The Banning of Jehovahs Witnesses in Russia

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by thefutureawaits, Jan 2, 2018.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I think it is an autrocity that the Russian supreme court just recently banned JW's, planted incriminating evidence and confiscated all properties. This is an outrage.
    Russia is supposed to have freedom of religion. There are 170,000 Jehovahs witnesses in Russia. They are all now preaching underground in fear of being arrested.

Irminsul likes this.
  2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Arrested for what ? Please give more details .

3. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

arrested for practicing their religion and having banned books or magazines. Which is speaking about the Good News of Gods Kingdom. They are labeled as extremists..haha

4. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Pretty sure you brought this up before..

6. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

did I ? Well this was the appeal and now it is going to the Europeon court of human rights

7. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Jehovah Witnesses are very good communists , and they are welcome to visit me at my home .
    The women are so lovely and the men stay in the car silent and watchful .

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I think it does. "The judge ordered all 395 local chapters and its Russian headquarters to close and authorized the government to seize all property. Under the ruling, distributing copies of the Watchtower, discussing their beliefs in public, or even worshipping at a meeting hall has become a crime. A lawyer for Russia’s justice ministry, Svetlana Borisova, told the court that Jehovah’s Witnesses “pose a threat to the rights of the citizens, public order and public security,” according to media reports.
    Russia Bans Jehovah’s Witnesses as Extremists

It's not clear that Russia would abide by a decision of European Court of Human Rights on the matter. Putin signed a law allowing Russia to ignore human rights rulings by international courts, even though it is a signatory of the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties. Vladimir Putin just signed a law allowing Russia to ignore international human rights So its not clear how this will play out.