Thanksgiving Leftover Meatloaf

Discussion in 'Meat' started by cerridwen, Oct 9, 2006.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Just like ur basic meatloaf.... Take all your leftovers, ie turkey, veggies, stuffin', etc, and mash it all together. Add 1 egg per 1lb-1.5lbs. Mash in 1 cup leftover gravy or 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup cornflakes (or really dry stuffing!) and bake in oven for about 20-30 minutes at 325F. Yummy meatloaf, awesome with a little melted cheese on top!

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i wonder how it would be with quinoa instead of cornflakes

i dont think i've ever made meatloaf before, was in my 20's the first time i ever tried it. that's seriously all there is to making it? sounds super easy

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

sure, quinoa would work :) as long as its dry enough to absorb some of the moisture.

The point, though, to keep in mind about cornflakes ~ the purpose of it being there is to absorb some of the moisture from things like the soup, egg, gravy, etc... so that it doesn't fall apart like slush in your plate.

4. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

that sounds suprisingly tasty and a good way to get rid of those leftovers.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

indeed :) meatloaf is a bit of a staple in my house - both my husband and my brother enjoy meatloaf sandwiches for their lunches, so I've become a bit of an expert in making different kinds.

6. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

7. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Gonna have to try this. Sounds different but interesting to try out.