Which of the 4 gospels do you think is the most accurate?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by TrumpCards, Apr 30, 2018.

?

Which?

1. Matthew

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Luke

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. John

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I say Luke.

Matthew is similar to Luke and more entertaining, but I feel it’s kess accurate.

Mark doesn’t go into details too much, but it’s the only one that suggested that Jesus survived his crucification by passing out from blood loss.

As for John, the only part of that book I liked was “The Word”.

2. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

All of them.

Deidre likes this.
  3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The Gospel Of Thomas.

wilsjane and Monkey Boy like this.
  4. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

Mark was probably written first and may have fewer editorial additions. Matthew changes Mark's account in a few places. Luke was aimed at Gentiles and may have changed some of the more "Jewish" references. John is considered the least accurate by true bible scholars. My favorite is Matthew only because it includes the Sermon on the Mount. I have a hard time understanding the Gospel of Thomas.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I like the one where Jesus just tells people to be nice to the poor and love one another and basically teaches people how to not be selfish twats, and doesnt get too deep into the supernatural stuff or the "I am the way to heaven" stuff. Which one is that?

And I like when Jesus walks into the market like a bad ass and overturns the tables of the money changers. Like a boss, Jesus .

6. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Gospel of Thomas. I'm glad something survived Constantine's book burning.

Aerianne likes this.
  7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Luke I guess. He was a historian.

8. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I'm thinking you're referring to "I am the way, the truth, and the life", which is John 14:6.

9. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. All are important, relating to what Jesus did and accomplished while here on earth. I have read all 4 in succession many times. A great way to grasp the mental disposition of Jesus and learn from the illustrations that he used while teaching.

Deidre likes this.
  10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I somewhat doubt that any of the disciples had the literary capacity to write the testaments. While I am not suggesting that they are fake, the method and depth of description of events would have been down to the scribes who documented them.
    I also wonder whether the authors of the bible edited them to remove duplication.

11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

And what did the other 7 do wrong, not even to have a few lines included in the bible.

12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

That’s why it’s called faith. It’s not a science or history book. Much of one’s belief in the Bible comes through faith.

wilsjane likes this.
  13. Kerri

Kerri Members

None of them. They're all fiction.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.