Why Pot Is Illegal

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by deadsilence020, Jun 14, 2005.

1. deadsilence020

deadsilence020 Member

Why dont they make it legal?

Well because its a drug! And drugs are bad! and BAD things will happen!! Shame on you... Im telling my DARE officer!

2. Colours

Colours Senior Member

Alcohols a drug

3. WishIWasAHippie

WishIWasAHippie Senior Member

Sorry, I thought we were just talking the plant in general, not neccesarily cannabis... (Well, you get what I mean)

Caffeine is a drug...everything is a drug, bannanas technically are as well haha

4. element7

element7 Random fool

They tried repeating that years ago in Tejas. Sent out these flyers and stuff that said bring your mj to the courthouse for a tax-stamp. Nowhere did it say that it was legalized or anything. At the time I worked for a tri-county paper. We published the pic of the stamp, the flyer, and the full lowdown on what they were trying to do (get people to just go get themselves arrested at the courthouse), boy were they pissed at us for mucking up their scam. :)

From what I've read though, different places still try the scam "sting" from time to time and have actually had people show up [​IMG]

5. deadsilence020

deadsilence020 Member

Get this.... if the pigs find out that you are giving an unfair price for marijuana, they can charge you for that as well for dealing.

For example, Johnny the dealer is selling a qaurter (of low grade stuff) for 100 dollars, and Bob the buyer buys it thinking hes getting an awsome deal... then the pigs bust johnny for not giving a fair trade agreement..on top of a dealing an illegal narcotic charge.......a fair trade agreement, aka a decent price.

Now... I dont know if its just me, but that is utter bullshit... even when something is illegal in this coutry, the government tells us how we have to sell it. LOL

6. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

I am so glad you actually have the right facts on this. I was already to come in here and throw out Mr. A, but you have it right. I think it is also funny that they used the machine gun tariff to put a tariff on herb...

gotta love the U.S. government!

7. outlaw immortal

outlaw immortal Member

here's my theory.

the government can easily tax cigarettes but not cannabis. cigarettes do you much more damage (cause cancer etc). they want you to smoke cigarettes instead. the more damage they do the better as the government doesn't have to pay out for your pension.

they get the tax and no pension costs - very clever people. yet using the law to save themselves money is taking the piss.

8. ginseng23

ginseng23 Member

noooooo, marijuana is illegal because it is bad for you. everyone knows that.

Dude i don't know if you are being sarcastic, humorous or what, but you are completely ignorant if you think that, the 3 reasons why it is illegal is:

1. Economics, the government doesnt want something that is natural and anyone can grow themselves, they like alcohol on the other hand since it is alot harder to brew your own, If pot was legal they couldnt control the sale of every sale because most people would say forget buying it at the store theyll grow it themselves. Same reason why prositution is illegal, not because the act itself is immoral its because the government isnt collecting any money from it.

2. Cotton farmers didnt like hemp since it might make them lose their cotton farming business

3. Racism. Yes there was tons of marijuana hysteria known as reefer madness where they blamed the latinos on seducing and raping white women under the influence of marijuana.

So next time do a little research first instead of being ignorant like the majority of americans are, ok?

9. OpeY_McpoT

OpeY_McpoT Banned

no its good bud is illegal if it were legal it would be pump full of addictives and shit like that

10. ginseng23

ginseng23 Member

The damn government wants people to eat the wrong foods, and smoke and drink and do all sort of things so everyone gets cancer and the stupid FDA and doctors can then make money either doing surgeries( doctors), or prescribing pills( also doctors And fda). The FDA and doctors dont like intelligent people who can think for themselves and find natural cures from fruits and vegetables and say the hell with taking their synthetic crap that is only about money.

Herbs arnt just a chinese or 3rd world thing people, wake up. Germany and the UK are alot smarter when it comes to herbs and health.

The doctors in Germany prescribe herbs to people. What the FDA doesnt want people to know about is the perfect natural way to fight cholesterol problems: OLIVE OIL.

Yes it is much more effective than taking a synthetic. Olive oil is full of mono-unsaturated fat which is the good fat that can actually prevent heart disease and cancers of all sorts, but most of u idiots would rather take VIOX or some other stupid synthetic which treats one thing and causes another! Americans make me laugh at how ignorant they are.

11. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

I highly doubt your smoking organic buds kid... I know your not.

12. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

And people can't just as easily grow tobacco as weed, yet how many people do you know with tobacco in there gardens?

Moonshine is far from difficult to reproduce, and actualy if they did legalize it they would control MAJORITY of it, because people are lazy(especialy stoners) and would rather buy it than grow it...

And how much power do cotton farmers have within legislation?

Maybe crazy ass mexicans shouldn't get high and kill/rape people....

13. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

1. There are hundreds and thousands of "stoners" (guess med m-j patients don't count) that would rather grow it than buy it as of right now. Are you saying that if marijuana was legalized LESS people would grow their own?

2. The textile industry had and still does have a lot of pull in gov't. Same with the timber and pharmicutical Corp's.

3. "crazy ass mexicans" don't get higher or kill/rape more people than crazy ass white folks.
    All illegal drug laws have their roots in rascism. That's why the penalties for crack cocaine (preferred by blacks) are twice as severe as those for powdered cocaine (preferred by whites) even though it's the same substance.

14. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Right now, with the state of the USA, we're just being stubborn. Reliable science is showing the benefits of smoking and disproving the myths. Economists agree that legalization is good for the economy in more ways than one. Conservatives are being stubborn pricks about the issue, and very much dislike change & new information. The government is stubborn, half the population is stubborn, what a crock of shit.

15. Conspriacy99X

Conspriacy99X Banned

Because they can't tax medicine that's why. Also to many people are adbusing the drug for recreational use.

16. fullybaked

fullybaked Banned

cuz the damn government said so

17. kayy

kayy Member

how can somebody say " this plant is illelegal" !...???
    i beleive that the "normal" way of legislations are totally ficked up, we don't have ´much power there, i mean EVEN HERE in the hippforums there are some ignorants.....
    I think that if we start to build our own network, produce on the black market or start playing games with the machime, and not play with the same rules, this world is really fuck up, i get really angry when i read about all this greed

18. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Yes I think the number or homegrowers would go down a lot, if tabacco was made illegal, then a lot of people would start growing that. However, it is legal, therfore people don't bother. It's easier to just go down the local shop.

19. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

tobacco's bad for you and still legal.

even if you intended it to be sarcasm it needed to be said.

20. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Of behalf of everybody everywhere, Thank you captain obvious.