Tramadol withdrawal and cannabis

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by windy, Jun 23, 2019.

1. windy

windy Member

Anybody used cannabis for tramadol or opiate withdrawal. About to take my last tramadol after knee replacement surgery. Scares the bejeezus outta me. Wish I had never taken the damn stuff.

2. windy

windy Member

Sorry, reposted in medicinal marijuana

3. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Tramadol is not an opioid. It is not addictive. I have taken it for years when Tylenol did not help with pain.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This is true....

This is not necessarily true...

There is an SNRI content to Tramadol that in some people is highly "dose compliant" and withdrawals can be hell.

In those instances I don't know if pot would help or hurt, depends on how the SNRI withdrawals are affecting that person... I wouldn't make a blanket recommendation.

Lynnbrown and windy like this.
  5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The only thing that my husband notices withdrawal from is tramadol; not hydrocodone and not gabapentin.

If you have some gabapentin l've heard it helps withdrawals.

windy likes this.
  6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I am of the mentality that THC will improve your pain management. As for withdrawal symptoms, I know almost nothing. I have never had withdrawal from tramadol though, and I've taken it for my sciatica.

windy and Bicaptain My Captain like this.
  7. windy

windy Member

Thanks guys...I had read some horror stories on the internet about tramadol withdrawal. Already had an issue with meth years and years ago...never! want to go through anything like that again. So far so good can't sleep though *eyeroll* will get my son in law to bring over some of his *brownies*

8. Bicaptain My Captain

Medicinal brownies. You!

Lynnbrown and windy like this.
  9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

When I broke a bone years ago, they put me on tramadol for pain management...and I can say I definitely felt something like withdrawals!!! I was smoking weed back then (now I'm just an edible person) and without a doubt the weed helped my feelings of withdrawal! Also do consider edibles. Both smoking and edibles would definitely help you get over that withdrawal hump from tramadol...at least I think so.

Good luck!

and its good to see you around, but I hate its under these circumstances of recovering from knee replacement.

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

best bud is now a massive pot head after kicking 30 year opiate addiction...….for the umpteenth time....this one is the longest so far

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i thought this was going to be like best buy, except for pot instead of electronics.

rollingalong likes this.
  12. Bicaptain My Captain

Isn't Best Bud a store in Colorado?