welcome any questions about China

Discussion in 'China' started by rubberloverhk, Jun 29, 2014.

1. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

I m a new member to this forum and happen to find this interesting sub-forum. I am actually a Chinese living in Hong Kong. You can ask me all kind of questions except applying VISA or anything that a Chinese doesn't have to know.

2. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

That's good. I am curious about China and its culture.

My feeling is - you have mix of Confucius followers, Buddhists and Christians
    Who are han people? Who are Uighur?
    Which is the major thought chinese follow? Or the major effect of which school of thought?

There would be many more coming, if you don't get tired !

3. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Remember, no questions about stuff Chinese don't have to know...:rolleyes:

4. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

Interesting questions

Han people comprise the majority of Chinese. Uyghur is only a very minor group of people in China. I've never seen a Uyghur in real life but they look like people from western or middle-east countries. In fact, they only speak Mandarin which is the official language in China.

Most Chinese don't rely on religious, since China runs on Communism. Marxism. Chinese people are largely affected by their government in terms of thought and lifestyle. Don't try to make any reglious or any strange gestures or postures in China, there is always somebody watching you and you are at risk.

5. odonII

odonII O

What are the emergency services like in comparison to the UK? Is there any 'twinning' of UK/Chinese fire stations?

6. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

Don't rely on emergency services when accidents happen in China.

It's unlikely to get immediate support.

But you will get satisfactory solutions after the events, especially if you are a visitor. The government treats visitors and foreign events seriously.

7. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I'm a Jet Li fan. :2thumbsup:

8. 孟天临

孟天临 Member

您好。
    香港回大陆以后,您怎么样?越来越好,越来越错,还是越来越复杂?

我不好意思。我学中文只两个学期,所以我觉得我的中文台错了。这是很好的练习。我觉得要是您把你的对答给我用中文,我可能看不懂。 哈哈哈

我的名字是我中文课的名字。

谢谢!

9. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

Hi, I understand you Chinese, it's good, but it's very interesting that every foreigners like to ask such question about Hong Kong and China. I can tell you that Hong Kong is part of China legally but in fact we are running on a different system (One country Two systems) I can tell you that practically everything is practically the same after HK handover to China

In fact, most of Hong Kong people feel so bad about this because they don't like their country and their people (Chinese). Most Hong Kong people don't admit that they are ''Chinese'', they think they are different from Chinese, they think they are "Hong Kong -ese". This is ridiculous from my point of view.

I can tell you that Hong Kong people are one of the worst kind of people in the world. They learnt all the bad things from British and Chinese. They never learnt the good things from them. They like to use democracy and freedom of speech to protect their rights. They like to ask for a lot of things but NEVER NEVER give back to their society. They like to talk about law and rules when they are at advantage side and never give way, but when they are at disadvantage side they like to beg for mercy from their government. Hong Kong people are actually very ridiculous. Being polite and acting with manner are only their cosmetic work.

10. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Do you consider your fellow Chinese to be conformists? Workaholics? Is there a lot of pressure from parents to be a doctor? and get married?

11. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

It's hard to say if Chinese are conformists or workaholics, because you know, there are 1,300,000,000 Chinese in China, you can find millions of workaholics and millions of lazy guys in China, it's hard to tell. But I can say, Chinese is changing, many of them are not as hard-working as that of the past. I don't think there is a lot of pressure from parents about preparing to be a doctor but it's true about marriage. A lot of Chinese are highly pressured to get married, especially if they are girls, a lot of Chinese girls are married in their early 20s and give birth to a child, it's really hard to find some girls who are over 25 and have never married. Because of a lot of reasons they like to lie that they are not married, but a lot of young looking ladies in China are already married and may have a number of children taken care by their old parents.

But a lot of Chinese men now are not yet married in their 30s. I am one of them and I will be 30 tomorrow.