The Notebook

Discussion in 'Romance Movies' started by sara_rose, Dec 16, 2005.

1. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

If you haven't seen it you really have to go and rent it, it's one of my favourite movies! It makes me cry everytime :p But really, it's so good!
    Those of you that have seen it, what did you think of it?

2. karma lennon

karma lennon Member

i LOVED this movie... makes me want a noah to my allie. i love that it was based in the 40s, the whole aura of it was just beautiful.

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I thought it was pretty cute...

4. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

Yeah exactly, it really makes you want that kind of love! *sighs* i so have to go watch that movie again!

5. mr.Lamp

mr.Lamp Member

Greetings to all I from Russia. I am very glad, that on the Internet is
    Such resource as this!! Also I wish to tell, that the HIPPIE will be always,
    Babylon or system (to whom somehow to name the existing order in the world) will not fall yet. Unfortunately I while badly speak English
    on it I use the translator. I hope, that sometime people will think again also all will be in another way. And what to destroy system it is necessary to go to authority, will pretend to the person of system, to hold a supervising post, and then to destroy it..
    Really now in the USA there is nobody from former hippies at authority or in
    The big business which can help?? At us in Russia such is not present,
    And in general to us it is very far up to such democracy as in the USA and the Europe.
    Recently have forbidden to drink beer in public places, and still our president, the government and parliament steal money and ëîáèðóþò
    Interests of richmen. In our army scoff at soldiers and feed
    Their slops. It is a pity that at us people are not able to struggle for the rights,
    As óâ the USA in 60-70 years.... Thanks that you is!!!
    And in occasion of drugs if you consider, that it is bad,
    Forget all that spoke you about them, this all washing of brains and
    Propagation of the government.. Badly only heroin, cocaine..
    Marihuana and mushrooms here 2 gifts of the nature for Hippie....
    Write I shall answer all!! (never communicated with foreigners on the Internet) greenpeace33@mail.ru (Pawel 20 years)
    P.S. Huge greetings to all Rastaman.. The peace and love all!!!

6. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

that's just great.. i can really see why you felt that this message was so important you just had to post it in like 5 different forums.. :rolleyes:

7. andyundo

andyundo Member

The Notebook, hmmmm. I saw it the day before yesterday with three girl cousins at 11pm at a house in the country. They cried throughout the whole movie, I just saw it normally. It was a typical love film, pretty well made. Liked the part when noah comes from the war and makes his dream house, and I hated Allie's mom when she kept the letters. Anways, it was nice.

8. Silly Angel

Silly Angel Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It was a good movie. A bit too predictable and maybe a little too typical. But Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams were great in it. Definately far from Gosling's best role, but he did a great job playing it as always. P.S. for Gosling fans, if you haven't already, check out The Believer (with Billy Zane and Summer Phoenix) and The United States of Leland (with Jenna Malone and Don Cheadle). They are both excellent movies.

9. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

i seen it the first day it came out.it was pretty good but i was dying for it to end.i had to piss sooo badly :D

10. lindseybug

lindseybug Member

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this movie.

11. karma lennon

karma lennon Member

I LOVED United States of Leland. I find that to be his best role yet that I have seen. I haven't seen The Believer yet, but I heard good stuff.

12. tryred

tryred Member

I cried pretty much throughout the whole movie. Very beautiful. Acting was great. Typical storyline, but isn't that just love? Mmm.

13. ProzacBunny

ProzacBunny Member

It was an okay movie. Not spectacular, but not terrible either.

14. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

i love that movie, its one of my favorite love stories. i cried in the theatres when i saw it

15. May Aizelle

May Aizelle Member

I could watch it over n over n over again and not get tired of it.. it gives me that fuzzy feelin in my tummy...

16. MaryJane69

MaryJane69 Member

I cried so hard. I was like i'm not going to cry I'm not going to cry and i did. It was just so sweet!

And I love them as a couple. They're together in real life. I remember him from Breaker High!

17. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

oh i love this movie its just so...idk how to explain it. its one of those movies you can watch over and over again and it'll still make you happy

18. earthmomma

earthmomma Senior Member

I watched this movie when i was pregnant and nobody warned me that it would be so tragic... My hormones gave me the ass whoopin' of a life time!

19. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I enjoyed this movie. I'd like to see it again.

20. Blinkandimgone

Blinkandimgone Member

i made the mistake of watching this film alone, its one of the worst things you could do!!only watch this film if you have a friend or someone around to give you a fat ol' hug after