Where is US heading?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by HikerHauk, Apr 7, 2006.

1. HikerHauk

HikerHauk Banned

"We'll let our friends be the peacekeepers and the great country called America will be the peacemaker."
    --George W. Bush
    --Houston, Texas, Sep. 6, 2000

We are in peace. And we won't be the peacekeepers of this "peacemaker".
    I wonder why I've never heard this sort of fuck out of the leaders of other countries, say other permanent members of UN security council. And how a reasonable man can be so arrogant. Yet he get elected again. Where is our "peacemaker" heading? Fascism? Too bad, they brought a World War. And what will US bring forth?

2. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

Where is U.S. heading?
    I am inclined to believe further eastwards;shall we say stopping off at Iran then a sharp turn up towards North Korea?.

3. dricas24

dricas24 Member

I am not sure but I dont like where it is, it seems to be getting worse.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well there are cracks appearing from time to time in the united corporatocratic, 'faschist, pseudo-christian facade.

the direction it has been taking us is certainly and evil one. and overall we're far from having yet turned arround on it.

if it were to continue to have its way, well yes, we ARE in the deep doodoo already. and the bushwacker is about to take the bate and extend the 'unstopable' blitzcrieg accross yet another 'bridge of pearls'.

somehow i doubt he's ever read sun tsu, or understood the concept. hitler didn't either. rumsfield and others who are actualy pulling the mad cowboy's strings are stratigests who must surely know of these concepts, yet appearantly feel too invincable to concern themselves with them.

in the mean time of course, conditions you and i have to live with, continue to deteriorate. well some of what we're spoiled by can only diminish anyway, based as it is on the vested and inconsiderate exploitation of the misfortune of others.

but there is much which does not.
    there are many ways in which our world could actualy be a much better one for everyone then it is. though mostly they would consist of leaving it and each other alone.

many ways of being better but still arrogantly moving in the direction of being worse.
    on the basis of many pretentions, a few still finding wide acceptance.
    this last aspect that makes these deprivations possible, is not however a perminent condition.

so what will happen when it does will be what it will.
    i would like to be able to do more to turn it arround.
    but i'll not flatter myself to immagine the possession of heroic super powers.
    only the assurance of diversity being the nature of reality and that tyrant's bones rot, just like anyone else's.

=^^=
    .../\...

5. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

My first thought is "more of the same."

We certainly don't seem to be getting any less arrogant or more humble. Our foreign policy isn't winning us any friends, hearts or minds. Our educational system isn't doing much to prepare us for the challenges of the future. We're not a country where we make stuff.

If we're not in deep trouble now, we will be soon. We're going to have to make some big changes. Trying to be the peacemaker of the world is not working. Our people need to become better educated, particularly in math, science, history and foreign languages. We need to invest in our economy and our infrastructure.

Cheap oil is no longer a reality, and it's going to get worse rather than better. We're going to have to see big changes in our economy. We've allowed our cities to rot, and our transportation system to become too automobile-centered. Changing that won't come fast or easy, and I don't see much movement in that direction any time soon.

In a few years, we're going to be a country of poor people sitting around asking, "What happened?"