Think of the message being sent to the kids?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by DdC, Mar 20, 2005.

1. trevor3051

trevor3051 Member

I think the legalization of marijuana has to gain more support from the youth. The hippie generation has been doing their part for the last 40 years. Its time the youth stood up along side them and made their voices heard. I think the youth needs to educate themselves on the benefits of marijuana so they can make legitamite arguments with those that oppose it so everyone will see how hypocritical the government is when it comes to this issue. I am tired of uneducated people running this country and making the laws.

2. active gopher

active gopher Member

The worry behind the youth movement is that it will just be a phase passing through the individual youths' life. You have to establish an educated connection between responsible usage and responsible kids. We've been having this problem over at Pot-Cast.com While preparing a disclaimer. How do you define a responsible marijuana smoking youth? At what age? 13, 15, 18, 19, 21 are all ages in consideration. The problem however is that the age is not the issue, the issue is responsability. The older are responsible to teach the young a proper education of cannabis use. There's more to smoking than rolling and lighting up. I hope to discuss this further @ www.pot-cast.com We'll have some educated individuals posting over there shortly. Hopefully these questions will be better understood, as well as answered, someday soon.
    Pot-Cast.com

3. zerokool280

zerokool280 Member

hey i just started smoking weed and i would like to know more if possible so if someone could hook me up with some info and maybe help me help u be able to try to legalize it.

4. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

looking through this forum would be a good start, google on it, there is one big stoners community on the net or at least a well-known site about it you should look up (i forgot the name because i never use it).

BTW nice pic you got overthere of hendrix

5. enjoibaked

enjoibaked Member

Erowid has some very good information.
    Concept420.com is the place to go if you are looking for recipes or "how to guides."
    I don't advise their joint rolling guide.
    I flipped through it and decided it was a lot better if you are taught.

6. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

that's so true, always better to be taught personally in joint rolling

7. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

my cousin was the maker of hightimes...dont bevieve me? fuck you!it makes me practicly obligated to supprt it...anyway, i think it should be everyones own choise to smoke herb or not. if you dont like it then thats ok but dont say we should stop

8. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

i love weed...its help me through some heavy shit. just imagine how much it could help in the years to come.

skrew the message
    weed=peace

9. thecheese1206

thecheese1206 Member

700,000 americans are arrested for marijuana charges each year. costing tax payers 7 billion dollars. we could rid the national debt in one year with the legalization of marijuana

10. DepTh

DepTh Member

so..why is marijuana illegal in the first place?

11. rob1134

rob1134 Member

i try to teach people about weed at every oppertunity i get. i dont just mention it out of the blue randomly but whenever the topic arises im the first to share my knowledge and educate people. usually by the end of the discussion the only thing people have to say is
    "well its illegal so 'nuff said". but it feels good to have informed some more people about the truths of marijuana... even if they don't always agree or accept the facts.

12. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

Whats great about today and today's teens is the info is all over the net and they can make own mind up on pot not government.

BTW EVERYONE

NEW mayor of OAKLAND CA is none other than US congressman Ron Dellums
    who is a cannabis law reformer past NORML board member. He supports the Measure Z.

OAKLAND is right next to San Francisco

Bart takes 20 mins from downtown SF to Oakland, for a Oakland A's game

Measure Z:
    Oakland voters have overwhelmingly approved Measure Z. Spearheaded by the Drug Policy Alliance Network and other groups, the measure will set the groundwork for decriminalizing marijuana while making private, adult cannabis use the lowest enforcement priority for police. It allows the police to focus their resources and energy on fighting violent crime and lowering the city's murder rate. The initiative will also raise funds for the city and allow medical marijuana users to buy their medicine from legitimate businesses.

Endorsers of Measure Z included public health groups, community leaders and elected officials. Rep. Barbara Lee, who represents Oakland in Congress, recorded a phone message to Oakland voters urging their support. The Bay Area has a long history of championing reforms that lead to desperately-needed changes on the state and national levels.

"Oakland voters clearly understood the 'war on drugs' has been a failure and detrimental to our community," said Judy Appel, attorney with the Drug Policy Alliance Network in Oakland. "Criminalizing marijuana has unfairly imprisoned thousands of nonviolent offenders, including a disproportionate number of people of color. Meanwhile, our police are wasting time and energy they could be using to focus on violent crime."

The movement in California is strong I am seeing coffee shop/ pot clubs in San Francisco.Where you can buy and smoke.

Anyone can get a card.

Don't think feds don't want here it's A TEST.

The clubs pay 20k for permit.
    High ass rents.
    Pay income tax.
    Hire workers.
    Take off street.
    Also it makes yearly 100k in sales tax.

ADS ALL OVER THE STREETS ON THE PROGRAMS AND WHERE TO GET DOCTORS.

That's why 140+clubs here.

This is going nation in less than 10yrs for not just sick for everyone.

I get the oaksterdam paper from oakland

All pot news, reviews of clubs, and newest laws and so on. they have website to get new news.

legal pot soon for all and they will use this system I am sure of it.

13. joker73a

joker73a Member

I would agree on most of what you said except the part about organic tobacco being any good which it isn't. Nicotine is a poison and it's in tobacco..organic or not.

14. pleasant_nightmare

pleasant_nightmare Member

Fucking weed should be so fucking legal and shit, like, when i'm hi, i can so well!

15. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

you sound like a lame enhancment smoker who only tokes, or pretends to, so they can be cool and excepted.

16. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

and to joker... the dutch started the slave trade. so your location makes no sence... except for ignorent people who dont know their history.

17. Templedragon

Templedragon Peace through Spirit

dood you spelled sense wrong and then talked about ignorant people.

burn dood, burn

18. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

you spelled dude wrong

19. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

It will pass when today's seniors get out numbered by newer younger seniors.
    We are coming in 20-30yrs

By then its a snap!

20. joker73a

joker73a Member

Dude,I'm talking about the people IMPRISONED by our archaric laws such as the law against marijuana and those ENSLAVED to the probation/parole systems for possession of this wonderful herb. If you had asked me instead of assuming like an ignorant piece of shit that you are you would have learned that but instead you act like a typical little shit and show your ignorance. Fine with me,you're the one who looks stupid.