greater than the U.S. Statistics reveal that the United States holds 25% of the world's prison population, but only 5% of the world's people. From less than 300,000 inmates in 1972, the jail population grew to 2 million by the year 2000." (Granma International) www.mapinc.org stated these figures, years ago.

Also, the USA has the most laws, rules and regulations than ANY country on Earth! Everyday on the news, it seems that a new law is added. They do it one law at a time, so it doesn't appear as threatening. This is the old frog in a boiling pot analogy. A frog is put into a pot of cold water, on a stove. All seems right, until the water seems to be getting warmer, as the degress go up slowly. Eventually the frog finds himself "in hot water" and it's too late! If the frog was just thrown into hot water (like a lobster), it would've been too obvious! ARTICLE: "American Police State: The Frog Has Cooked, By Paul Joseph Watson/NOV. 29, 2005" www.prisonplanet.com/articles/november2005/291105frogcooked.htm . "Westerners Do Not React To Slow Threats. Westerners tend not to react to slowly increasing things, but react to rapidly increasing things."-TOM BEARDEN (www.cheniere.org /Lt. Col. U.S. ARMY-retired) With these obvious facts (check for yourself), I maintain the the USA is the LEAST FREE country on earth!

STATISTICS
    "Ninety-seven percent of 125,000 federal inmates have been convicted of non-violent crimes. It is believed that more than half of the 623,000 inmates in municipal or county jails are innocent of the crimes they are accused of. Of these, the majority are awaiting trial. Two-thirds of the one million state prisoners have commited non-violent offenses. Sixteen percent of the country's 2 million prisoners suffer from mental illness." (Granma International)

THE PRISON SCAM (Or the new form of slavery?)
    Prisons have become "privatized" and prison factories built, for cheap, slave labor (and resulting huge profits). This is no different than those "sweat shops" in China! It's just done in a more "sneaky" way. QUOTE: "Ten years ago there were only five private prisons in the country, with a population of 2,000 inmates; now, there are 100, with 62,000 inmates. It is expected that by the coming decade, the number will hit 360,000, according to reports." Sell drugs, make tons of money. Imprison people and make tons more of money (through legal fees, lawyers, etc.). Use prisoners as cheap "sweat shop" labor, make tons more money. A simple formula.

THE DRUG/ASSETS-PROPERTY SEIZURE/FORFEITURE LAWS SCAM
    Property foreclosures on bankruptcies, and now the drug/assets-property seizure laws. New "businesses" by which the banksters (banker + gangsters) steal from us. All for them, none for us. This is beyond law enforcement, this is pure outright THEIVERY! "By concentrating on seizure, the government is joining in the profits of the illegal drug market-but as an all powerful thief instead of an entrepreneur." Thou shall not steal!

The answer to the question: Why Pot Is Illegal? is simple: Money and control, for power over people. What are the people going to do about it? Keep taking it, or change it? Your choice and destiny. One bitchin' person is easy to arrest or kill. It's done everyday. But with millions, it's much more difficult. There is strength in numbers! The population spurt of the Baby Boomers greatly outnumbers the few. The teens in the 60's and 70's greatly outnumbered the "Establishment" and that scared them!

Read the above book and article (websites) to learn more, This information is by no means new. MANY people know about it, but aren't too vocal about it, because FEAR is the oldest technique to control people, going back thousands of years!

Turn on, tune in and take over!" - Timothy Leary's later version

Love, peace and understanding . . .

10. yazzer

yazzer Member

another reason, the lumber industry would also collape, taking other businesses with it. to make pot legal would change the whole set up of things. wouldn't work to change that law. must be done slooowwwlly. let's cross our fingers for denver everyone!

see hemp can be used for just about everything. scientists are speculating now that it could even be used to make fuel... yes.... let's see what happens.

11. yazzer

yazzer Member

so the booze biz won't lose money. it's settled then!

12. canibis_activis

canibis_activis Member

its illegal becous marijuana would be an motimillion dollar crop, for more info go to why is illegal canabis_activis

13. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Damn my man must be some good stuff you got!

It is already a multi- "MILLION" dollar crop.