The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. lode

lode Banned

2. egger

egger Member

"The White House calls Ty Cobb’s exit a ‘retirement,' but it sounds as though he was pushed.’

If it ever ends up like Nixon, the White House will claim that Trump wasn't pushed to exit but that he simply opted for retirement. :)

3. lode

lode Banned

Made America Great Again in only two years, then walked off into the sunset. :tonguewink:

4. egger

egger Member

This is expected. Trump alone can fix it. Trump knows the law (and just about everything else) better than everyone. It's part of the narcissitic fashion of handling his life prior to becoming President.

What Trump may not appreciate are the major differences between local court cases involving his abuse of contractors (where he had the advantage of being a billionaire) and those involving Constitutional law.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  5. egger

egger Member

Trump knows everything better than everyone.

video

stormountainman likes this.
  6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Every time I read something that comes from Trump the liar I have to make sure my seatbelt is on!

Flagme15 likes this.
  7. stormountainman

Please send that to: Democracynow.org
    MSNBC
    CNN
    Al Zamaan Iraqi news
    Arcata Eye
    The Onion
    The Detroit Free Press
    Truthout
    Informationclearinghouse
    Atlanta Journal Constitution
    Indianapolis Star
    Telegraph UK
    Le Mond France
    Independent UK
    Reuters
    Oklahoma ...

8. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

9. egger

egger Member

Trump once again is portraying himself as the victim.

Trump: Stormy Daniels-like payoff deals common for 'people of wealth'
    The president tweeted Thursday about his reimbursement of $130,000 that his lawyer Michael Cohen paid to Daniels days before the 2016 election.
    by Alex Johnson and Dennis Romero
    May.02.2018 / 10:21 PM ET / Updated May.03.2018 / 10:27 AM ET

Trump: Payoff deals like Stormy Daniels' are common for 'people of wealth'

excerpt:

"On Wednesday night, after his initial appearance on "Hannity," Giuliani told The New York Times that after the presidential campaign, Cohen was reimbursed $460,000 or $470,000 in $35,000-a-month installments through a Trump family account for having "settled several problems" for the president.

Giuliani said he was "not clear” whether Trump was aware of the payments to Daniels when they were made, according to The Times.

"I don't think he did (know) until now," Giuliani said. "That removes the campaign finance violation, and we have all the documentary proof for it.""

10. egger

egger Member

Trump: "Cohen, I did it again. Fix it!"

11. stormountainman

Guiliani is calling on Sessions to close Mueller...

12. stormountainman

I would like to watch that Russian sex tape they made of Trump and big 6'9" Boris the proctologist extraordinaire...

Flagme15 and scratcho like this.
  13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

If that ever happened, what would happen then?

14. egger

egger Member

Giuliani talks like he's on the team prosecuting Trump.

Giuliani’s Defense Only Intensifies the Legal Risks for Trump
    The former New York mayor said in an interview that a payment made on the president’s behalf to Stormy Daniels prevented damaging information from emerging during the 2016 election.
    Jonathan Ernst / Reuters
    Adam Serwer
    May 3, 2018 12:13 PM ET

How Giuliani’s Defense Just Intensified the Legal Risks for Trump

excerpt:

"“Money from the campaign, or campaign contributions, played no roll [sic] in this transaction,” the president insisted.

But Giuliani quickly contradicted that explanation in an interview with Fox and Friends Thursday morning, indicating that the payment to Daniels was meant to prevent damaging information from emerging in the latter days of the 2016 campaign. “Imagine if that came out on October 15, 2016, in the middle of the last debate with Hillary Clinton,” Giuliani said. “Cohen didn’t even ask. He made it go away. He did his job.”

That statement, legal experts said, appears to confirm that the payment was a campaign expenditure. “This is good circumstantial evidence this was campaign-related,” said Rick Hasen, a law professor at the University of California, Irvine. “Giuliani did Trump no favors.”

Fischer agreed. “Giuliani's reference to the October campaign debate makes the electoral purpose of this payment more clear than it already was, and it already was pretty clear,” Fischer said. “It is hard to argue that this payment was not intended to influence the 2016 election, and it should have been reported.""

15. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Liberals are leftists because the extremist right wingers labeled them that, because it sounds worse than liberal. Liberal denotes being liberated, leftist denotes commies....you know....like the Russians and Putin, Trump's buddies. CONservatives have no shame....they side with the commies, and demonize real Americans. How low will YOU go?

Okiefreak and scratcho like this.
  16. stormountainman

I don't really know how far it would play out in a constitutional crisis. It would be a limited collapse of federal institutions, something Trump has started anyway. (i.e. government services cut or ended) Then the Democrats and Republicans will go at each other...maybe take it to the supreme court? I know Trump and the Freedom Caucus have done some serious damage to this country.

17. stormountainman

And Trump brought all the women who sued Bill Clinton to the debate with Hillary...knowing all along his own sex adventures were safe in Cohen's file cabinet.

scratcho likes this.
  18. lode

lode Banned

Well that's where we enter the real Constitutional crisis. A conflict that the current law is unable to resolve.

The only resolution we have in that case, is impeachment. Which is is a political solution, not a legal one. Meaning if the political will for impeachment doesn't exist, it won't happen.

We didn't even remove Andrew Johnson from office, who was arguably a worse president.

If I were to bet, I'd say Trump get's impeached but not removed from office like Clinton.

19. stormountainman

If enough Republicans vote with democrats...like corker and McCain and Flake...he'll have to resign or get impeached like Nixon. Big Question is how far Repubs are willing to back him knowing what the voters are about to do. The recent attacks by Republicans on Mitch McConnell are sure to piss him off.

20. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

lol. trump really knows how to pick them doctors, and lawyers.