What Are You Mix With?

Discussion in 'Other Languages' started by Beautiful Erica, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Bosnian and Croatian and some Greek I didn't know about until a DNA test. Which sounds cool but probably just means an ottoman warrior raped one of my bosnian ancestors

Meliai likes this.
  2. Deejay2018

Deejay2018 Visitor

Wow sexy

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well, not really. Vikings settled and established quite well in Ireland, could have just been a wandering Viking who travelled to Scotland or England. They were in Ireland for hundreds of years, perhaps somebody came to them you never know. Seems like lots of people have some sort of German in them, and I'd be offended if somebody told me that's because they raped a whole bunch of people during wars. Though, that's mostly true if you have a smidgen of Russian.

Vikings also established a vast trading route from the UK to China and Asia in quite a friendly fashion. Nobody wanted to fight them, instead they'd hire them to fight for them. So it wasn't all the pillaging all the time people talk and write about, not all the time. At one point they were very stagnent, which led to them fighting between themselves bringing the downfall.

After the dark ages and early middle ages, Poland was a central trading district, and that's why so many Poles are not Slavic but very white, tall, blonde and blue eyes. Very Nordic. Hitler was even bemused by this. But it wasn't rape, it was just a popular destination for everybody. Possibly why Poland is so diverse in racial characteristic. They got some good breeds though, with the help of the Norse.

The Vikings are very misled in historical evidence. Did you know there's not one shred of historic proof that they ever wore helmets with horns on their heads? Yet that's why we think is Viking. You say Viking you think an angry man with a horned helmet yet they've not been able to prove that, most likely, this was just a representation from the folks in the UK. Might have been true, probably was, but they've never found proof.

One bit of proof they did find was that in Viking settlements the men always looked after themselves with jewelry and hair brushes and combs. Seems that in the between times of pillaging, raping, burning, smashing skulls and drinking blood, they also wanted to look good.

With only small trace amounts of genes, they could have also easily been Saxons or Norman's too, both would have been Viking mixed.

Being English too is a vast concept. The Romans were up in there. You had your native people also, French, Spain, German, Dutch, Scandinavian.

To me being diagnosed as "English" just creates more questions to your one answer of who you are.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I was being facetious, which is admittedly a risk when the topic is rape. I certainly did not intend to offend any descendents of Vikings, ma'am

I am cool with Vikings

I appreciate your passion for the subject :)

And I like how you referred to it as being "diagnosed" :wink: like ma'am, i'm so sorry to tell you this but you've been diagnosed with (insert awful disease), oh and also you're English

I used ma'am twice there, weird .

Irminsul likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

lol, what would be the correct word? i cannot think of one hehe. oh no i took your comment as humor, i laughed.. eeeep.
    i'm honestly too afraid to get a dna test. i shuld be minimum 600yrs but what if something slipped in there? what if some whore slept with a Frenchie? :confounded:

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I honestly cant think of a better word than diagnose right now lol.

Nooooo not Frenchie blood, what a travesty that would be. Might be better to remain ignorant than be diagnosed as a frenchie :shudders:

7. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Puerto Rican American.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

While I was getting my hair done Mel I was thinking about the DNA test and I had to think I've heard people do this and they say they areike, French, German and English and Irish. Or some mix yeah?

Well see, I don't get how they can result that. French<Franks<Germanic tribe. Now wouldnt being "French" yield the same result as any other a German tribe? Wouldn't they just be German. See no wonder anyone with Irish has Scandinavian, because Ireland was very Viking. But how can they narrow down a distinct country to a DNA? It's like if you're English, then there's a lot of options for DNA makeup. But how can a nation, develop internal countries made up of basically the same people, how can you literally identify that nation in a genetic code to be specifically "you"?

Does that make sense? Yeah nah?

I've even heard someone say they were Prussian.. now that's retarded. Prussia was mostly made from Eastern German, northern Austrian and West Poland provinces. It wasn't an individual type of country, nobody is Prussian in blood. They're either German or Pole. And like I already discussed, being Polish doesn't mean you're just Slavic in blood. But you can't be Prussian in a true sense I don't think you know?

9. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Dutch--German ,Scocth Irish , maybe Native American ,ect . I think of my self as a red blooded American .

10. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

First language: Italian. Others fluent or near fluent: English, French, and Spanish. Others with funcional proficiency: Greek, Arabic, and Japanese.

I try not to mix them, but some mixing of languages is inevitable. For example, I'll substitute an Italian word if I do not know the French or Spanish for that particular item, action, or modifier. Because English is the common language of the internet, and it is the most widely known second language on the planet, I may mix an occasional English word into conversation in another language.

English words like "sexy" and "basketball" are used by just about everyone these days.

scratcho likes this.
  11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Odd question: when you are thinking to yourself--in what language are you thinking?

12. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

Mostly English, Irish, and Welsh, with a sprinkling of German, Scottish, Norwegian, and Dutch. A real mutt.

scratcho likes this.
  13. NikkiD

NikkiD Members

With two Homo sapiens. I call them mom and dad.

scratcho likes this.
  14. Jmack

Jmack Senior Member

Cherokee/ Irish on one side
    And german / Scottish the other side.

15. Chef

Chef Members

Dutch/ italian

16. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

Dad white Irish, hippy before it was cool ,mother was from India,

scratcho likes this.
  17. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Is any member of this forum a space alien, human/alien ,or clone?

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

We wouldn't be allowed to tell you if we were...

Candy Gal likes this.
  19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Italian
    Mother from the north.
    My father's surname may have links to the naming of Italy via Vitalia, Vitulus, or víteliú all related to a young bull.

Candy Gal likes this.
  20. ermagerd

ermagerd Members

French and Norwegian, that I am aware of. My last name is definitely Norwegian.

Nippleman likes this.