Vacation or dating for anger management therapy

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by elijah1984, Feb 21, 2018.

1. elijah1984

elijah1984 Members

I have having anger management issues and I’ve been told by my sister that a vacation will really do me good. She’s not a psychologist or anything, but she said that I sound like I need a break. I was thinking about going to Peru for a quick getaway from work. Do you guys think she’s right about going on a holiday and if ever, is Peru a good choice?

Another friend of mine said maybe I should go out on dates. He said that if I started dating, I might be able to handle my anger better. He suggested signing up for Tinder or Match, going on a dating foreign event, and randomly hitting up on girls at bars. I’m not sure with their ideas. Should I seek therapy instead of listening to them?

2. DiagonalZone

DiagonalZone Member

therapy could help. what is chalks up to is learning to love yourself and your life despite any external circumstances. so how are you going to get there and what is the source of your anger when it comes. pay attention to yourself and why you act the way that you do.

3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I don't know that either will help anger issues perse. I guess if its caused from overstress then OK.

Anyhow. Macu Picchu will definitely help break a stress cycle. The Peruvians I found were wonderful warm people. Particularly the Inca Indians that are left in the region.

I'd do that before dates as a date doesn't need to be dealing with anger issues.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm not really sure how a vacation is supposed to help with stress. it's a very common belief, but in my experience you're much less stressed when you're actually on vacation, but when you get back it's even worse because 1) you have a ton of work to catch up on, and 2) you were just somewhere great and now you're back to the grind with no break in sight.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If it is stress related a vacation to a new place where you can get your mind off things can be good. But not neccesarily if its a short vacation where you going by a checklist of must see and do locations in a limited amount of time. If I'd visit Peru I would not like to go for like a 2 week visit. Pretty sure i would return home with regret of what i had to skip as much as satisfaction of the few things i got to experience. And not worthwile stress or anger relieved.