What is your opinion on Vladimir Putin?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midgardsun, Jul 2, 2011.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

For some reason I’m oddly opinionated about this man... I don’t understand why or my feelings about him.

2. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

He is a Homophobic piece of dog poop.

3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

The most powerful person on the planet

4. ^according to Forbes list, that's Xi Jinping, and Putin is number two :p

But yes, I don't think anyone can deny it, no matter what's their personal view of Putin and his politics.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I can't deny it with certainty but sincerely doubt it he should be second place on that list. How is it measured/decided anyway. Jingping on 1 makes sense.

6. I dunno

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He's pretty fly for a white guy.

8. Asmodean

Why?

9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He may not have a clue
    And he may not have style
    But everything he lacks
    Well he makes up in denial

10. I think he is very capable.
    Although one could argue that if he was really so capable and such a good leader, he wouldn't need to resort to murders of political opponents and journalists, and so on.
    I also think that not every country/society/culture is suitable for liberal democracy the way we know it.

11. Asmodean

I don't wish russians the exact same system we have, but they deserve something better than this flawed democracy they have now. Many russians think so too it seems. Putin is unfortunately only capable of running the country as he does now it seems. So despite his intelligence he is not the person to move Russia forward (in any way, not just the way i might like). In fact, Putin in his current position is holding it back.

12. sherman march

sherman march Members

as soon as the Russian plutocracy ceases to profit from Putin being in power, he will be gone one way or another.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

Sexy as hell

14. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Sexwise, like what you said, but I think that is true of lots of people in power.

15. Rehab44

Rehab44 Members

He is just another dictator in a long line of dictators, the Russians love their dictators, so much so that they get re-elected by 110% of the populace :tongueout:

Tishomingo likes this.
  16. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The west blundered in not developing russian democratic institutions, culture and free press to optimal levels, and instead bullied and arm-twisted Russia under Yeltsin to adhere to their petty interests, till Putin came up.

Putin, thus, is just a reaction to western interference in russian state affairs, and for that matter, a western creation.

This showcases the ineffectiveness of western foreign policy and statesmanship, and its poor leadership.

A truly democratic Russia with healthy democratic institutions and free press, would have had a domino effect in nearby China as well.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  17. Eezee

Eezee Members

Smart man keeping America busy fighting itself over nothing of course Russia,China and any other country we are not at peace with is trying to manage different news and forums toward the person that they feel they can manage just as we do to them and other countries around it’s what’s in your countries or higher ups do for power