What do you think happens when you die?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by bukkakeguy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

2. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

This is more my genre

3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I believe in some type of afterlife, but it’s kind of abstract.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

I made it to the 28 second mark...

RetiredHippie and Cliff Unicorn like this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

serial mortality appeals to my sense of intuitive probability. to which of course, nothing owes anything.
    with the at least possibility, of some sort of non-physical r&r place, between physical lives.

the idea of anything, even complete and absolute death, being eternal, just feels counter intuitive to me.
    but life after death after life after death, i really see no problem with.

the only caveat being, that what is not known, owes nothing to anything.

(you know what would be nice, each of us get sent to whatever we imagine. so be careful what you choose to imagine. but also in a world, completely based on how we acted, so maybe pay attention to that too. not judgement, not punishment and reward, just completely, mechanically, impartial.

still not eternal though. anything other then a universe being eternal is still counter intuitive.
    and changing, everything continuing to change, that being eternal too feels possible. but not you know, like just one for ever 'afterlife', no eternal heaven, hell, limbo or whatever.)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

when i die? women around the world will fall into a deep depression.

neonspectraltoast likes this.
  7. I don't know, but I'm going to be kind of scared shitless if there's all kinds of people around I thought were dead. Forever is a long time. I'm not so sure I want to spend all this time with these people. I hope you can get lost in Heaven so that I don't end up, you know, playing pinochle with aunt Matilda for a thousand years.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

my god its full of stars..

9. Josh Johnson

Josh Johnson Members

It seems that as unlikely as it is that anything exists(exist meaning as I perceive it), then there just might be a reason that everything exists, and so that might suggest some type of consciousness after the death of this body. Religions tend to support this but could just be wishful thinking but if so it is a condition of thinking for most people. Some would say I existed before I was born but I don't remember. If I did not exist it really does not bother me but if I did it would be nice to have a few memories of it. So if I continue to exist after death I hope I realize it.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if its big enough for everybody it ought to be big enough to not have to be around people you don't want to be.
    and if its big enough to always be big enough for everybody, it must be big enough to be able to get away from everybody completely.

you have maybe some reason to worry about these people you thought were safely dead? lol.

i wouldn't worry too much.
    any one world is such a tiny fraction of the rest of the universe, the odds are billions in favor of everyone you meet not being a human from earth.

maybe its not even all one place. maybe everyone you'd be worried about getting stuck with,
    will have already been randomly scattered to being born back into physical life on as many different worlds.

my faith is in strangeness. with infinity minis one vs any one possibility.
    what i mean, is no offense to whatever might actually exist,
    but unlike anything we might expect seems to me more likely then anything we do.

11. Helen86

Helen86 Members

Your body breaks down and the atoms become something else. No idea if the consciousness survives death or, if it does, what happens to it.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'll ride my two horned unicorn, Greycliffe across the rainbow bridge. :)

Cliff Unicorn likes this.
  13. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Amen :innocent:

Irminsul likes this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not an ever after but another after and another after that. including births and deaths, each on worlds completely different and unimaginable to those of other and previous lives.

i know what would be nice; never hungry and never tired and a fascinating forest that goes on for ever in the x and y, mountainous in the z.
    oh and you could make things too.

another childhood on another physical world, and another after that and another, and the lives that come after them too.
    and everyone of them a completely different as life forms evolved on different worlds are completely different, including even all the different ways of being born, hatched and budding off and so on.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

From dust to dust

16. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

LOL the OP's name

17. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

A pessimist is afraid they'll have to do it all over again, while an optimist is afraid they might be right. So, I try not think about it too much. A guy has to have dreams and I prefer them to not be about how hotdogs are made, since I don't eat them.

What if God was one of us? Would my rent go up? Would I have to move away from God? Maybe God just prefers to be anonymous, which is something I can really respect about death as well.

Irminsul likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm not sure what I actually fear about death and why. It's not the afterlife, I don't believe I have an eternity of Hell awaiting me, and even if I did it does not scare me. I don't believe I'll be in heaven either, or traversing the universe as energy. There'll be no rainbow bridge for me, no double horned unicorn. Maybe that's what scares me? That I know there's nothing.

Its more a question of my own mortality I guess, if there is nothing then why am I here? Were we created for a purpose and if so what is it specifically for me? I guess that's why I've always lived on a whim I think might be the correct term.

I don't think I believe in reincarnation for all, maybe some people but not all. Likewise I wont put down the notion of religious beliefs but I don't believe it's for all, even if you do believe, I just don't think it's for all. I think if it does hold ground then only a select few souls make it through the gates, that's why there's limbo. Realistically though I don't believe any of that.

19. Tyrsonswood

20. I guess seeing people is different when you're dead. When I'm alive I don't want to see people who have died, though. It's gross. But maybe when I'm dead I will.