What do you think happens when you die?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by bukkakeguy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I liked the 6th sense. I know a lot don't or didn't but I did.

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It's probably a useful evolutionary strategy to make you try your best to stay alive.

My gut instinct is that we are infinite and eternal but I have no idea what that means in practise.

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

It's one of those movies I was grateful to see before having the ending ruined. I thought it was awesome.

5. Niamh2636

Niamh2636 Members

What happens when you die.....

Nothing, you're just dead. It's as simple as that.

6. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I like to believe in reincarnation, if I think of the soul as matter of some kind, and it can't be created or destroyed then it must be recycled. I don't believe in heaven or hell. I think that our consciousness just exists in the cosmos somewhere. I don't buy into religion.

7. I find no comfort in reincarnation.

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I just find the idea frustrating.. The idea that a future incarnation won't remember being me. If I could make some kind of deal with whoever is in charge to let me remember then I'd go for that.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If I believe in anything it would be reincarnation, but not really in the sense that *I* am going to come back as someone or something else. i look at it more as being that all consciousness is a fragment of a greater whole...so if we're all part of something greater, then when each of us dies our consciousness simply awakens somewhere else as another fragment

I dont know if I really believe that. But thats as close as I come to believing in anything of a spiritual nature

10. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

You did better than I did.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'll have maggots on my face and three quarters of my body, they be running through my veins like an IV eating up my flesh blood to take control of this lifeless corpse dead girl without a soul. I try to maintain while they crawl threw my bloodstream, I can feel them moving from my neck to my brain to my eyelids and to the back of my spine, from my feet on up to my motherfucken mind. They wanna take control of my body and wreak havoc on the suckers upstairs that try to rob my fucken casket. I be Drinking blood like a 40oz of formeldahyde with my 9mm, good for pulling drive bys. My two bangs and a sawed off shotgun and any sucker get within two feet, I pop em. So now you have a taste, beware in any case, cause that's how I'm living straight from the maggot face. :D

RetiredHippie likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What about The Others? (I love it)

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like it too. I've seen it a few times now though and not really pushed to watch it again. It's not actually scary, the scariest part is when the kid is playing and she looks like an old woman.

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I need to see that again. Haven't seen it since it was new. I enjoyed that twist ending too.

15. HipFashion

HipFashion Members

There is no such thing as "you". "You" are a result of many different experiences. Your consciousness didn't always generate thoughts, for example when you were a baby. When you were a baby, you did not perceive boundaries between yourself and the world. You were one. Boundaries are a function of the mind, but in reality, there are no boundaries. Just because you feel your emotions, perceive your thoughts, and see with your eyes doesn't mean you're separate from other people. We do not experience reality first-hand, but as a mirror. We don't hear sound, but create it from sound-waves. We don't feel getting stabbed, our body creates pain when it is stabbed. Everything "you" are depends on outside perceptions, including moral and ideological ideas, and enlightenment. And perceptions are based on the outside world.

So what will happen when the structure called "you" dies? You can learn for yourself if you observe "yourself" long enough. It can only happen once to my knowledge, if you experience it. You're fully conscious, and yet, there's no self to be found, and no realization that anything of the sort is happening until afterward. You're purely nothing and everything at the same time. That's what it's like.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I experienced ego death once. It was pretty far out. But once I realized it happened it was over... Because I was realizing shit again.

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't know, but I'm sure I'll be a lot less fun at parties

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the universe owes nothing to what we find comfort in.
    however,
    whatever you choose to imagine,
    ifinity minus one, other possibilities, are no less likely.

these include even known belief of course,
    but also, many times more of things never yet imagined.

there might of course be nothing,
    but even that, is only one,
    among infinity minus one others.

beachbum86 and neonspectraltoast like this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Not neccessarily

giphy (6).gif

20. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

When I die. The world ends.

(Well for me anyways.)