What do you think happens when you die?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by bukkakeguy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you look at the earth, the earth is one plain surface. What's above life and below life is death and that's where we are. There's so many levels of death above and below, where you're at in life, it is compliced, it goes on for eternity. There's millions of levels of stagnant death and we're waiting for you to join us.

You see, the dead are always watching you through the eyes of the vulture. Through the eyes of the birds, because that way they can soar. They can watch what you're doing. Basically they're just watching em' for entertainment purposes because it's funny that you fear death, you fear it and it wants you to taste it. And you can't have it enough and they're just waiting for you to join them.

It's funny when you think about religion and science and all that and they think they can put their finger on what it is, but really they don't know the slightest thing of what death is. I mean, when you lay down to sleep and your body goes into a state of unconciousness, that's like the closest to what death you could ever witness in life, but even that doesn't take you anywhere near what death really is. I mean, when you wake up from a dream, you're talking about how great it was and what you experienced and that's all nothing, that's all minute compare to what death actually is. What your thoughts are and what reality is are two completely different things.

To actually experience death is beyond anybody's wildest imagination, beyond any writer's philosophies or anything like that.

To have experienced death myself I'll say I would rather run with the dead. I would rather run with the masses.

I'd rather become what is forgotten here in this life.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

When A "Rolls Royce" Breaks Down The Company Never Describes It As Such.......

They Just Say " It Failed To Proceed"......So I Guess When I "Fall Off My Perch" It Will

Will Be A Classic Example Of " Falling To Proceed".......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

People say there is no one that "knows" what death is like, or about - and yet there are many instances/examples of people that have technically died and them come back. Although not ALL of these people say they experienced anything, many have related experiencing "life after death"...and prior to this happening, any number of these people that experienced life after death did not have any specific belief that would lead to nor cause what they "saw".

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont really believe in death, i think of consciousness as one entity fragmented into many pieces to inhabit all the bodies of the world ...so I just figure when I die i'll just be conscious in another body

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

if we look around at the natural world, we don't see death, we see transition.

1 person likes this.
  6. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Accounts of NDE's are very interesting. A friend of mine who nearly drowned whilst swimming and was technically 'dead' for about 4 minutes had one. He said it was hard to describe, but he seemed to be expanding. Afterwards he began to seriously look at Indian spiritual philosophies. He actually did die a couple of years later (and is still missed by yours truly).

The thing is though, since all these people do come back from their experience they weren't really fully dead. Its difficult to prove they were not experiencing it all inside of their heads. When someone comes back with information that can be checked out, it's more often than not dismissed.

More proper research needs to be done into NDE's and related out-of-body experiences. Unfortunately, the scientific materialist paradigm means it's not that likely to happen with full funding anytime soon.

1 person likes this.
  7. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

I think we have souls that, once in the netherworld, become intimately aware of everything in existence. We have to cross over to that place, but we may linger here beforehand. However, once we cross over into the infinite, we become omnipotent. Once I have all the answers I seek, and I'm done flying around the universe in my celestial body, I plan to return. I've always believed this. Heaven is answers, and I'll be back. I have had a couple scares in my life and every time after the initial panic, I've thought "well, better luck next go around." Maybe it's just a coping mechanism, but what's the fun in believing that?

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

When I try to imagine that, I actually feel like my mind is not what did the initial recoil, I kind of felt my heart skip a beat and that dragged my mind back into this all, perhaps subconsciously it was my mind initially though.

I'm not one of those who claims to have 'memories' of past lives and stuff, so in a sense there is already a precedent of what it's like to not exist.

I've had some very strong Psychedelic Experiences such as DMT and Salvia Divinorum, so I understand the mind can go to some extremely bizarre realms and many NDE's seem to have a lot of similarities with some of the more powerful Psychedelics. I'm not sure if these are the result of disturbed brain chemistry or really lend some insight into the possibility of other dimensions but my general takeaway is that if there is any authenticity in those experiences, in terms of showing possible other dimensions, I doubt there's much choice to be had in how your consciousness dismantles itself from the human form. I've pretty much solely got the impression of a very mechanized process of consciousness on really heavy trips.

However, I've also blacked out and had a concussion before, include dreamless sleep in there and I'm leaning more towards it just being "lights out" when you die.

1 person likes this.
  9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

It's like trying to imagine what one was experiencing before birth. I think this is what death will be like, if it even makes sense to put it that way.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if anything, and i'd like it to be something, i would expect the most likely, to be unlike anything any one or any belief or anything at all, has ever thought of.

1 person likes this.
  11. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Nothing happens, you become nutrients for other life forms.

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I believe in an afterlife! :)

Deidre likes this.
  13. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

Consciousness is an illusion. We can't die. We never lived.

14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I will be recognized as the greatest Motherfucker that ever existed

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I heard something on a CD yesterday about "time" being a social construct. It was on DJ Koze "Knock Knock" as a spoken word intro to a song. Interesting. Your post reminds me of that song.

[​IMG]

Eavesdrop likes this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

kind of depends on what context is meant by "happens".
    what is not known is not known and for every guess there are infinity minus one other possibilities.
    i know what i'd like to have happen and what i'd like to not have happen, and if the universe does its usual thing of something else entirely from either one, i will be thankful enough that it does.
    outside of the context of personal perspective, what becomes of the remains of any once living organism, is not greatly difficult to observe.

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Heaven, hell, purgatory, or I was wrong.

18. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Nothing.
    You just die and that's it.
    Heaven and hell are just words invented by humans to make us look like something special.

19. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Valhalla

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is exactly one possibility.
    there are infinity minis one others.

i agree one hundred percent with your second sentence.

what we don't know we don't know.
    at the same time, nothing needs to be known, in order to exist.

there's just no reason to expect what isn't known to take the form of what anyone wants to think.

that's not quite the same as prohibiting anything from existing.

there's a certain ambiguity in the topic question too.
    everything that happens when we don't die goes right on happening to.
    it just isn't happening to us.

or at least not to the us who isn't still here.

what if, 'heaven' and 'hell' are the same 'place' and everything that lives, not just our own species, or even species from our own planet, 'goes there'?

what if 'heaven' and 'hell' are how we experience that 'place' as a result of how we have made ourselves by how we have lived?

(and thus, nothing 'special', our species, nor the planets of 'our' solar system)

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Cliff Unicorn likes this.