What is your opinion on Vladimir Putin?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midgardsun, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was also quoting the Simpsons episode where Sideshow Bob runs for election.

Homer;

Well I don't agree with his Bart killing policies..
    ... but I do agree with his Selma killing policies.

*Tick*
    ✔️

:D

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

This is one of those whimsical comments that is just misplaced. You know it. And you only mean it at the time you had that thought. I think we should flatten your town and all the people in it :)

Yes, IS should be wiped out.. mainly for all those locals which you so easily call collateral damage if theyre in the wrong spot at the wrong time.. and with that smiley face. I'm no stranger to inappropriate jokes or blunt remarks that can be funny but it depends on the time and place.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The only thing I take away from that is;

If I don't care about the collateral damage, why do I care what they do to their own people?

Now I have to ask myself, do I care? I mean I don't like the suffering of innocents. Do I honestly think there's a quality of life for the innocent community in these lands? No. If there was there wouldn't be refugees flooding the world trying to escape.

That might be it for me, in a nut shell. Quality of life. And a quality of life isn't what they have at the moment and will never have so long as the men actively carry on with their religious efforts.

The ones who don't want to live there have fled. And those that don't want to live there and haven't, I'm sure there's very good reasons for that, but everyone knows you can't help those that won't help themselves.

So, with the refugees out of the picture, why can't we flatten the land and every one in it? Are our western ways going to miss it? I doubt it. Do I think the world would be a better place without it all? Yes I do.

That's how I feel at the moment anyway. The ones that want nothing to do with it and don't believe in the ideals are knocking on my countries door. The ones who judge us wrong and want to kill us are still there in their dismal lands. You aren't going to miss them either and why should I feel bad? The Americans didn't feel bad when they nuked the Japanese, and they didn't think stopping the trains going into the death camps was all that important either. I reckon that 80% of the people we want gone are there right now and so it gives me thrills to watch those rockets come in and BOOOOOM. I love dat shit! Go Putin. :)

4. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

So, if the Nazis had persisted in the war and if the Americans used nukes on them as well to end the war in the western sphere, do you think it would have been a good thing as well !

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If the Nazis had persisted in the war they'd have dropped the bomb on America. ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Like Trump, he has a pre-adolescent male bully's preoccupation with toughness as virility, and appeals to the inner pre-adolescent in his followers. The world is their playground. I have visions of the two of them riding shirtless on a horse into the sunset. If they find a Clydesdale, they might fit Kim Jon Un on there too.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Well, I guess we are lucky that the Fuhrer was an imbecile when it came to generalship, and his military blunders helped the allies to win the day for democracy and freedom.

Imho, the germans were a heavily conditioned lot lacking the capacity for independent thinking, and this is why they fell for Hitler's superficial charisma and deluded arguments. And the inability to think independently without the influence of conditioning , is a major vice in itself and and paved the path forward for defeat and loss of sovereignty.

8. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

It wasn't exactly democracy and freedom for some of the Allies - Russia had to wait decades. Have they even really got it now?

I think it's a bit of a generalization to say the Germans lacked capacity for independent thought. Whilst it's true that Germany was much more authoritarian than many other European countries, it was and remains one of the world leaders in many ways. There have been many independent German thinkers, from Kant to Heidegger, Goethe to Thomas Mann to Rudolph Steiner.
    If you look at Britain during that period, I'd say the Brits were pretty well conditioned too. Because of the 'victory' in WWI the conditioning took a different form, but was still a potent force.
    Had we lost the First World War, maybe we'd have had our own homegrown version of Hitler.

9. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Where there is authoritarianism there is bound to be more of conditioning and less of independent thought.

A robot maybe highly efficient and can achieve superior production, but it is still a robot.

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

What "ISIS policies" has he killed? His actions against ISIS have been sporadic. Most of the killings of jihadists have been ISIS's opponents.

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But instead we bombed them out of commission.

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Yes. authoritarian dictators are so cool. Like Kim Jog un--whata guy! He'll make the textbooks for sure!

13. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Both statements are obviously true. Still, a human being isn't exactly a robot.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You really mean the Russians though, right?

A lot of American pilots weren't allowed to fly at night because they kept getting lost and bombing innocent towns in the process of being lost. :D

What you really want to say is "the Russians defeated Germany while we American pissed farted about in the forests on the borders taking all the credit from a bomb in the pacific theatre.

:D

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

More Alternative facts from the Alt Right!
    https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEVzCV3aRYfO4AHUFXNyoA;ylu=X3oDMTEybW80bG9uBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQTAyNzFfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=u.s.+bombings+of+Germany
    http://www.choices.edu/resources/supplemental_fogofwar_ww2.php
    http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/battle-of-dresden
    http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/world-war-two/the-bombing-campaign-of-world-war-two/the-bombing-of-dresden/

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Piss farting about in the forests!!! :D

17. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The Germans lacked the capacity to bomb the U.S. mainland. The U.S. is 3,600 miles away and Germany had no bombers with that range, which must be doubled if the bomber is to return. There were plans for an Amerika bomber but it was never developed.

They had no aircraft carriers.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Poor Dresden. <3 a city that manufactured cigarettes.

I visit Dresden at least once a year. :) her high rises still remain, black and burned.

i don't obviously know how Dresden was pre bombing, but it's a beautiful city to visit today. I reccommend for anyone who wants to explore a more cultural Germany. Hit the market square for some morning beers, you might just see me there shopping and drinking too in the arts and crafts parts.

1 person likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Germany didn't really need aircraft carriers or long range aircraft though they were having more success bombing the London with the V rockets from mainland Europe.

My grandad told me in his way, that they needed the war over very quickly which was the intent of the Blitzkrieg. Shock and awe, hit them hard, demoralize and move on to the next.

Now I cannot remember the name of the lake anymore but somewhere north east, was a plant that was starting to manufacture special weapons, included uranium and nuclear efforts. The bomb was in production.

Of course though, it was going to take some years to develop and the plans were inevitably scrapped as they didn't have years, they needed to win now.

A lot of the waste and uranium was sealed up completely and then buried in this body of water. If you google it, it may come up with results as I've also seen a documentary on the history channel mentioning the disposal of the nuclear production.

So there were major technilogical advances from the V1-V2 rockets.

I'd suggest, that since Japan was on axis grounds, they'd have dropped the bomb on America, or, if Germany really had the time and resources, which it didn't because all the factories started to be bombed, I wonder if they'd have made a rocket good enough to get to America.

The V2 rocket is still like, in ways, more accurate and can travel further than these idiots in the Middle East can design. :D

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Germany needed aircraft carriers if they wanted to bomb the U.S....they had none.

They never developed a nuclear bomb or the means to deliver it. Granted, given time they probably would have, that's why the U.S. entering the war was so important. England was on the ropes supported only by the loss of thousands of merchant seaman sent out into Germany's wolf packs with little to protect them in order to supply England.

If the U.S hadn't entered the war, England would have fallen losing a base for the U.S. to assault Europe and Germany would have been able to concentrate on Russia and defeat her...then Germany would have had all the time she needed.