To Christians: Why won't God reveal himself?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Gravity, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Gravity

Gravity #winning

God supposedly holds the universe in the palm of his hand and loves more more than I can possibly imagine. Furthermore, he wants nothing more than for me to get to know him... right?

So why doesn't he do the comparably trivial task of dropping a grapefruit from the sky when I pray for one to be dropped? :)

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Are you referring to God or Jesus??

If you are referring to God, then you could direct that question at any religion since they all worship a God.

I have no doubt there are forces working within the universe, but I don't believe what any of the organized manmade religions tell me.

I find it funny that people are conditioned to believe that either you must believe in a religion, or you must believe that nothing higher exists at all. So I really feel bad for religious people and atheists alike. I feel bad that the religious are being mislead with manmade religio-political dogma, and I feel bad that atheists believe there is nothing higher than the material world.

There is a HUGE difference between people being religious and being spiritual. Most religious people are not spiritual at all... they are just brainwashed.

GeorgeJetStoned and Orison like this.
  3. CanniEvergrow

CanniEvergrow Member

Tho God dose love more more than you could posibly imagine, where'd ya ever get the idea He loves YOU more more than you could posibly imagine? --Also,-What makes you think He wants YOU to get to know Him? Getcher own fukkin grapfruit!

4. Kempo

Kempo Member

haha

5. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

god doesnt reveal himself cause in reality god is some fat dude playing sims on his dell compu:p

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I am not a Christian, and I do not believe in God.

But if I did, I would tell you this:

Got reveals himself to you in more ways that you can possibly count. Look at a bug crawling on your window, a blade of grass, a ray of light... if you can't see God in it, then you must surely be blind.

thefutureawaits and Okiefreak like this.
  7. LanSLIde

LanSLIde Member

Because you don't really want a grapefruit, noone likes grapefruits.

Keep working on that introspection thing

8. TheProphetoftheWord

TheProphetoftheWord Member

Gravity,
    Ignorance in the hands of the discontent is a dangerous weapon indeed!
    Must the Lord construct the Universe to answer the petty wants of the arrogant?
    The truth of existence is beyond the demands of arrogance!

9. Gravity

Gravity #winning

You say "no doubt", so you must have a faith-based world view then?

Your emotional need to believe in a higher force doesn't make you any less predictable than the rest of us.

I prefer the theist-agnostic-atheist scale Dawkins uses in his book. You find many absolute theists, but very few absolute atheists. I think your generalization is unjustified.

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's no more faith-based than a person who thinks human emotions and the beauty of nature are the result of some scientific accident alone.

It's not an emotional need. It's a realization people come to from looking within themselves. They find that the truth does not come from any religion or manmade teaching.

11. Gravity

Gravity #winning

*sigh*

Science is the field of describing how it works, it is not the cause of anything.

And "accident" is not a good word and it is not something I know anyone would use. If you rather said the result of a long row of natural events taking place over billions of years, then we are closer to reality.

12. Creek

Creek Apple Pie

Agreed.

13. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

Why does "proof" always have to take extraordinary or overwhelming form? The ordinary is truly awe inspiring when one stops taking it for granted.

It may be impossible, but try to imagine nothingness . . . no existence of any kind, no information, no perception, absolute nothingness. If you can attain even an imaginary perception of that total nothingness (and not a second sooner) then look at all that DOES exist. What IS all of this?

This is the key to the story of Moses and the Burning Bush . . . "I Am what I Am." When you take even a single step toward understanding the meaning of this, then you'll find the Universe (God, The Tao, etc.) is always expressing itself to you. What else are you expecting?

Peace and Love

jesusfreak420 likes this.
  14. Bl4ck3n3D

Bl4ck3n3D Member

It's as simple as this.

That's for God to know, and obviously NOT you. Just know there are many, many, MANY, bigger reasons than any human or any species could ever imagine.

15. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Jehovah does reveal himself to his true believers

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

17. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

The great fruit digest perfectly in the human body evidence of gods existence

18. jesusfreak420

jesusfreak420 Members

That's a really good question (I'm not too sure about the grapefruit though- lol). Personally, I think GOD does reveal HIMSELF to us in many ways. I love being in nature for this very reason. I see GOD'S existence when I watch the sunset over the ocean, or when I go walking beside the lake, or see a newborn baby. I'm not a scientist (my science training is limited to what I learned studying psychology), but my biggest problem with the theories of evolution is simply that something cannot be created out of nothing. At some point, surely there had to be something to put things into motion. For me, I believe that something is GOD. I believe that GOD is all around us, but often "finding HIM" requires us to stop, pause and admire all that is here.

Hope you find the answers you're looking for. Peace

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well, because people assume the more extraordinary/overwhelming, the more convincing/certain it is. I think that's the thought behind it. People want proof to become sure of something.
    Most people who don't believe in God actually don't want to find faith in something theistic/religious: they want to be sure of it (know for certain) or..., after concluding they can't be, confront theists with their spiritual/religious convictions by nagging on (the lack of) scientific evidence/proof :p

20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Christianity is a faith, and it takes a leap of faith to believe. It's a choice. And those who choose are rewarded.

Now, if God just came down from heaven and started waving his arms like, "Hello, here I am! Get me, I make miracles happen," then the world accepts Christianity as real. No one will believe in it as a faith.

We are supposed to believe in God; not acknowledge Him as a fact.

Okiefreak and jesusfreak420 like this.