What is your opinion on Vladimir Putin?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midgardsun, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Aren't you russian? Your real opinion could actually be worth sharing.

2. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

The chapter of this book is still in the process of being written. I hope that somehow it does not end up being the horror story to end all time.

3. Asmodean

^
    Like Iran? ;) :D Just kidding, that seems an israelic horror story.

4. 123Souljah123

123Souljah123 Members

Yep Im Russian. What u want exactly to know ? Aske me )

5. Asmodean

I would just like to hear your opinion on Putin. If you're not anonymous (didn't check your link, and if it leads to site with your real name) you might wanna change that before expressing :p

6. 123Souljah123

123Souljah123 Members

I dunno how ur Mass Media show's u Putin, but if any1 ask me - who is better , obama or putin ? i will say in 200% - Putin. He dont start any wars for money, dont make REvolution's, dont try to bring his "democracy" in country's like Iraq, Afganistan, Libya and now Ukraine. He's not stupid like Bush, he dont make such Idiotic mistakes like Obama with his anti-russia 2015 plan and sanctions which only make's life harder for PPl's. And that's why USA fear's Putin, hes number 1 Politic's on Forbes chart in 2014. He's rly good politic who know what to say and what don't. Well i know dat ur Mass media show's u Putin like Terrorist or some Thug mafia leader who want to Rape whole world like Hitler or etc. Even if i say to u that's it's not true u don't believe me )
    If u think that we are brainwashed here ur totally mistake, just remember BOing who was crashed in Ukraine? Ur MSM tell's that Russian Donbass People's Militia shut it down, they show photo, some video's, and on the next day obama show new sanction's to Russia list, that's all, no evidence, no spectator's, Donbass Terrorist support's by Russian government crash plane that's all.... this how ur MSM work's brainwashed nation )

7. Asmodean

You didn't really gave your opinion on Putin. It's mostly about Obama and how you want us not to picture Russia.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

9. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

Please.
    I'm glad that Putin has served you well as a pin-up poster, but the US isn't afraid of The Supernigger Putin, lol. There's this fantasy that the US and Western Europe are cowering in the fetal position the moment he takes off his shirt for a photoshoot when his posturing is just that - a circus show.
    Putin dick-suckers praise him and his glorious victories against the depravity of the West, yet Russia is famously corrupt and Putin is right in the thick of it - orchestrating bullshit PR, abuse of police power, suppression of opponents, cronyism, personal moral failings, etc.
    People have developed this tendency to fawn over him as some traditionalist hero and a comic book he-man savior of conservative morality. It's a joke.
    He's the leader of a failed state and is presiding over an ongoing flight of capital from his country.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I just get a warm feeling when I see a pic of him,he is not a bad person.........

11. Asmodean

Not sure why you quoted me. I didn't ask you, and you didn't really gave an elaborated or determined opinion.

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

There seems to be this running strain of thought of those in Eastern Europe and Russia - that the western media is brainwashing the western population. OK, fair enough; I think most people on this forum know western media leaves a lot to be desired and is certainly not to be trusted. But the other side is - is their media any better? It's like this absurd sort of argument that their information is clearer and more righteous (to steal one of Asmo's favorite words) even though no one disputes their media is actually directly influenced by the very government they are meant to be reporting on. It makes no sense, and to me just highlights that the 'brainwashing' goes both ways. I mean just look at Souljah's post - not a single bit of it even entertains the notion that Putin might be in error in any part of this; even though Putin is directly supporting violence. (If he weren't, why would he engage in peace talks for a conflict he has nothing to do with?) You'll find westerner's all over more than willing to say either Obama (and other Western leaders, this shit isn't all about Obama and Putin) is a total nutter to "I really don't agree with how he handles certain things." Ask a Putin supporter and you just get how great he is. If he's so great you'd think he might choose the economy his people have to live in rather than the politics and bloodshed happening on his back door.

As an aside, I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the term 'brainwashing' to begin with. Someone has a different point of view and they're "brainwashed". What a lazy way to try to discredit dissenting opinions.

2 people like this.
  13. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I think he'd make a great uncle...Uncle Vlad.

3 people like this.
  14. dopestats

dopestats Guest

Non-western media does not have the uniformity you find in Western Media. The U.S is 50 states, each with it's own set of States' Rights, but they are still governed by federal law. The U.S government loves this fact because it makes running the country easier tax-wise, and probably in other areas too. Head over to the other side of the world and there are so many countries next to each other, which ultimately leads to less uniformity and perhaps multiple, unique first-hand accounts of information and events.

That said, Putin does like to project that he has no doubt when it comes to issues. He probably thinks, like many do, that a strong leader cannot show doubt or it could be seen as a weakness. Just look at him addressing the press on Edward Snowden

15. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Fox News and other networks agree on absolutely nothing.

16. dopestats

dopestats Guest

agreed :). Fox News is terrible and very opinionated. I mean, just look how they destroy a story about Russian's taking a 10 percent pay cut, and turn it into "Putin will presumably still be able to afford his manly vacations, which include fishing, shooting and scuba diving."

Jesus Christ just report the fucking news. Original story here

17. Asmodean

If this thread is going to be about american networks like Fox, people like Souljah have succeeded. This thread is about OUR opinions on Putin. The only russian that recently posted in here so far has not really fully answered this question and seems to relay the focus.
    Yes, our opinions better be informed, and yes, western media is subject to bias too but at least they can criticize the shit out of everything. The fact that you can't do that most of the time as a russian journalist should already tell us something. Shutting down the opposition like the russian government does (not primarily talking about that recent murder, but just the media and political opposition in general, I mean take your time and go for in an depth look) is not a sign of a strong leader, it is a sign of weakness, and in the end a sign of fear.

18. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Some of the posts on this thread are pure comedy. Its a bit like getting some cavemen to comment on baroque artists or something.

What I find most amazing is how some people will believe any rubbish they read in their local press. Like it was supposedly bomb a country to smithereens because it had "weapons of mass destruction". Or "ok" to kill 2.8 MILLION Vietnamese civillians because "all Commies are evil".

Lets take a look at some of the last AMERICAN presidents. Bush snr created Al Qaeda and called them "freedom fighters". Bush Jnr was an election rigger and a war criminal on a MASSIVE scale. And ofcourse Obama continued the murder and meddling and had a Nazi junta overthrow a democratic govt in Europe.
    Ooops and lets not forget that Obama CREATED ISIS to force the Russia leaning president out of Syria. Despite Putin's protestations. And in Europe, there have been upper class, inbred monsters like Blair and Cameron as their poodles.

And FTR Putin is massively more popular than ANY NATO head of state. Much of NATO doesn't even have ANY form of election for its head of state (let alone the bent elections that Bush got in on).

Perhaps the armchair statesmen here would prefer a change from Putin? What would you like? Communists? Or Nationalists? You'll struggle to find any support for a Yeltsin style lapdog. So you better learn to accept Putin. Ahhh isn't life tough.. you can't choose EVERYONE'S president for them!

There's some seriously bizarre reasoning in this thread. :rolleyes:

19. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Citizens of the EU and the US would be better advised to worry about their own situation. Caused by THEIR so called politicians.

Rather than believing the comedy stories written by Faux News and Co.
    Looking at America's debt situation and the Eurozone stagnation, not to mention immigrant unrest etc it looks a classic case of media creating bullshit to divert the attention of the sheeple.

20. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't have an opinion I'd like to share but apparently lots of others do because there are hella Putin memes.