What do you think happens when you die?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by bukkakeguy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

ill probably be one those damn orbs in the field I cant catch on camera.. but just sits there and there and there like fuck you man .. Ohm...

mysticblu21 and Irminsul like this.
  2. You stay in your body, dead, but the energy remains and still communicates, and you experience this whole other realm of "being." Because all of that energy still is. But you look like a dead person and nobody talks to you.

Irminsul likes this.
  3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

someone turned off a light. maybe if you're lucky, someone else will turn one back on again.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a great many people go one living, with very little awareness that i am not.

unless of course, humanity becomes extinct, in a very short period of time.
    then all bets are off.

now this is a thing that gets to me.
    you have people who believe there are all kinds of gods and devils and demons and angles, and who knows what all else,
    but don't believe there is any sort of after life or reincarnation or any of it,
    so could someone explain to me, what is for them, the whole entire or even some small part, the point of their doing so?

5. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

According to religion, you are burning in hell for not believing a selfish god.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

according to some sects of some religions.

everything bagel likes this.
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

Certain 3 religions which share smilarity.

8. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

By religion, I refer to certain 3 religions that share the same god.

9. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

The same selfish god who puts you in hell forever for not believing in its existance.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

to me it is somewhat illogical to limit our awareness to the box of what we're familiar with. and to judge a whole catagory of anything on the bases of such a small sample.
    that may be because i believe in the unknown being unknown. lao tsu, baha'u'llah, and the guy who started sikhism, also taught closer to my own perceptions.
    nor do even all of the sects of the three you mentioned, have that idea, that the god they all worship, is somehow indebted to what they claim or believe to know about it.

i mean look at it this way; if a god is a god, doesn't that give it more leeway to define itself, then anything, any belief or book or religious leader, even one who may have channeled that god, whatever their perceptions of it might happen to be?

now personally i don't feel i can trust the idea of anything wishing to be feared being good, and if you look at the history, i know a lot of people don't want to look at anything that has multiple sources to back it up, but these ideas like hell and angels and demons and all of that sort of thing, they have a known and tracable history of humans having come up with them.

sure in much older times then any of these books, and with the very best of intentions to discourage people from bullying each other, but my point is, these are still human things,
    and the unknown, whatever god or gods there might be, being beyond human knowledge, they have no obligation to be anything like, what the majority of the followers of these beliefs,
    who haven't look closely into the history or even the spirit and intent of their beliefs, make these kind of common assumptions about them.

11. parua

parua Members

I used to believe in an afterlife, even after I stopped believing in an anthropomorphic god. I think I've lost a lot of magic, now, over the years. Unless I could ever find proof of a consciousness, I'll consider my existence to be as impermanent as anything else I've encountered.

Maybe some day I'll have the magic back, but until then, I figure that a memory of parua will be the closest thing to an after for me - even that won't last. Existence is still really interesting though.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

As I rested peacefully last night I was awoken by a dream about a spider falling on my head. I realised at that moment that even during death I would never be allowed to rest.

13. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

Biologically, you wont even feel as much as a plant does after you die but according to religion, you are supposed to feel a lot after you die.

Do you believe in the religion?

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

what religion?

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I believe that when I die, a gorgeous woman on horseback will trample down from the heavens and take me to Walhalla where I will be indoctrinated in the ways of the Valkyrie.

16. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

All 3 of them makes one religion. You know what it is.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

is this some sorta holy trinity shit?

18. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

Jewish, Christianity and Islam are the religion (single).

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm sorry, but my gods don't come from nor belong in distant desert sands.

everything bagel and Grandeur like this.
  20. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

I see.