Why can't I get high?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Jessmysta, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Jessmysta

Jessmysta Member

ok so ive been wanting to try marijuana for a while now. my friends have been doin it for a while now but im just never around wen there doing it. so the opertunity came the other day. my friend asked me if i wanted to do it and i said yea. after he got a dime bag we went to the park because we couldnt do it in his house. it was cold and dark out. we used a pipe. after we finished he told me he was sooo high but i didnt fell any different. i thought maybe it would come later or something but no, nothing. so maybe i thought i inhaled it wrong. (and by the way, i dont smoke cigarettes) now tonight i was with him again and we decided to smoke. we each got two joints filled with a dime each from his brother. this time i made sure to let all my air out then inhale only threw the joint. i thought i did it right and then he tells me he was high. i didnt feel any different again. so wat the hell am i doing wrong? should i hold it in long? did u guys have any trouble wen you did it the first time? please tell me wat the hells going on cause all my money is going down the drain!

2. ~*starfucker

~*starfucker Member

you should be holding it in. it's possible your inhaling but not getting anything. you'll know if you are, you'll feel it. i used to have trouble getting much from a pipe so you gotta make sure its lit good and just suck like hell.
    when you inhaled you'll feel a sort of punch to your lungs, thats a good hit. it'll make your face get all funny looking...=D you'll want to cough but don't.

eh...thats all i got. i didn't have trouble getting high my first time, only with a pipe...but i still got high...

3. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

This happened to me my first time, even though now that I recall being stoned out of mind, but when I was there I kept thinkin, why cant I get high.

I made a thread about it on here, and the best info is this.

Dont worry about it. Just go with it, if it dont get you high at all then you are a rare person that marijuana doesnt effect( or is it affect). But I am sure you will get high, just dont worry about it, being paranoid about getting stoned is a definate buzz kill. I remember the first time I KNEW without a doubt I was high. I was blowing the smoke out the window and it came back in on me, and I laughed forever about that.

You will come to a point where it hits u over the head and ur like, oh man I am stoned. But get some better quality weed too, that will help.

4. hamsammich

hamsammich Member

If you have never smoked anything before, and do not cough when smoking pot for your first time then your not hitting it right. I would say stick to the pipe because your friend might just roll shitty joints, but who knows. God a googles seach for "dr dongs marijuana site" or something of that nature. Way back in the day (not too long ago for some of you older folk I'm sure) that was the site that I went to when I got curious about weed. And by the way, when your high, you will know it.

5. dayafterpuberty

dayafterpuberty Member

yea, ive known people that didnt get high the first time they smoked. But that wouldnt be the case if they weren't inhaling.

I dont know if that makes any sense, im just extremely high.

6. NeoPascal

NeoPascal Member

dont worry about it. its a common event for people to not get high the first time. it happens to a lot of people.

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

its almost certain you werent inhaling right if you were 'only inhaling through the joint'

if you had a real hit, and only inhaled through the joint, youd cough so much your eyes would pop out, especially since youve never hit anything before

you need to inhale from the joint or pipe or wahtever, and then inhale again, but from the air. then youll understand. and dont breath through your nose at all while doing the hit, caus unless you know what your doing, youll stuff it up

8. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

I had to smoke three times before I finally got high, and I did inhale correctly. The first time I smoked, I got enough smoke in me that I almost immediately began coughing,but I stopped my self, and inhaled a lot of air. I didn't get high then, even though much of the smoke still got into my lungs.

The time after that, I didn't even have any probelsm smoking it. I just didn't get high. It finally took smoking out of an apple with my sister, and finally it worked.

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh but its most probable that this dude wasnt inhaling properly as well

it just takes perserverence

the chance that youll never get high is so small it is a conclusion you can only make if youve smoked weed properly like over 5 times

10. AbloodmoneyA

AbloodmoneyA Member

I didn't get high the first time or the second, and I took lots of really big hits(smoke has never bothered my throat). Just be patient.

11. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

Yeah, a lot of it is actually noticing the effects that the weed is having on you. I mean, the first time I smoked, I didn't feel stoned... But I looked it.

12. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

I beg to differ sir, my first time smoking anything was weed and I inhaled and everything and got TOTALLY baked my first time without coughing

13. Fandango

Fandango Member

14. AnarchistScott

AnarchistScott Member

yup inhaling is probably the most common reason why people cant get high

wot most noobies to smoking will do wen they smoek a joint is use there cheek muscles to inhale the smoke, this is the same method used to suck water out of a straw. however this method is crap, as most of the smoke will stay in ur mouth and therefor u dont get high....

to avoid this try taking a toke out of a splif leaving gaps either side of the joint so u get air as well, this means u will need to take bigger breaths an therefor use ur lungs to get a toke....u could also smoke out of wide tubed bongs keeping ur mouth open as u take a hit to get used to using ur lungs as sucktion. or u could also take a toke as u normally do but as u take the joint away from ur mouth breath in sum air, this will get the smoke thats in ur mouth into ur lungs.

i sumtimes use the cheek suction method as a way to take a toke out of a joint but not actually getting any higher, i do this for example wen ive had way to much (im a bit of a lightweight) and im on the verge of a wighty but i dont wanna seem like a pussy with my mates.

happy tokin!

15. ElectricLady

ElectricLady Member

Make sure you are hitting it and taking the smoke into your lungs, and not just into your mouth.

I didn't get high the first 2 times I smoked. The 2nd time I smoked, I thought I was high, but it wasn't until the 3rd time I smoked that it hit me. I remember just looking around the room and then I just started laughing, and I thought, "oh, this is what being high's like!"

Man, there's nothing like your first high...so don't give up!! (lol)

16. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

17. millownotme

millownotme Member

I have a friend who didn't get high the first time he did it, i told him how to inhale and he looked like he was doing it right. I was blazed out of my mind, i wouldn't even sit up strait without laughing. and he still wasn't. I dunno why, but alot of people dont feel it the first time they do it

18. entropy

entropy Member

the thing is, marijana produces ''reversed tolerance'' which means that first-time smokers need to smoke more to produce effects which regular smokers get easily... that's because thc stays long in your metabolism, and then reduces the tolerance level for next doses

19. entropy

entropy Member

that's what i'm talking about... it's ''reversed tolerance''

TanekRune likes this.
  20. TanekRune

TanekRune Members

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the first time I smoked, I was not nearly as high as the people around me. A few times later, it started kicking my ass hard enough to swear I had astral projected accidentally