Who smokes the most cannabis per capita in the world?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Price Watch' started by ~Zen~, Aug 7, 2023.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

New York City, according to a news article in the diarioelindependiente.mx news site.

62.3 metric tons per year!

Sydney, Australia is second place, and third place (surprisingly) is Los Angeles!

Funny, as it's illegal in Sydney, but legal in LA.

There's a lot more of interest to know about this at the link here:
    This Is How Much Weed Costs in 140 Cities Across the World

"Tokyo has the most expensive cannabis (whose consumption is illegal), with 33.8 dollars per gram, while Montreal (where it is legal) is at the opposite extreme, at $5.9." According to the Mexican news.

"Portland has the cheapest LEGAL marijuana, with 7 dollars per gram. On the other hand, Bangalore, India, has the cheapest illegal cannabis, with 6 dollars per gram.

How much does it cost where you are?

MeAgain likes this.
  2. Time Out of Mind

Time Out of Mind Members

IMG_0027.jpeg

Here in Michigan prices are all over the map. We definitely had an oversupply the first half of the year. Prices tanked in February. I was buying 20+ percent thc GG4 ounces for $40 regularly for a couple of months. Plenty of other strains were also at that price point. Of course there’s the 6% sales tax added, and another 10% for those without a Medical card.

As for $6 a gram, I can buy 1g pre-roll for 6 bucks, and add another for just $3 more. Life is good

MeAgain likes this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

It used to be a trailer in a trailer park I'd frequent, but that was years ago.

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

bout ten bucks a gram in new orleans legal, and illegal about fifteen per gram

MeAgain and ~Zen~ like this.
  5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

That's a twist! Usually the legal is more expensive than the stuff on the black market :)

Whatever, I am happy you can get legal cannabis in New Orleans... it is a party town after all !!!